Page 37 of 126 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Kind of always assumed you were around TD hence that early season (or high advisory) beta for Sunrise. Which, how is it? Heading back up as soon as it’s not stupid to drive.
    I have not hit SRB yet.
    When I hiked around that area back on 12/5 everything was bulletproof and thin or burnt out.
    Even though it is low angle, that area still slides from time to time.
    Plus the thought of skiing pow-on-ow/nice-on-ice wasn't terribly motivating to me.
    Additionally, I was unwilling to shovel my drive this past S/M/T and the plow folks didn't show up until 3pm Tues afternoon, so I didn't leave my house those days.
    Based on the similar degree slopes I skied at NS yesterday, methinks SRB with be thick and slow with straightlining being the main tactic.
    Also I would be skeptical of the coverage given the amount of manzanita up there creating potential airpockets.
    I also figured getting up to SRB would be a chore since that section of T/D doesn't often get plowed during heavy storms.
    Then again, I could be totally off.
    Talked to a Ski Slope resident yesterday on the Vista lift at NS and he said people were out there first thing Monday (he, too, was unable to get out of his house due to unavailability of plowers, so he hadnt hit it).
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Country Club day at Sugar Bowl today. Pass holders only and about a foot of smooth cream cheese. Ski on chairs and good times! Disney pops tomorrow.

Great conditions at PT OV side today. Line at red dog was maybe 10 min. Long enough to stay away considering far east still had fresh and no line. Exe popped around 11 and that was great also. This weekend is going to be a shit show, or your money back.

Not the blower we had after the last storm, wind definitely packed it down but I’m not complaining! Coverage around Tahoe is great for this time of year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^^^^^******
    Very nice. Motivational post for me
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

I’ll take this consistent cream cheese all day over straightlining hippy hopping deep blower in terrain under 30 degrees……..some of my favorite runs of the year today++++

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    I’ll take this consistent cream cheese all day over straightlining hippy hopping deep blower in terrain under 30 degrees……..some of my favorite runs of the year today++++
    Agreed, but the bar wasn't super high for me anyway.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

THANKS FOR CALLLLLLING KIRKWOOD!

Good times w Clack, hardrider, hard rider jr and lph!

Total Kirkwood 2003 time travel powder day.

Hooked up with whatsupdoc and somethingclever for a few resort turns
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

22 Blue - Looking ahead to the New (aka Fuck Summer (aka Tahoe Thread))

QUOTE=gimpy;6486427]I’ll take this consistent cream cheese all day over straightlining hippy hopping deep blower in terrain under 30 degrees……..some of my favorite runs of the year today++++[/QUOTE]

I rate yesterday turns my favorite of the year, no ski pics but it was Heavenly

Just finished transitioning yesterday on my first skin of the year as dawn was breaking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 Blue - Looking ahead to the New (aka Fuck Summer (aka Tahoe Thread))

I had a pretty outstanding day at Homewood. Yeah, it wasn’t blower; but mashing fresh turns all day long, about a week after the place was bare ground, holy shit, no complaint from me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3970.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	397044

Name:	IMG_3971.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	844.1 KB 
ID:	397045

They were running the north lot base lift, and the backside quad. Not many people.

I never felt like something kind of wanted to slide, but I couldn’t help but notice that there’s drier looser snow underneath the fresh foot or so. Even late in the day, I could sink my ski pole straight down to the grip without a lot of resistance. And it felt slabby in some areas.

Name:	IMG_3966.JPG 
Views:	156 
Size:	328.3 KB 
ID:	397046

Good stuff, and the right day to give these old puppies some love…

Name:	IMG_3969.JPG 
Views:	164 
Size:	261.3 KB 
ID:	397047

I thought I had a Supu sighting. An orange camo blur on a pair of comis.

Best day in over two years for me. No kid and jumped off a ton of shit. Laid the first track down the ski school and the nostril. 10 was closed but the nose was open. Exceeded expectations.

And it was like 2003. No one there. Arrived at 8:38 and parked in pole position off 6 and barely needed to adjust their cones for them.

In other news, Mammoth is 100% open.

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    Erry damn time imo. It's especially true when there isn't an established base.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Road report:
    For those not in their cars already- If you left Truckee at 7:30 this am, by 8:30 on your "voyage of discovery" you'd be gazing longingly at the landfill turnoff...
    "if you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind..."

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post

And it was like 2003. No one there. Arrived at 8:38 and parked in pole position off 6 and barely needed to adjust their cones for them.

In other news, Mammoth is 100% open.
    Surprised at the small crowds. Hopefully the new normal. This weekend could be a tell on the season.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    This weekend could be a tell on the season.
    I think hard to, er, tell at this point. Heavenly, for example, has been slammed, but that’s with access through Cal base only, and limited terrain (no Sky Chair even yet). Full parking lot plus Ski Run parking packed as well by mid-morning. Especially with the weather forecast that will almost certainly continue through New Years, even if they do open the Nevada side. (Staffing issue?)

Otherwise suspect the usual pattern will prevail: Resort skiing reasonable for locals on weekdays, (Friday’s possibly considered weekend), outside the holiday periods, otherwise maybe first or last hour skiing, or break out the cross country gear, (plenty of options there now), or BC for those who knows before they goes.

There’s snow on them thar hills - it’s all good.

Yeah, good crowd at wood today. Tomorrow be crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Lol. Metzler move!

Still no power at my place after 4+ days. I guess there was some pretty extreme damage to the supply lines coming through Carpenter Valley (probably difficult access for repair). Oh well, mostly looking forward to skiing next week anyway. Looks nice out there though! Keep the pics coming.
    Last edited by TahoeJ; 12-17-2021 at 03:02 PM.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    That’s a sweet off-the-couch line to ski!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Word. Bravo. I'd be curious what the earliest dates all the various lines on Tram Face have been skied.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Name:	Image1639781607.766691.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	397126

I much prefer the March 1, 2019 version. Seems a bit more accessible.

I doubt first times / dates have been logged considering.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Well, yeah. Nobody is going to own up to it publicly and so there's no "official" way to be sure. But the point still stands--this is early for Tram Face and I wonder if it's been skied earlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerome View Post
    That’s a sweet off-the-couch line to ski!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    No doubt. Ballsy.