Page 19 of 126 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    What a shocker!
    I think he specifically meant seasonal rentals. Besides, it's his first post. Don't we usually cut newbies slack?
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Ruff. I'm sad to hear about your loss. That's a big hole in the gear closet and just a sucky violation. I wonder if they just saw a pack and grabbed it or if they knew it was an airbag. Are you alright for gear? I have a spare airbag but it's in Colorado right now and won't have it for a few weeks.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Fer sale: brand new Marmot women's warmest glove, size L. Didn't fit my sweetie. Bought at discount and can't return. Just trying to get back what I paid or something like it. $50

Barely used, never molded intuition pro wrap size 28. Shoulda got 29. $30

All prices local pickup north Tahoe. Willing to ship for cost.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    Ruff. I'm sad to hear about your loss. That's a big hole in the gear closet and just a sucky violation. I wonder if they just saw a pack and grabbed it or if they knew it was an airbag. Are you alright for gear? I have a spare airbag but it's in Colorado right now and won't have it for a few weeks.
    Thanks for the offers, guys. Borrowing shovel and probe from a buddy and will order another. Fortunately not paying retail for that kind of stuff

Dookey - thanks but my head is too big

Avy bag is for sure a loss - they left a pair of touring skis and skins in the truck so pretty sure it was a crime of opportunity / they just walked off w/ a bag and didn't want to be seen walking around with skis etc

Did they break a window to get in the cab?

Thieves suck.

With any luck the thief doesn't know it's an airbag and will trigger it in some inconvenient place. Riding a bike woud be good. "I wonder what this pull handle does." Almost like those exploding dye packs banks put in with the money when they get robbed.

Any reports from elevation today? Rain at 7.7k started at midnight last night n never let up but temps out towRds kwood looked ok

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Anybody want a pair of 188 Praxis FRS, stock layup/flex? Would rather sell locally. Used 4 days, pretty dang minty. Mounted once for Pivots at rec for 327 bsl. $350.

PM me if you want em.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20211109_034933607.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	392179

Name:	PXL_20211109_034904265.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	392180

As penance, here are some berms I helped shape for your schralping enjoyment. The dirt is ridiculously good right now. Get some!

Name:	PXL_20211105_215926261.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	2.39 MB 
ID:	392181

Name:	PXL_20211105_221641153.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	2.53 MB 
ID:	392182
    sproing!

Where is this? I've been riding in Nevada city, pretty good.

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    Any reports from elevation today? Rain at 7.7k started at midnight last night n never let up but temps out towRds kwood looked ok

Short tour at Carson Pass; ~4" of very wet snow over a layer of slush. Followed someone's skin track to EB shoulder and they had dug a pit. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3822.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	727.1 KB 
ID:	392184Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3824.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	392185

I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Yes, and? You noting the natural?

no just posting the obs

Yes, and? You noting the natural?
    The pit that was mentioned in above posts!

yeah there’s that too

and just general obs

seems like this is the place to share information eh?

Stoke and kvetch only! JONG

go fuck yourself

No data to update since the Monday/Tuesday snow/rain event, but a counter-clockwise circumnavigation of Castle Pk., on Sunday starting from the Castle Valley trailhead had the prior week's mank frozen and locked-up solid. The upper reaches of Prosser Creek on the north side were holding 1.5 + feet with maybe an inch or two on top from the Saturday evening precipitation making for a snow covered mud and rock free zone of fun early season linked turns. Getting there from the south flank required a positive attitude and a few carries below 7,600 ft. The snow in nw trees off the side of Castle down to Round Valley was likewise frozen with Saturday's inch on top for pushing around with no rocks encountered. The top flank of Andesite just south of the Castle Pass was also covered and locked up for a few turns down to the road, but I didn't go too far over as anything on the hill below 7,600 ft or getting more southern exposure appeared cooked. The road itself was a muddy mess further down from a series of selfish jeepers and pick-ups driving around the gate at the trailhead.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    go fuck yourself

LOL it just wasn't clear what you were trying to add to the convo. That natural slide is sort of a good sign in that the snow is not entirely rain-soaked frozen reef.

Two interesting reports on SAC today about very weak snowpack at Kirkwood which is at variance from Castle Pk report of 1F to K hardness all the way down (and EBack report from above). Can anybuddy verify the Thunder conditions? Other than the 5cm thick pencil-hardness rain crust, it looks like pretty good skiing!

Two interesting reports on SAC today about very weak snowpack at Kirkwood which is at variance from Castle Pk
    two? I'm just seeing the one you posted. I'm guessing it's getting skied. I got a bit scared off today by all the talk of rain during most of the day yesterday but tomorrow should be better with some light on the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by shakyknees View Post
    Short tour at Carson Pass; ~4" of very wet snow over a layer of slush. Followed someone's skin track to EB shoulder and they had dug a pit. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3822.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	727.1 KB 
ID:	392184Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3824.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	392185
    Was there sugar at the bottom? And it looks like the block collapsed?

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

Crusty on all aspects up to and above 9.5k this morning around rose. Beautiful morning tho

Also adding two items to the list of ski shit stolen from me - a pair of 27.5 dynafit radical pro boots almost new and a 47 liter blue alpine threadworks Selkirk pack. Fuckers new what they were after - left a lot of other shit in my garage and truck. That pack is rare enough that if you see one just murder the guy on my behalf

Name:	IMG_1304.JPG 
Views:	146 
Size:	206.2 KB 
ID:	392323

Name:	81BE18A2-5D60-46AA-8983-68101D4F2014.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	273.8 KB 
ID:	392328
    Looking out over the lake from MRH this morning.

Great news. The next forest order change (in the next several days) will reopen the snoparks, including Echo! There is still a question about Iron Mountain but the rest in this area should open. I did not hear if the sno park opening means access to Ralston, Becker, Talking etc would be allowed, but....

I only care about Iron Mountain because it’s a good place to bivy in the truck on the way to CP etc