Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 589
  1. #101
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Truckee & Sonoma
    Posts
    13,246
    Don't be so sure. Rumor has it they are teaching robots to smoke copious amounts of weed and brush snow off the occasional chair.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Da Norf Lake
    Posts
    2,029
    Heads up for anybuddy going into burned areas this week, starting tomorrow. Rain could result in flooding and landslides.

    https://twitter.com/nwsreno/status/1...709834756?s=21
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    14,630
    you should be fine if you dig a pit first
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    18,783
    Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    Heads up for anybuddy going into burned areas this week, starting tomorrow. Rain could result in flooding and landslides.

    https://twitter.com/nwsreno/status/1...709834756?s=21
    They just posted a flash flood warning for those areas on Sacramento TV as well.

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    14,630
    It's a bit weird they left out the Tamarack and Caldor fires when the forecast is for the moisture to push specifically into the ebbetts pass area.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    sutro tower
    Posts
    537
    I wonder how many trees are coming down in these first 100mph winds. Couldn't pay me enough to stand in one of those moonscaped forests right now

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    196
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Don't be so sure. Rumor has it they are teaching robots to smoke copious amounts of weed and brush snow off the occasional chair.

    Maybe that's what will end up saving us from the takeover of the world by robot overlords.

    https://youtu.be/PZMRcrGix8Q

  8. #108
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    452
    Not Tahoe, but Mammoth just moved up opening day to next Friday Oct 29th.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    14,630
    Quote Originally Posted by emcee View Post
    I wonder how many trees are coming down in these first 100mph winds. Couldn't pay me enough to stand in one of those moonscaped forests right now
    The moonscaped areas wouldn't scare me so much. Without most of the branches and the needles gone they're less dangerous, but they're also not blocking any of the wind you'd hope trees will block. I'd be more worried in the brown needle forests after the beetles come.


    Speaking of trees blocking wind, I wonder is Sierra will still be the goto storm day resort in the future.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    14,630
    BA's forecast just out. Winds to 130 over the ridges on Sunday. Current guestimate for Kirkwood top is 71" by tuesday with 50" at the base
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    662
    ^^ holy smokes.

    <<< Immediately clicking over to OpenSnow....

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Mountains, Trees, and a Big Blue Lake
    Posts
    454
    That may be the hype train picking up steam to go back at it again for another year. I am not seeing the temps in-line with such copious amounts. Looks like rain here in town with a cold finish.

    Although this may be just the snot and spackle we desire!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Um I dont know dork.png 
Views:	105 
Size:	106.5 KB 
ID:	389792
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

  13. #113
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    452
    I just received a "California Sno-Parks Visitor use survey". Backcountry skiing isn't even listed as an option on the activities survey. You have to write it in. Dog Sledding is an option though.

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    296
    Quote Originally Posted by NakedShorts View Post
    That may be the hype train picking up steam to go back at it again for another year. I am not seeing the temps in-line with such copious amounts. Looks like rain here in town with a cold finish.

    Although this may be just the snot and spackle we desire!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Um I dont know dork.png 
Views:	105 
Size:	106.5 KB 
ID:	389792
    I guess this happens pretty much every storm, but did you actually read BAs forecast? Or the chart showing snow accumulation at various altitudes?

    Hes calling for 2-9 at 6000 depending on location. All the big numbers are for 8000-9000.

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    14,630
    Quote Originally Posted by davjr96 View Post
    I just received a "California Sno-Parks Visitor use survey". Backcountry skiing isn't even listed as an option on the activities survey. You have to write it in. Dog Sledding is an option though.
    yeah i wrote it in too
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    the Low Sierra
    Posts
    14,763
    same here
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    sutro tower
    Posts
    537
    I said cross country skiing because that's sorta what it is. But with some radness mixed in

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    Truckee
    Posts
    75
    I did have my friend's husky pull me across a flat section once, so I guess that counts as dog sledding.

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    3,903
    Like like Sierra is pretty well fucked this season.

    https://liftblog.com/2021/10/21/sier...imited-terrain

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    296

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Da Norf Lake
    Posts
    2,029

    22 Blue - Looking ahead to the New (aka Fuck Summer (aka Tahoe Thread))

    I80 east is proper fucked at Floriston. Semi sideways across all lanes. Don't go.

    Coming back from the TGR movie at the drive in and it was nice stoke. That's an awesome venue as long as the weather holds. Would go again.

    Edit to add: traffic being turned at Hirschdale.

    Edit edit: and seeing the traffic going down 267 and turning east on 28, I think traffic is going around and over 431. Good luck
    Last edited by lepistoir; 10-22-2021 at 12:21 AM.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Truckee, CA
    Posts
    7,341
    Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    I80 east is proper fucked at Floriston. Semi sideways across all lanes. Don't go.

    Coming back from the TGR movie at the drive in and it was nice stoke. That's an awesome venue as long as the weather holds. Would go again.

    Edit to add: traffic being turned at Hirschdale.

    Edit edit: and seeing the traffic going down 267 and turning east on 28, I think traffic is going around and over 431. Good luck
    Was just gonna comment on how the I-80 shitshow has begun and it wasn't even snowing! If this is how things start off with a little bit of rain, I cant wait for the snow...

    I had tix to see a 9:45 screening of Dune in Sparks; didn't make it.
    Gotta give props to CalTrans (NOT) who had a truck with an electronic billboard saying "I-80 Closed" stationed just after the Old Greenwood exit at 8:55. The flashing sign was also folded down and dimmed half bright so you couldn't really see it. Way to go. Not sure why they didn't have it set up back at the main Truckee exits so people could actually get off the highway before getting trapped in the gridlock...
    I sat in traffic for 1.5 hours before I could get off at Hirschdale and scoot through the Shire to get home.

    Unless I am reading this wrong, it appears that the Floriston accident happened a little after 8pm.
    Yet when I got on I-80 at 8:45 at the first Truckee exit there were no CHP or CalTrans set up warning of the closure.
    https://ca-17.com/I-80

    And, yes, the West Wind Drive-in is solid. Saw a Nic Cage flick there last month and had Screen 2 all to myself. Plus their bathrooms were hella sparkly clean...
    Last edited by dookey67; 10-22-2021 at 01:52 AM.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

    http://www.blizzardsportusa.com/

  23. #123
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Access to Granlibakken
    Posts
    9,334
    Quote Originally Posted by bonewrenched View Post
    Did any of you guys contact the Parks to give them, erm, feedback?

    I bought my mine in Oregon last year so I didn’t get the survey link.

  24. #124
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    14,630
    This was a feedback survey, no need to contact them via another method.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

  25. #125
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Truckee, CA
    Posts
    7,341
    Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    This was a feedback survey, no need to contact them via another method.
    Anybody got a link for the survey?
    I didn't get sent one, but would def like to chime in.
    Cursory webz search for the survey came up bunk...
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

    http://www.blizzardsportusa.com/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •