Page 26 of 65 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
Results 626 to 650 of 1604
  1. #626
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Truckee, CA
    Posts
    7,411
    This starts 12/3 and runs through the 9th.

    Info:
    https://www.buriedfilm.com/

    Tix:
    https://tahoearthauscinema.com/show/...ows-avalanche/

    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

    http://www.blizzardsportusa.com/

  2. #627
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Eastside Til I Die
    Posts
    2,026
    Bummer, gonna miss it by one day. Been looking forward to this film, will have to catch it another time, but woulda been cool to see it on the local big screen.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

  3. #628
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    506
    Reduced Caldor Fire Closure reopens more of the Eldorado National Forest
    The Eldorado National Forest is issuing a reduced Caldor Fire Closure under Forest Order No. 03-21-21 allowing additional areas of the forest to reopen beginning Thursday, December 2, 2021. The Caldor Fire is 100% contained and controlled, but it is still not completely out. Pockets of fuel will continue to smolder and other hazards are still present from fire-killed trees, damage to the roads and trails system, and potential water runoff, debris flows, landslides, and rock fall during the wet weather season.
    **See new closure order here: https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE...5WY7QSRARAfKHU
    “Fire recovery is a long process, but this reduced fire closure represents progress being made to mitigate some of the most urgent hazards”, said Forest Supervisor Jeff Marsolais. “As more hazard mitigation is completed and the weather becomes more favorable, I anticipate opening additional areas and ultimately lifting the fire closure entirely,” he added.
    The Caldor Fire Closure Order includes a map and a list of roads and trails within the closure area. Areas that will reopen include Wright’s Lake which can be accessed only via the Wrights Lake Tie Road (11N37 or Road 32). The southern portion of Wrights Lake Road remains closed to Highway 50. Also reopening are the Iron Mountain, Meiss and Echo Johnson Sno-parks.
    Several winter recreation special use permit sites including Adventure Mountain, Sierra-at-Tahoe and Kirkwood ski resort will open when their winter operating plans have been received and accepted. Please contact these sites for updates on their projected timing for opening this season.
    Mormon Emigrant Trail (Iron Mountain Road) remains closed but will be reevaluated for possible over the snow use later this winter.
    Visitors are urged to exercise caution as hazards created by the fire will persist and additional hazards are anticipated with upcoming wet winter conditions.
    The Forest Supervisor will continue to reassess the fire closure and will make adjustments and revisions as conditions allow.
    The following persons are exempt from the Caldor Fire Closure on the Eldorado National Forest:
    1. Any Federal, State, or local officer, or member of an organized rescue or fire-fighting
    force in the performance of an official duty.
    2. Persons with Forest Service Permit No. FS-7700-48 (Permit for Use of Roads, Trails, or Areas Restricted by Regulation or Order), specifically exempting them from this Order.
    3. Persons with a Federal Energy Regulatory Commission license or Forest Service special use authorization for an electric transmission line, an oil or gas pipeline, or a communications site may access their permit areas to conduct administrative functions to protect property and related assets.
    4. Commercial recreation special-use permit holders and their customers are not exempt from this Forest Order; however, commercial recreation special-use permit holders may access their permitted areas under the terms and conditions of their permits to conduct administrative functions and to protect property and related assets. Recreation residence permit holders are not exempt from this Order.
    5. Owners or lessees of land and residents of such private landholdings, to the extent necessary to access their land.
    For more information about the Eldorado National Forest, visit the forest website at www.fs.usda.gov/eldorado. Visitor information specialists are also available by phone from 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday:
    • Forest Supervisors’ Office – 530-303-2412
    • Georgetown Ranger District – 530-334-6477
    • Pacific / Placerville Ranger District – 530-644-2324
    • Amador Ranger District – 209-259-3774
    ###
    Bold is mine

  4. #629
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    the Low Sierra
    Posts
    14,929
    you guys aren’t sucking off BA enough
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

  5. #630
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    SLT
    Posts
    230
    California dreamin' . . . Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3875.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	395021

  6. #631
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    19,264
    Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    Fuck IP. Vaccines need to be made everywhere possible at full speed right now.
    No argument with that, but peer reviewed science journals are not big pharma--science publishing is a very expensive undertaking with a limited audience and the vast majority of scientists have access at no personal cost through their institutions.
    And covid is a special case. I could go on, but it doesn't have much to do with skiing--unless you break your leg skiing with Chinese made fake bindings.

  7. #632
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Da Norf Lake
    Posts
    2,103

    22 Blue - Looking ahead to the New (aka Fuck Summer (aka Tahoe Thread))

    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    No argument with that, but peer reviewed science journals are not big pharma--science publishing is a very expensive undertaking with a limited audience and the vast majority of scientists have access at no personal cost through their institutions.
    Nah. Fuck Bill Gates' IP too and just fund that science instead of putting it behind a paywall.

    Chinese made fake bindings.
    Has that been happening???
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

  8. #633
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    tahoe
    Posts
    3,384
    Dangit……been wanting to see that film but I’ll still be on my 10 days of isolation…….rona’d

  9. #634
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    156
    Me too =\

    Sent from my 5007Z using Tapatalk

  10. #635
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    14,874
    Seems to be abundant currently. Maybe there's enough of you to have a lepers only showing. Heal up. Motivated me to make my booster appointment.
    Last edited by powdork; 12-03-2021 at 04:04 PM.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

  11. #636
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Truckee, CA
    Posts
    7,411
    Poked around off of Donner Summit today.
    Found some decent swatches on a NWesterly aspect; best snow I skied this week.
    I hit it around 3pm and it was starting to set up, so guessing earlier in the day would have been almost-but-not-quite December corn...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5688.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	395128
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

    http://www.blizzardsportusa.com/

  12. #637
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Verdi NV
    Posts
    9,594
    Quote Originally Posted by dookeyXXX View Post
    This starts 12/3 and runs through the 9th.

    Info:
    https://www.buriedfilm.com/

    Tix:
    https://tahoearthauscinema.com/show/...ows-avalanche/

    They are sold out. A good thing
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

  13. #638
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    In rain shadow of the Sierra CC,NV
    Posts
    3,523
    ...and Hawaii gets a blizzard warning. What a season already.
    (It'd be funny if a brobrah was like "I'm off to HI, its gonna dump when I'm gone. You're welcome")

    Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

    ...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

  14. #639
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    453
    Speaking of weather...

    Thu, Dec 9, 2021 @ 12:00pm - 1:00pm

    Winter Predictions from the National Weather Service

    Join Chris Smallcomb (Warning Coordination Meteorologist, PIO) from the Reno office of the NOAA National Weather Service for a look into the latest projections for this coming winter. He'll also talk about the predictability of weather hazards including post-fire flooding, along with how the changing climate is impacting day to day weather forecasting.

    https://tahoe.ucdavis.edu/events/win...eather-service

  15. #640
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Da Norf Lake
    Posts
    2,103
    Found our snow. Stuck on a container ship waiting to unload. Thanks Buttiegieg!
    https://twitter.com/latimes/status/1...921754624?s=21
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

  16. #641
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,004

    22 Blue - Looking ahead to the New (aka Fuck Summer (aka Tahoe Thread))

    You know it’s bad when BA gets excited for 24 hour snowmaking in his forecast.

  17. #642
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Da Norf Lake
    Posts
    2,103

    22 Blue - Looking ahead to the New (aka Fuck Summer (aka Tahoe Thread))

    Also, let's be honest: this is going to be more and more normal going forward.

    https://www.latimes.com/california/s...hink?_amp=true
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

  18. #643
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    506
    Anybody got bets on who gets a WROD for next weekend with the colder temps theoretically coming?

  19. #644
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    156
    You can ski if you want to, you can leave your friends behind!
    The road up pole creek is still open, and drivable quite a ways up, probably to the saddle to deep creek if you have a vehicle that can do so. Otherwise most sedans can probably drive to the hut. Snow conditions could be described as shaved Ice. Good for self arrest practice. There are some isolated pockets of surface facets which are a pleasant treat. [/ATTACH]Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20211204_133612.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	869.8 KB 
ID:	395466Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20211204_133616.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	395467Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20211204_140952.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	1.90 MB 
ID:	395469Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20211204_135238.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	2.13 MB 
ID:	395470Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20211205_131752.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	395471Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20211205_134231.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	395472Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20211205_144752.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	395473

  20. #645
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    14,874
    Quote Originally Posted by davjr96 View Post
    Anybody got bets on who gets a WROD for next weekend with the colder temps theoretically coming?
    Heavenly sent emails to at least some of their bar employees on the Cali side telling them they would be open this weekend. This was as of Sunday night and pertained to Steins, Cali Bar and even Sky although we couldn't figure that one out but maybe they have enough there too. They have been focusing on the Patsy's zone with snowmaking and maybe that's possible since it's such a depression it may have it's own inversion.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

  21. #646
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Reno, eNVy
    Posts
    551
    Quote Originally Posted by fomofo View Post
    Speaking of weather...
    Thu, Dec 9, 2021 @ 12:00pm - 1:00pm
    Winter Predictions from the National Weather Service
    Join Chris Smallcomb (Warning Coordination Meteorologist, PIO) from the Reno office of the NOAA National Weather Service for a look into the latest projections for this coming winter. He'll also talk about the predictability of weather hazards including post-fire flooding, along with how the changing climate is impacting day to day weather forecasting.
    https://tahoe.ucdavis.edu/events/win...eather-service
    Smallcomb gets my vote for not only being informative, but quite funny and entertaining!

  22. #647
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Heavenly sent emails to at least some of their bar employees on the Cali side telling them they would be open this weekend. This was as of Sunday night and pertained to Steins, Cali Bar and even Sky although we couldn't figure that one out but maybe they have enough there too. They have been focusing on the Patsy's zone with snowmaking and maybe that's possible since it's such a depression it may have it's own inversion.
    great beta, thanks for sharing the rumors!

  23. #648
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Truckee, CA
    Posts
    7,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokomahonah View Post
    You can ski if you want to, you can leave your friends behind!
    The road up pole creek is still open, and drivable quite a ways up, probably to the saddle to deep creek if you have a vehicle that can do so. Otherwise most sedans can probably drive to the hut. Snow conditions could be described as shaved Ice. Good for self arrest practice. There are some isolated pockets of surface facets which are a pleasant treat. [/ATTACH]Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20211204_133612.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	869.8 KB 
ID:	395466Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20211204_133616.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	395467Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20211204_140952.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	1.90 MB 
ID:	395469Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20211204_135238.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	2.13 MB 
ID:	395470Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20211205_131752.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	395471Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20211205_134231.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	395472Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20211205_144752.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	395473
    Nice.
    Didn't even consider that these past weeks as I assumed the gate would be locked since USFS has already locked Castle Peak gate.
    Shaved ice is a nice description sounds similar to what I found on 431, Donner, and Sunrise Bowl last week.
    All those lines you posted I skied this past April and there were fun. Lottsa good stuff in that arena.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

    http://www.blizzardsportusa.com/

  24. #649
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Mountains, Trees, and a Big Blue Lake
    Posts
    514
    Quote Originally Posted by South tahoe skier View Post
    great beta, thanks for sharing the rumors!
    Maybe they are trying to pull a Sqaure Valley (open for a weekend and then close) so they can get some holiday bookings. Seems like they are fine opening shit terrain nowadays as long as they get their rooms filled for Santy Clause.

    https://unofficialnetworks.com/2021/...-city-4-hours/

    Unless they think they will be blowing while it is snowing no way they have enough snow to open, unless my point from above is true. Then all they really care about is perception.
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

  25. #650
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by dookeyXXX View Post
    Nice.
    Didn't even consider that these past weeks as I assumed the gate would be locked since USFS has already locked Castle Peak gate.
    Shaved ice is a nice description sounds similar to what I found on 431, Donner, and Sunrise Bowl last week.
    All those lines you posted I skied this past April and there were fun. Lottsa good stuff in that arena.
    The gate was closed for a few weeks, but had a soft reopening I guess you could say.
    I don't often ski in the Flat Top Pk. bowl mid season since it is so far down the road. It is a great spot for a hut tho. Plenty of short and sweet lines in that area with lots of exposure choice.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •