Page 60 of 126 FirstFirst ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 3140
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Edit: I was talking about SB.
    Ahh… in that case, what are the Academy kids drinking these days? They share?

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Ahh… in that case, what are the Academy kids drinking these days? They share?
    No... and and it's all Oxy and vaping nowadays--hell in a hand basket I say--how is Pabst brewing going to survive!?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mogul5480 View Post
    I don't disagree. Just would point out that a 6 AM start used to mean arrival at 9:30 parking right across from Timber Creek. After that first storm in December, I left at 530, arrived at 830, and eventually parked in the Loop Road lots after waiting for 20 mins of traffic pulling in. Used to be no one outside of this message board would have considered a 5 AM day trip. Now I have neighbors who barely ski talking about it. The whole sport has seen an influx of casual skiers in the past 2 years that I could really do without.
    If Vail did not own KW, few outside this message board would have a KW pass and bother driving up there. Of course that is tongue in cheek, but way more folks have pass access to KW than they did a decade ago.

22 Blue - Looking ahead to the New (aka Fuck Summer (aka Tahoe Thread))

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Still hasn’t been too crowded on the hill.
    Shut your dirty mouth! The lines have all been 60 minutes long. They get way less snow than every other Tahoe resort. And they charge for parking!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3867.JPG 
Views:	127 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	400771Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3866.JPG 
Views:	131 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	400772

Some creamy goodness had at low elevation today (5400-7200). SE faces were perfect at about 10-1030.

Mmmm. June-uary corn!

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    What does that translate to in terms of wait times for lifts? 2 minute, 5 minute, 10 minute lines?
    20-30? Idk. I don’t time the lifts lines. I grew up skiing slow lifts and prefer less people on the hill than in the lift line.

During the holidays, it was an hour and a half long wait in the morning to ride the gondola from the lot to the village. During the blackout period after Xmas, things got tracked out super fast, but the air show was spectacular.

Anybody else encounter the tinkling rain crust. I love sound.

Today in the O-Valley parking lot. This seems about what I might expect from David Lesh (just guessing based on the Vertika logo). Actually kinda cool.
    Did it have a Moment sticker on the other side? There was a similar vehicle at Mammoth early season that people claimed was affiliated with the Moment crew.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Rain and a bit of nothing at my house on Friday. OG buddy with Stage 4 cancer rolled up. We bailed on Rose-area touring plans, thinking it would be rain crust, wind-blown, and...I just wanted to blast out some laps with my ol pal going through a rough time.

The ski-commute sucked. What can I say? I have to remember --- I AM traffic.

After that, the weekend began in earnest. And holy crap did it exceed expectations!!

Untracked Beaver (who doesn't love untracked Beaver??) with coach

Attachment 400719

OG Buddy Chopper still has it of course

Attachment 400721

On to Untracked and Holy Primo Estelle - 8-10" of windloaded cold pow on a smooth surface. {Chopper's skis]

Attachment 400720

Posting video to TGR sucks. Instead, you get a shitty screengrab of a shitty video that began after the steeps. Ha!

Attachment 400722

Over to Untracked Buttress which nobody else skied that day, despite being in great shape. [shot taken at 2:00...]

Attachment 400723

After that....we stopped taking pictures because it was just so damn good. What a day. One of the best resort days I've had in a long time. Untracked all day - all the hardcores were skiing Silvy that day I guess....

Chopper approves -

Attachment 400724

Here's some more video (not mine): https://www.instagram.com/p/CYfdVuRFN2E/

Sunday was all about dogs, skiing with kids, and fitting in a couple Silvy / BA laps. When Palisquawpine opens wall-to-wall, holy crap that mountain is unreal!!

Attachment 400725

Attachment 400726

Attachment 400727

Fuck yeah skiing!

ETA: thanks Blaster, TBC, and gimpy for the stoke!
    Damn I miss Tahoe.

I would hazard a guess that if we thought about it objectively, there are still more days like this than terrible days. The bad days just seem to stand out more.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Coming your way (for real)!

Flying into Reno tonight, meeting the sellers of our van tomorrow morning, and hope to be done all the selling paperwork/test drive/etc by early afternoon. We'll be staying with friends in powdork's neighborhood near Meyers, staying until either Saturday or Sunday.

We're hoping to ski on the east side of the lake Thursday PM before heading to south lake. May ski the heav or something on the west side Friday, same thing again Saturday.

For the record I only have a comp ticket, not an epic pass

If anyone is around to grab an apres beer, wants to ski, etc we're interested!

And thank you for all the beta leading up to this trip, tahoe mags have been super helpful. Let me know when you come to wasangeles and I hope to return the favor!

Are you buying the van from a Nevada seller? If so and you need a movement permit for driving it home, the Nevada DMV in South Reno does movement permits without an appointment - but show up first thing, as in be in line when they open. Fee is $2 IIRC.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I woke up late on Saturday (7:30) and opened google maps for the drive to Palisades, watched the time go from 20 minutes to 45 minutes while making pancakes for my son, watched it go over an hour while walking the dog. By 9:30 when I had the kid dressed, I knew I’d never make it to lift served skiing, and told mini me we were switching it up and going sled skiing. We checked out a new area to me at little Truckee Summit.

Name:	IMG_4374.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	1.96 MB 
ID:	400817

Name:	IMG_4385.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	2.02 MB 
ID:	400818

We left at an appropriate time on Sunday morning for Palisades and skied all day. The kid is such a strong skier. And people were complaining about firm snow, but I thought it was chalky and good where we skied.

Name:	IMG_4414.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	2.07 MB 
ID:	400819

Next weekend we start Sky Kids, and he gets to ski with his ski buddies.

kid stoke is the best stoke.

Skied good pow day before yesterday, and figured we’d aim for corn yesterday…which we found on SE aspects above treeline at 11 am. The unexpected bonus was decent pow in a sheltered and shady gully below tree line.

Skiing every day since this whole thing started has been great but gonna mtb for a change of pace today since we have errands in CC.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Are you buying the van from a Nevada seller? If so and you need a movement permit for driving it home, the Nevada DMV in South Reno does movement permits without an appointment - but show up first thing, as in be in line when they open. Fee is $2 IIRC.
    the van has CA plates and owners, although they've recently moved to NV. I believe we should be OK to keep the plates on until we get back to SLC and go to the DMV here.

We're meeting in Reno at a branch of our bank that's doing our loan/for convenience with us not having a car until we complete the purchase.

Attachment 400742

Today in the O-Valley parking lot. This seems about what I might expect from David Lesh (just guessing based on the Vertika logo). Actually kinda cool.
    These guys are a crew from Fairbanks. Fuckn rippers. Meet them last season when they were living out of a 70s box van that the converted to stay and ski in Girdwood. Some of the nicest kids (20s) you'll meet. If you see them again tell them Hans says what's up, and that I have perfected my patented 90.

Sent from my SM-G715U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    If Vail did not own KW, few outside this message board would have a KW pass and bother driving up there. Of course that is tongue in cheek, but way more folks have pass access to KW than they did a decade ago.
    ^^^^ 100% this. <real font>

It's a good thing Vail's deep pocketbook has led to tremendous deployment of expansion capital expenditures since the purchase to help handle those crowds. Think of the 600 new beds, the restaurants that are totally open all the time, the fact that they converted chairs 2, 4, and 5 to detachable quads, and the new cheap power since connecting to the grid. <sarcasm font>
    No gnar was harmed in the writing of this post...

Quote Originally Posted by Yanos View Post
    These guys are a crew from Fairbanks. Fuckn rippers. Meet them last season when they were living out of a 70s box van that the converted to stay and ski in Girdwood. Some of the nicest kids (20s) you'll meet. If you see them again tell them Hans says what's up, and that I have perfected my patented 90.
    They may be nice, but they have an invitation to take a shit on their truck written right on the side. At the very least I would cover the logo with dog shit that I always have handy. If you support Lesh's company you deserve it.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Indeed, any association with Lesh is a stain that only extended repentance can remove. Dog shit under the handles would be an appropriate treatment, along with a note on the windshield explaining why, in case they really are clueless.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    2012, the good old days: Cohee snow phone first thing in the morning, Coop stoke (glass o'Red!!), outer pali freshies until the bell, Bubbs, Battered Beav.
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. The winds will blow their freshness into you, and the storms, their energy. Your cares and tensions will drop away like the leaves of Autumn." --John Muir

"welcome to the hacienda, asshole." --s.p.c.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutter View Post
    glass o'Red!!
    Points for proper syntax.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    They may be nice, but they have an invitation to take a shit on their truck written right on the side. At the very least I would cover the logo with dog shit that I always have handy. If you support Lesh's company you deserve it.
    Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    Indeed, any association with Lesh is a stain that only extended repentance can remove. Dog shit under the handles would be an appropriate treatment, along with a note on the windshield explaining why, in case they really are clueless.
    I doubt they know anything about the company or owner. They are dirtbags chasing storms in a stretch limo truck, with a clapped out camper in the back, who thought they got lucky to get some free outerwear. If you bought them a 30-rack of Keystone they'd probably put your sticker on the side of the truck.

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    Coming your way (for real)!

Flying into Reno tonight, meeting the sellers of our van tomorrow morning, and hope to be done all the selling paperwork/test drive/etc by early afternoon. We'll be staying with friends in powdork's neighborhood near Meyers, staying until either Saturday or Sunday.

We're hoping to ski on the east side of the lake Thursday PM before heading to south lake. May ski the heav or something on the west side Friday, same thing again Saturday.

For the record I only have a comp ticket, not an epic pass

If anyone is around to grab an apres beer, wants to ski, etc we're interested!

And thank you for all the beta leading up to this trip, tahoe mags have been super helpful. Let me know when you come to wasangeles and I hope to return the favor!

Yo I’ve got comps if you need some.
    I’ve got some northstar/heavenly/Kirk wood ones and alpine meadows/palisades too.
    Reach out.
    The vail comps are actual tickets so would need to meet up. The alpine ones are a link I send you.

Quote Originally Posted by thefrush View Post
    Did it have a Moment sticker on the other side? There was a similar vehicle at Mammoth early season that people claimed was affiliated with the Moment crew.
    Yes there was a Moment sticker on the back. In my book that's an offset for the Vertika sticker. Anyway you have to appreciate the creativity of a rig like that. I didn't have time to stop but I imagine the interior of the back of the truck is limousine bench style?
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Rain and a bit of nothing at my house on Friday. OG buddy with Stage 4 cancer rolled up. We bailed on Rose-area touring plans, thinking it would be rain crust, wind-blown, and...I just wanted to blast out some laps with my ol pal going through a rough time.

The ski-commute sucked. What can I say? I have to remember --- I AM traffic.

After that, the weekend began in earnest. And holy crap did it exceed expectations!!

Untracked Beaver (who doesn't love untracked Beaver??) with coach

Attachment 400719

OG Buddy Chopper still has it of course

Attachment 400721

On to Untracked and Holy Primo Estelle - 8-10" of windloaded cold pow on a smooth surface. {Chopper's skis]

Attachment 400720

Posting video to TGR sucks. Instead, you get a shitty screengrab of a shitty video that began after the steeps. Ha!

Attachment 400722

Over to Untracked Buttress which nobody else skied that day, despite being in great shape. [shot taken at 2:00...]

Attachment 400723

After that....we stopped taking pictures because it was just so damn good. What a day. One of the best resort days I've had in a long time. Untracked all day - all the hardcores were skiing Silvy that day I guess....

Chopper approves -

Attachment 400724

Here's some more video (not mine): https://www.instagram.com/p/CYfdVuRFN2E/

Sunday was all about dogs, skiing with kids, and fitting in a couple Silvy / BA laps. When Palisquawpine opens wall-to-wall, holy crap that mountain is unreal!!

Attachment 400725

Attachment 400726

Attachment 400727

Fuck yeah skiing!

ETA: thanks Blaster, TBC, and gimpy for the stoke!
    Well played! That is why I was always an Alpine guy when we lived up there. Going to Palisades for races has made me appreciate the terrain there, but you won!

I have skied Northstar trees in a foot of fresh during some races a few years ago. Fun, but got boring after a while. I still don't like that place.
    He who has the most fun wins!

Quote Originally Posted by mogul5480 View Post
    ^^^^ 100% this. <real font>

It's a good thing Vail's deep pocketbook has led to tremendous deployment of expansion capital expenditures since the purchase to help handle those crowds. Think of the 600 new beds, the restaurants that are totally open all the time, the fact that they converted chairs 2, 4, and 5 to detachable quads, and the new cheap power since connecting to the grid. <sarcasm font>
    Sorry, all that money is going into Whistler.

If you are looking for the Rona I suggest booking a holiday trip to the Lake this weekend. If you come, stay away from the natives.
    Last edited by NakedShorts; 01-12-2022 at 05:18 PM.
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

Quote Originally Posted by Sutter View Post
    2012, the good old days: Cohee snow phone first thing in the morning, Coop stoke (glass o'Red!!), outer pali freshies until the bell, Bubbs, Battered Beav.
    It’s never going to be 1999 again. Just be glad you were in on it

Now I’m waiting for my personal clime assistant drone. To lift me to a remote peak and film me as it follows me down
    Own your fail. ~Jer~