Page 65 of 126 FirstFirst ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 3140
    Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    It'll be dry even longer if you keep talking about it.

It's worth reposting this study about how we are in the climate future of fewer and more extreme storms.

https://newsroom.ucla.edu/releases/c...ure-ucla-study
    Forgot we have to talk about STRs and awful Tahoe traffic here and talking about the weather is forbidden.

I read most Swain studies. Whiplash is upon us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    They did.
    More dad turns at the Yellowstone Club
    Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I was at Rose last Saturday, the 22nd for my daughters ski race on the Slide side. First time I have ever skied Rose...which is crazy but true. Groomers were tasty. Had to explore the Chutes and most were accessible except El Cap & Saddle from the top. I was able to traverse and explore the zone and actually found some decent semi-pow steeps. I was pleasantly surprised and had an awesome day given our current snow conditions.

Carved up Alpine today. Was nice on the groomers and everything off-piste looked completely unappetizing. East wind still blowing so it's all stripped, whether it was chalk or ice cubes.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Quote Originally Posted by TheK12 View Post
    How has Alpine been skiing? Is it groomers only conditions or is their chalk to be found.
    It sort of depends. There are nice pockets but also some truly shit fuck conditions where the wind had its way. Choose carefully.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Can we get back to traffic talk, when does the truckee to olympic valley traffic mellow on a Saturday morning during dry January? What about TC to truckee traffic in the afternoon/evening?

Can anybody help me understand how ice skate boot sizing for adults? Would love to find some used skates for the adults in my household. Is the sizing kinda brand dependent?

Cheers

Well if it never snows again there won't be any crowds, so I guess we have that going for us?

Seriously though, February 10th... the high is 51 degrees. Fuck. BTW - you can't "jinx" dry weather, only storms.

https://www.sfgate.com/renotahoe/art...s-16806686.php

If you are a Placer County resident and homeowner in Tahoe - and are against growth of short term rentals due to impact on housing, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Can we get back to traffic talk, when does the truckee to olympic valley traffic mellow on a Saturday morning during dry January? What about TC to truckee traffic in the afternoon/evening?

Can anybody help me understand how ice skate boot sizing for adults? Would love to find some used skates for the adults in my household. Is the sizing kinda brand dependent?

Cheers
    Ice skate sizing is like ski boots and climbing shoes. Performance fit vs. comfort fit. And ultra thin sox for performance. If you want to do casual skating you could size like shoes. I hesitate to give numbers because the last time I bought skates was over 50 years ago and I don't remember what size skates I played hockey in.

East windy today. Ice pellets about shredded my face off on Wolverine Saddle. The patroller who was assigned to flip down chair seats on Summit did not look happy to be there.

22 Blue - Looking ahead to the New (aka Fuck Summer (aka Tahoe Thread))

Went for a short skin to an old favorite zone above my old hood. The swing is fine. It doesn’t look like fire touched the giant tree it hangs from but it seems dead any way. Unless green needles will come back next year
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3F970E3F-7BA6-44B2-9CF5-53535BE33E4E.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	828.0 KB 
ID:	403174
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Went for a short skin to an old favorite zone above my old hood. The swing is fine. It doesn’t look like fire touched the giant tree it hangs from but it seems dead any way. Unless green needles will come back next year
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3F970E3F-7BA6-44B2-9CF5-53535BE33E4E.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	828.0 KB 
ID:	403174
    Oh damn. Used to go up there with the kids and dogs all the time.
    "Holy Cow!" someone exclaimed from the back of the stationwagon.

The winter chalk has been explosive and plentiful at The Olympic Resort at Alterra Palisades Meadows upon Lake Tahoe. So much good skiing out there to be had. The cardinal aspect runs were firing the last couple days, along with Enchanted Forest, Hourglass, Three Trees, and the Lady.

Sadly, the firm smooth surfaces have also created serious slide-for-life conditions. At least two fatalities this week at The Resort due to falls that I can confirm, and I am sure there were probably more. Constant stream of CareFlights and EMS going in and out of the Valley.

Anda con cuidado, 'migos!
    sproing!

^^ Holy shit. I guess I shouldn't be surprised because there have definitely been a few times this week where I found myself dialing it back because a crash and slide would have been scary, but still. Yikes. I did see the ambulance the other day at O-Valley. :-(

Heard on the lift yesterday about one of those crashes -in Scott chute. Slid the whole way down and bloodied the slope. Coded twice but is still alive, they said. Prayers up for somebuddy that's still got shit to do in this lifetime.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

22 Blue - Looking ahead to the New (aka Fuck Summer (aka Tahoe Thread))

STRs need to be heavily regulated. Same with taxis that pretend they're not taxis because they operate a dispatch platform and put a $200 million independent contractor fig leaf over their employees.

"The Olympic Resort at Alterra Palisades Meadows upon Lake Tahoe" - perfect!!!!

Guess conditions are bad/good enough that on the IG today there was a message from the resort at Olympic Valley that "off piste terrain is not where you want to be when hardpack conditions exist". Not even an attempt at putting a marketing spin on things. The best they could do was to say "follow the sun" and "stay on groomers".

Anyway... thanks all for the conditions reports!
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

I encourage people to do the online survey for Truckee. Unlike Placer County, Truckee's "committee" (mostly made up of people from the real estate/str community) is not currently considering any limit on the number of nights STR's can be rented. The only thing they are considering is a cap on further certificates (ie doing away with the current moratorium), no STR's in multifamily housing (of which currently there is little and most of which is unappealing as STR's) and a waiting period after a property sells to STR it). In other words nothing that will ease the impact of current STR's on either the long term rental and own to live in it markets and nothing that will ease the impact on neighbors.

Town Council has opted out of the process. The process is driven by town staff, who appointed the "committee", with the clear intent of maximizing transient occupancy tax revenue at the expense of the community. In the end town staff will present an ordinance to the council which will rubber stamp it unless the community let's them know how it feels.

https://www.townoftruckee.com/govern...mmunity-survey

Ugh, don't like to hear about accidents...

I'm around tomorrow with my DIN cranked to 69.

Traffic report from a friend right now:

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    Traffic report from a friend right now:

From the Lincoln chair at Sugar Bowl.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Sunny granular cruising at Alpine today. Heading to the giant redwoods and Ocean in route to Shasta.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Shit. I need a job where I don’t need to work weekdays. But also not weekends, cause I need them off to ski with the kids. Basically, I need to not need a job…

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Can verify. SB was pretty sleepy this morning. Groomers were skiing very well. Off the groomers…not so much.

I hate to be discussing the condition of the groomers, but AM is doing a particularly good job tilling.