Page 109 of 126 FirstFirst ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,725 of 3140
    Snowing at Palisades Tahoe right now. I have friends staying there right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snowflakes falling in KB. Mother Nature is down with Fuck Summer.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Apparently a heart attack at the gym in Truckee with his son.

??
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Trying to reply to thread about TK

Oh shit. I assumed the smiley face reply under that was TK (but now i'm guessing that was a bot making it's first post).

Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Placer should expect a cease and desist letter from the IOC

It’s already been called that for many years…
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

All gates open in Blackwood Canyon. One chute still skiable!

in 95 I lived right alongside blackwood Creek and we went up and did 4th of July chute on the 4th of July that year.
    Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    It’s already been called that for many years…
    The road was not.
    https://www.placer.ca.gov/7830/Place...name-Squaw-fro

Psa…….Last day of praxis custom ski order//Monday 6/27//bomber skis made locally in Tahoe for a great price

Shoot. We nearly made it to July this season.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Sure are a lot of dead trees on Schallenberger Ridge on Donner Lake. The bark beetles have really taken off. I thought the winter was cold enough to knock them down but according to the fire inspector we talked to apparently not. A lot of our neighbors have a dead tree or two--good luck finding someone to cut it down and if they do it will cost a fortune. That's the problem with forest thinning and defensible space--not nearly enough people to do the work Keeping our fingers crossed about our trees.
    I've been averaging losing about 5 per year. Most are juvenile white fir. I just lost a big one this winter. Cyt it down kast week. I need to thin anyway and I do my tree work myself. I'd hate to think what it would cost to pay somebody to do this work.

There are a ton of dead standing everywhere in the Truckee corridor. I was under the impression that it was due to drought compromised trees inability to defend themselves.

The white fir mortality is happening everywhere in the central sierra apparently. Even areas near (but not in) the Angora burn that have been heavily thinned and is otherwise healthy forest. Areas that haven't been thinned with a lot of fir (like the west shore) are gonna be in for some trouble

The Rices fire spurred evacuation of the Mountain Bounty farm that delivers CSA boxes to Truckee and north lake so they weren't able to harvest or drop off this week. I'm not looking forward to the fire that starts in Meadow Vista and runs towards Blue Canyon, shutting down I80 for months.

Highway 50 currently closed in both directions due to melted big rig and vegetation fire. The vegetation fire doesn't seem serious. the big rig is gone.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	big-rig.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	524.7 KB 
ID:	420417

22 Blue - Looking ahead to the New (aka Fuck Summer (aka Tahoe Thread))

PCSO not fucking around…..

from Placer County Sheriff’s Office FB page

To anyone traveling up to North Lake Tahoe this weekend for the 4th of July festivities, there is an alcohol ban that is in effect beginning today, Friday, July 1st, through Wednesday, July 6th. The ban will be enforced on the Truckee River and consumption or possession of opened alcoholic containers on both sides of the river from Lake Tahoe to the Alpine Meadows Bridge is ILLEGAL. The ban extends three feet up from the river’s bank, including islands, rocks, and bridges. Additionally, alcohol is not permitted on Chambers Landing Public Beach on the West Shore (Highway 89, North of Tahoma).

We are increasing patrols on the lake and at Chambers Landing and will have foot and bike patrols enforcing the ban on the Truckee River.
    If you are caught in violation of the ban, you will be fined $150 for the first offense and up to $1000 for the third offense within the calendar year.
    Please remember to bring a life vest for yourself, and anyone else who will be in the water. Happy 4th of July weekend!
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

This sucks

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Highway 50 currently closed in both directions due to melted big rig and vegetation fire. The vegetation fire doesn't seem serious. the big rig is gone.

Yeah it probably melted through the road! Shit.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    PCSO not fucking around…..

from Placer County Sheriff’s Office FB page

To anyone traveling up to North Lake Tahoe this weekend for the 4th of July festivities, there is an alcohol ban that is in effect beginning today, Friday, July 1st, through Wednesday, July 6th. The ban will be enforced on the Truckee River and consumption or possession of opened alcoholic containers on both sides of the river from Lake Tahoe to the Alpine Meadows Bridge is ILLEGAL. The ban extends three feet up from the river’s bank, including islands, rocks, and bridges. Additionally, alcohol is not permitted on Chambers Landing Public Beach on the West Shore (Highway 89, North of Tahoma).

We are increasing patrols on the lake and at Chambers Landing and will have foot and bike patrols enforcing the ban on the Truckee River.
    If you are caught in violation of the ban, you will be fined $150 for the first offense and up to $1000 for the third offense within the calendar year.
    Please remember to bring a life vest for yourself, and anyone else who will be in the water. Happy 4th of July weekend!
    Pretty sure you can still drink beers from 21st Amendment brewery. If anyone gives you shit just tell them I said it was ok.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post

Got caught coming down 50 on that. Decided to take a leisurely drive around the West shore and then down on 80 ....... only to be blocked by yet another truck fire. Total elapsed time leaving CP to home: 8 hours. If I'd simply come down 88, pretty sure there would have been a truck fire.

Two women had to be rescued off of Tram Face. The article says they got lost hiking Shirley Canyon. Sounds a little dubious although I suppose it is possible to be that dumb. Maybe they were trying to climb the via ferrata route on their own. Or were they actually on Lemming Ridge. They are signs on the lower trail that warn people not to try to go up to High Camp from there, which suggests they were not the first to get in trouble there. A sign that says not to do something means do it to some people.
    https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article263128418.html