Page 114 of 126 FirstFirst ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... LastLast
Results 2,826 to 2,850 of 3140
    They have a 4 way stop sign roundabout in Laurel Heights in SF and causes more road rage in my body than anything. THEN WHY HAVE A ROUNDABOUT??? [/end of rant]

ALL roundabouts suck.
    Except for this one:

"Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

The Northwoods one was going to be the next one built before the pandemic. I hope the TD folks didn't get it killed. I think they also plan one at the Safeway light.

I first saw the benefits of roundabouts in my travels to France.

They dramatically reduce the waiting times compared to stop lights.

I think they would work at squaw ab Alpine intersections

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

Saw this on Newsy tv channel other day. Carmel IN going all in with roundabouts, to good results.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/roundab...armel-indiana/
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/roundab...armel-indiana/

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

22 Blue - Looking ahead to the New (aka Fuck Summer (aka Tahoe Thread))

Then you haven’t seen many Americans attempt them lol. In my neighborhood in SF, the city installed stop signsa couple years ago at the entrance of a 40 yr old round about because people kept fucking up the system even though it’s been there longer than most current residents

They’re ok if they are in non tourist areas but when people aren’t used to them they fuck it up everytime
    Last edited by mcski; 08-21-2022 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    They have a 4 way stop sign roundabout in Laurel Heights in SF and causes more road rage in my body than anything. THEN WHY HAVE A ROUNDABOUT??? [/end of rant]
    Stop signs at roundabouts make no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by dookeyXXX View Post
    ALL roundabouts suck.
    Except for this one:

This one is pretty cool
    Name:  istockphoto-858834764-612x612.jpg
Views: 709
Size:  61.5 KB

But be warned, unlike our roundabouts, in France cars entering have ROW (priorite a droite, which is harder to understand than the infleld fly rule.)
    I stood on top and watched the traffic for an hour. Even more fun the B of A.
    There are some cool videos of it--for some reason imbedding youtube isn't working for me at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Then you haven’t seen many Americans attempt them lol. In my neighborhood in SF, the city out stop signs at the entrance to a 40 yr old round about because people kept fucking up

They’re ok if they are in non tourist areas but when people aren’t used to them they fuck it up everytime
    People will learn

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    People will learn

Rod, I appreciate your optimism, but I have been living here since 2009 and people hain’t learned yet…

And inferring that California drivers are as intelligent as French drivers is misguided logic.
    Everybody knows Californian’s can’t drive…

"Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Still, for example at the roundabout on 89 just south of 80, i only see a few drivers that stop instead of going when they have the right of way.

Regardless, I'm for more roundabouts.
    But that's just my opinion.

22 Blue - Looking ahead to the New (aka Fuck Summer (aka Tahoe Thread))

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    People will learn

Did you read the part about the roundabout existing for 40 yrs BEFORE stop signs were deemed necessary to stop the fuckery? People are dumb and slow to learn things as a group. As tourists encountering one, it’s doesn’t work. Check the ones in north shore if you don’t believe me. It’s a non stop cluster fuck. I like round abouts but it’s a crap shoot in tourist areas for them to be work properly

I had never seen this before until this past June in Princeville Kauai. Like what are we even doing here????
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

I like roundabouts. Around me, people have learned. There’s fairly solid quantitive evidence of when and how they are effective compared to signalized lights or stop signs.

My first complexish roundabout experience was in New Zealand about 5 minutes after getting behind the wheel. That was a trip (didn’t die)

I’m with you there. Stop sign or roundabout. Pick one. Driving down Euclid really boiled my piss when I used to live in SF.

Youtubers found the missing girl in Prosser lake. Sad end to this story.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    4 Time Balboa Open Champion

I feel sorry for the folks who live on Beaver or up in the Grid, gonna be a total shitshow when they put in the roundabout at the bottom of 267.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Did some roundabouts in Paris with stop lights inside. That's fucking confusing.

Sent from my BE2015 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Truckee Joe View Post
    Youtubers found the missing girl in Prosser lake. Sad end to this story.
    Weird they couldn't find her sooner. Looks like the car was found in a straight line out from the road that would have been the first turn into the lake, less than a thousand feet from the party. It's a well mapped sandy bottom reservoir. It's hard to believe a half serious dive effort wouldn't have found her. Of course, she was dead long before anyone considered she was missing so it wouldn't have made too much difference. Thought our resources were better though.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powpig View Post
    I feel sorry for the folks who live on Beaver or up in the Grid, gonna be a total shitshow when they put in the roundabout at the bottom of 267.
    It already backs up past Tiger with the stoplight. The roundabout is going to keep things flowing. They should have done a roundabout at 267 and Fox (the ends of the KB core) instead of the two that are only a block apart in the middle of town. National Ave should be a roundabout. So should the Northstar light and the Brockway/89 intersection, not to mention the 80/89 interchange. Keep that shit moving. Then make people sign up on an app in order to open the gates into the grid. The app connects to your car and limits you to 15mph.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Weird they couldn't find her sooner. Looks like the car was found in a straight line out from the road that would have been the first turn into the lake, less than a thousand feet from the party. It's a well mapped sandy bottom reservoir. It's hard to believe a half serious dive effort wouldn't have found her. Of course, she was dead long before anyone considered she was missing so it wouldn't have made too much difference. Thought our resources were better though.
    You can't say that these guys would have had the same result if not for all the other volunteers and LEO hours put into tracking down all other possibilities. It's a total team effort, regardless of who actually found the body. That said, this team did have some specialized equipment. There's a newser at 9. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF0QFhv2Cu0

Lots of talk about the search. Hearing a lot less about how to keep kids safe when they party.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

They are just going live to say they found her car and there were remains inside. No other details.

https://www.moonshineink.com/tahoe-n...ified-remains/

55 feet out in the the reservoir. What strikes me as odd is how no one noticed or heard anything with a few hundred people nearby? I guess the noise of the party / chatter.

Just to add, this is among the most positive threads on TGR and plenty of us are friends of friends with both the family, SAR, LEO and others involved in the community. Let’s keep this thread on the right track.

—Jess

I feel like everyone is keeping it positive around here (positive for horrible news, mind you). Are they still considering foul play or is it assumed to be an accident at this point?

https://www.sierrasun.com/news/law-e...h-body-inside/
    Apparently the area where the car was found was searched. The group that found her sounds like it has special expertise in finding submerged cars and people and maybe better equipment and is called in when searches by local people are unsuccessful. https://www.moonshineink.com/tahoe-n...ified-remains/
    I feel uncomfortable with the idea of youtube videos of the search. I understand that this is a nonprofit that has to raise funds to operate, there's a fine line between legitimate self promotion to raise money and excess self promotion in a tragedy. I haven't tried to watch any videos of this so quite possibly I'm FOS, or just old.

How incredibly sad. It toxicology is positive I hope we never hear about it.