Page 115 of 126 FirstFirst ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,875 of 3140
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I feel like everyone is keeping it positive around here (positive for horrible news, mind you). Are they still considering foul play or is it assumed to be an accident at this point?
    Hey TahoeJ….just a super awful story and yes, our Tahoe Group on this thread has been keeping it positive. Let’s keep it that way. No call out at all.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    https://www.sierrasun.com/news/law-e...h-body-inside/
    Apparently the area where the car was found was searched. The group that found her sounds like it has special expertise in finding submerged cars and people and maybe better equipment and is called in when searches by local people are unsuccessful. https://www.moonshineink.com/tahoe-n...ified-remains/
    I feel uncomfortable with the idea of youtube videos of the search. I understand that this is a nonprofit that has to raise funds to operate, there's a fine line between legitimate self promotion to raise money and excess self promotion in a tragedy. I haven't tried to watch any videos of this so quite possibly I'm FOS, or just old.

How incredibly sad. It toxicology is positive I hope we never hear about it.
    Agree with OG and it is none of our business.

Yep.

Hope everyone is having a great summer and enjoying the fresh smoke free air “knock on wood” man we were in a world of shit this time last year.

Last Sunday I traveled though Sierra at Tahoe as it’s the only day you can do it due to all the heavy machinery logging out all the dead trees. Sure starting to look a lot different!

Looking out towards west bowl
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E9C50540-5F74-4927-8256-B31C84C0BC8C.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	904.2 KB 
ID:	424915

Name:	E8EA6C8E-0716-4E8B-A272-1BCC24291B7A.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	889.1 KB 
ID:	424916

Name:	0D8A42BB-6057-4F0F-AB39-6EC04D189018.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	944.6 KB 
ID:	424917

Back in April once the forest reopened I skied most of the runs over the course of a few days so I could have a memory of what it looked like before all the trees came down, even though they were dead

Here is a run from my first day back in April

Got any pics looking at avalanche bowl? Every time I drive 50 I look up at west bowl. It’s been tough watching the trees come down.

22 Blue - Looking ahead to the New (aka Fuck Summer (aka Tahoe Thread))

Drove Mormon emigrant trail last week for work. Had lunch at kirkwood. Stopped at a couple of friends places (or former places?). They weren’t home. I haven’t been in the 50/88 area in 15 years. I took a few photos of the devastation along Mormon emigrant trail. Wild to see.

Name:	IMG_8552.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	708.5 KB 
ID:	424940
    Last edited by bodywhomper; 08-28-2022 at 09:55 PM.

Gman is offline Mack Master William Large
    Question for the tahoe mags, wondering if any of y’all have recommendations for a plumber. Everyone is crazy busy or just doesn’t respond. Need someone to run about 40 feet of gas line from one building to another.

Which part of tahoe? My neighbor need to run new water lines and an neighbor that does excavation did it rather than a plumber.

Anyone check out the parking lot sale at California Ski Co (Bezerkely) this weekend? Wondering what they have that might entice me over the bridge

Quote Originally Posted by South tahoe skier View Post
    Got any pics looking at avalanche bowl? Every time I drive 50 I look up at west bowl. It’s been tough watching the trees come down.
    I don’t, I rode though today but didn’t take any pics, if I remember right all the trees burned in Avy, so there won’t be any when they reopen, probably be two weeks before I’m back up there I’ll take a pic

I can't remember...

Does anyone have any post fire pics of the Strawberry/Lover's Leap area.

RIP to an OV homie who I spent many a day with at the Resort Formerly Known As. Super bummed. Fucking 89. Box truck drifted over the double yellow lines into oncoming traffic. Hug yer people and drive safe.

Do any of you Keyboard Warrior Road Safety Experts know why there aren't milled rumble strips on the centerline on 89? People die in head-on collisions a lot on that road. I don't think it's a snow//ice thing as Glenshire Drive has recessed centerlines. More than you ever wanted to know about rumble strips. https://safety.fhwa.dot.gov/roadway_...trips/t504039/

From the horrific to the sublime - I was in OV yesterday, and the lift tower forms for Red Dog were just poured this week. Towers next month?

Still no rope on the Base to KT gondola.

Lotta work to do still for august 29...
    sproing!

Vibes to you and your SV amigo & friends.

No idea on the 89 thing.

Sorry about your friend meter man.
    I've never seen a center line rumble strip. A shoulder rumble strip might have saved the bike rider killed by a distracted driver on 89 a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Sorry about your friend meter man.
    I've never seen a center line rumble strip. A shoulder rumble strip might have saved the bike rider killed by a distracted driver on 89 a few years ago.
    Just drove 267 to KB. There's a center line rumble strip from the Truckee airport all the way over Brockway.

They look like this: https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C...bih=1329&dpr=1

Anyway... psyched to see the progress at S@T. Amazing. I will be curious to see some before/after photos once there is a snowpack.
    sproing!

Gman is offline Mack Master William Large
    Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Which part of tahoe? My neighbor need to run new water lines and an neighbor that does excavation did it rather than a plumber.
    King's beach area I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Just drove 267 to KB. There's a center line rumble strip from the Truckee airport all the way over Brockway.

They look like this: https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C...bih=1329&dpr=1

good to know, thanks.

113 F today, 115 F tomorrow in Suckramento. Might explain the hordes of tourists up here eh.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

If thursday hits 100 degrees in reno it will be the eighth hundred degree day in September this year. Before 2022 there have been eight 100+ degree days in September, total, in all the years of record keeping.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

It's almost like the tourons are completely ignoring the "No Right Turn onto 50" signs posted everywhere on LT Blvd and N Upper Truckee. N Upper Truckee is now backed up and stopped for 3/4 of a mile and into the neighborhoods. Not sure what the cops do in this case. If they prevent them from turning right then they have to turn left across non stop traffic which backs it up even worse (or turn them around where there is no place to do so). If they stop traffic to let them turn left then the roundabout will get fucked even worse from both sides.

edit-and now theres a crash in one of the north upper truckee neighborhoods.
    edit- make that 2 accidents according to google maps
    Last edited by powdork; 09-05-2022 at 01:23 PM.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

☆Cool☆
    Comet TV (local antennae) are showing ALL of the *Firefly* TV series today. Starting now. Worth staying indoors for.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Ha ... I'm actually pleased to be down in the Valley where it just hit 100 by Noon because it's so empty and quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    It's almost like the tourons are completely ignoring the "No Right Turn onto 50" signs posted everywhere on LT Blvd and N Upper Truckee. N Upper Truckee is now backed up and stopped for 3/4 of a mile and into the neighborhoods. Not sure what the cops do in this case. If they prevent them from turning right then they have to turn left across non stop traffic which backs it up even worse (or turn them around where there is no place to do so). If they stop traffic to let them turn left then the roundabout will get fucked even worse from both sides.

edit-and now theres a crash in one of the north upper truckee neighborhoods.
    edit- make that 2 accidents according to google maps
    Sue drove home this morning on north upper, called saying how backup it was. Then later called and said police were stopping traffic on 50 to let groups of cars make lefts onto 50 (no rights) so it is being enforced today.
    Last edited by TahoeBC; 09-05-2022 at 04:13 PM.