Page 70 of 126 FirstFirst ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 3140
    Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    This is page 69...heh heh

I'm at Alpine Shreadows for my daughters ski race on Saturday and PTOV on Sunday if anyone is around to lay down an edge in some firm snow.
    I’ll be around but will be showing some flatlanders around.

Quote Originally Posted by NakedShorts View Post
    One may assume then that you have never been to Accuweather.com then. They break that shit down to the minute if you really want.

https://weatherstreet.com/states/gfs...y-forecast.htm - GFS

WebCams and SnoTel sites

and the 10 day Wunderground (Must be less than 32* to snow.)

Less BS and Fluff.
    But you gotta take the time to learn the specifics of each. For instance Kirkwoods snowstake is useless and webcams only ok. Heavenly's are both great but for the banana belt. Carson pass snotel is worthless but others are great. Ski resort weather stations (ie, weather.kirkwood.com) for wind direction, freezing levels, and all other kinds of info (especially if you want to make snow).
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Rode both Olympasades and Alpine Meadows today. It's just incredible how well north faces are skiing with edgeable winterness on them. It's all thanks to the groomers even though certain off-piste areas are also reliably bitey. South faces that stayed sunny into the afternoon were fantastic after, uh, noon. I think Tahoe is also going to have some super strong mogul skiers by the time it snows again.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

^so many questions
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

^ most of all, what supplies were they running low on? Food? Weed? Condoms? I hope it was gas for their snowmobiles.

Sudafed

Speaking of Sierra county, anybody been up to the buttes? Road status to the sardine lakes?

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    ^ most of all, what supplies were they running low on? Food? Weed? Condoms? I hope it was gas for their snowmobiles.
    Needed more rope and lube

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Sudafed
    Well geez, why didn't CHP just helicopter in more precursors for them?

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Oh you're thinking a kinky version of a Stephen King novel

I didn't realize rope was a consumable

Maybe that's how you roll in SF but not in Sierra County.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Maybe that's how you roll in SF but not in Sierra County.
    Nah. Both places have kinky folx. The only difference is Sierra county is more repressed.

Quote Originally Posted by NakedShorts View Post
    One may assume then that you have never been to Accuweather.com then. They break that shit down to the minute if you really want.

https://weatherstreet.com/states/gfs...y-forecast.htm - GFS

WebCams and SnoTel sites

and the 10 day Wunderground (Must be less than 32* to snow.)

Less BS and Fluff.
    I just run my own runs of the GFS and Euro. Sometimes I’ll look at Canadian or ICON too. Then when storm is approaching I used the NAM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In case anyone is wondering, Mammoth is skiing much better than Tahoe right now. Nice and chalky. Worth the drive IMO.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Some worthy solar shredding to be had out there now that the east wind has backed off. My new pup still has a ways to go to be a good ski dog
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1644119967.110248.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	1.70 MB 
ID:	404637
    Yesterday snow was good after 12 on old reliable so I got my papers in order and traveled north of the emerald curtain

Name:	Image1644120077.715210.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	404638Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1644120107.066650.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	404639Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1644120131.935284.jpg 
Views:	129 
ID:	404640
    Party wave!!!

Name:	Image1644120223.842067.jpg 
Views:	133 
ID:	404641

Name:	Image1644120288.774758.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	404642

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Regarding the Sierra County "rescue"...those people are frequent fliers. This is not the first time this has happened. Your tax dollars at waste...
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com

Offering up BC skis and boots for sale. My friend can't get her inflexible foot into them anymore so selling until she can find a not that works -or switches to splitboarding.

165 Rossignol S80, TLT Vertical ST, 92mm brakes, BD orange skins. No core shots. Good bases. All-mountain ski that made her instantly a better skier and handles all non-pow conditions confidently. $200 for mags

172 Voilé Drifter, TLT original, BD orange skins. Still an absolutely kraken pow ski. No core shots. Good bases. The loop on the toe piece is for pulling them into tour lock. $300

25.5 TLT5 boot. Molded and probably missing footbeds. Tongues included. Power straps need new Velcro. $50?

No shipping. Local pickup only.

^^^
    Without trying to sound like a know it all, but those boots shouldn't be a problem for anyone to put on or take off as they are a three piece boot. She is probably trying to wrestle them on with the external tongue attached. She should remove the external tongue as it just slides into the toe and for touring just leave them in her pack. Maybe slide them in after boot is on if she needs extra power or maybe resort and remove before exiting the boot. Easy. That is a nice setup for a gal and thousands to replace for something that is maybe not much better...........

Steep groomers and chalky Wall stuff at Kirkwood today. It's still fun, but bring your sharp edges.

Name:	B81EF018-9C2F-4FAB-9E17-150BECBC76FD.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	782.0 KB 
ID:	404738

Name:	E0EFC963-978D-497B-855C-63B17E06FCCA.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	543.8 KB 
ID:	404739
    "Holy Cow!" someone exclaimed from the back of the stationwagon.

^^^^^^^^
    That’s not bad for 5 weeks without any new snow

I saw news that Sierra County and others fished a corpse out of Stampede wearing ice skates.
    Vibes
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    ^^^^^^^^
    That’s not bad for 5 weeks without any new snow

I saw news that Sierra County and others fished a corpse out of Stampede wearing ice skates.
    Vibes
    Yeah, that's a little spooky after having a grand old time in Boca the same day.

Props to the guys who were safety leaders with their beer pong in the shade by the outlet.

A terrible event at stampede, 6 went through, 5 were rescued out.
    But...
    Stampede hadn't completely frozen over all winter, large swaths of open water.

Boca has been thick and skateable for weeks...

But warming temps and longer daylight will erode the great skating of Boca I'd imagine.

22 Blue - Looking ahead to the New (aka Fuck Summer (aka Tahoe Thread))

I was also at Boca yesterday. The fb forums are pretty lit up. One of the people involved makes money somehow around skating on alpine lakes. She’s posted on the truckee Tahoe Ice skating fb page with some info. Currently, it’s hard not to consider heuristic traps. I got interviewed by tv news, which will likely not air. The newsman had incorrect information about the incident, he told me that the incident occurred at the upstream end of Boca.

Tragic.