Page 7 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Thank fk for that. Almost threw up reading brutah's post.

Hope the FS works out a good or similar deal going forward. Is public comment helpful?

Access agreements aren't subject to the NEPA process so public comment review isn't required, but making your voice heard never hurts.

I'm also concerned about this little plot of land at the top of Mineral Fork that Alta owns, they want to build a hut of some kind and fly guests in and out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mineral.PNG 
Views:	134 
Size:	753.4 KB 
ID:	390757

Skied a 3rds to susie's last night. Smooth snow (sierra windboard?) up high, then some nice breakable crust starting at about 9200-9400 or so. Survival skiing getting out of there.

Will probably stick to the collins or brighton groomers this weekend..

Parking info is live: Alta Parking | HOME

I heard previously its going to be 2 codes per passholder, but it still vague about the number on the website.

We are getting clarity about what FCFS parking remains. Did not know that ASL owns the "flagstaff Lot." But it also looks like the north side of grizzly remains open.

Name:	flagstaff.JPG 
Views:	1389 
Size:	156.1 KB 
ID:	390761

Name:	grizz.JPG 
Views:	1376 
Size:	175.5 KB 
ID:	390762

Looks like they're outsourcing it as expected...

Interstate Parking
    P.O. Box 7369
    Breckenridge, CO 80424

Today's email:
    ALTA'S PARKING RESERVATION SYSTEM WILL GO LIVE ON
    NOVEMBER 3RD AT 7AM MT
    Our passion is providing authentic skiing experiences in a natural mountain environment. The skiing experience on weekends & holidays has changed in recent years as skier demand has outpaced our capacity. The past few seasons, skiers have started arriving before sunrise to claim a parking spot. Others have been turned away because our parking lots have filled up on weekend & holidays. Turning around cars filled with a family, a group of friends or someone hoping to ski Alta for the first time is not the experience we want anyone to have.

We are implementing a parking reservation system on weekends & holidays to ensure that Alta skiers will have a place to park.

We understand that parking reservations represent a big change for Alta and will require more planning from our skiers. While parking reservations will be required on weekends & holidays from 8am–1pm, there are 100+ days of winter that require no parking reservations.

ALTA'S PARKING RESERVATION SYSTEM WILL GO LIVE ON NOV. 3RD AT 7AM MT:
    • Qualifying Alta and Alta-Bird season passholders will receive an email prior to November 3rd at 7am with a parking reservation code. This code can be used to book free parking reservations on weekends & holidays.
    • Ikon and Mountain Collective passholders and day pass purchasers can also make parking reservations starting November 3rd at 7am MT. Reservations are available for $25 per day on weekends & holiday.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Yea, can't find any talk of how many spots a passholder can have at once. There is a $25 fee if you don't use a parking res (and then you are frozen until you pay), so maybe it will be unlimited but will make people pay who don't actually go?

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    Little birdie told me the guys that own the mining claims in Cardiff fork and the Cardiff snowboard company obtained guiding permits to run a catski and snowmobile tours in Cardiff fork this winter.

Any truth to this Benneke10? Anyone else heard about this?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    We might be talking about different people, but I talk with the dude with the cat in Cardiff occasionally and I'd be surprised if he wants to run an op - seems like he just wants to ski pow with his buddies.

for most alta passes it will be 2 codes at a time. Use it and then another opens up. I think its one at a time for gold cards and some of the other passes.

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    Yea, can't find any talk of how many spots a passholder can have at once. There is a $25 fee if you don't use a parking res (and then you are frozen until you pay), so maybe it will be unlimited but will make people pay who don't actually go?
    i thought i read awhile ago that it was maybe 1 for passholders and 2 for family pass. also thought i read something about passholders having a code where you can book a month or so down the road but still be able to book weekly? who the fuck knows now though.

Quote Originally Posted by DigSki View Post
    We might be talking about different people, but I talk with the dude with the cat in Cardiff occasionally and I'd be surprised if he wants to run an op - seems like he just wants to ski pow with his buddies.
    The Cardiff Cat guy also does group trips on the road. I've seen him drop off a group of inexperienced tourons, folks who struggle with kick turns, at Georges. I don't know if the Cardiff trips are paid or just friends and family but I've also seen him up there with a Cat full of little old ladies in street clothes.

He's always friendly. That doesn't change the fact the Cat chews up the approach/exit ruining it for everyone else, not to mention he's rolling coal the entire time.

What gets me is the cat guy HAS A GROOMER HE COULD DRAG BEHIND THE CAT. He grooms the first section of the road near Donut Falls, then he pulls it up and deliberately chews up the road. Sometimes he left it on early season last year.

I think I know the dude.
    Haven't really spoken to him in a couple years, but if it is, that dude's cool as fuck.
    Probably isn't grooming entire way because he is rolling coal=saving a little fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by wasatch_carpetbagger View Post
    Parking info is live: Alta Parking | HOME

I heard previously its going to be 2 codes per passholder, but it still vague about the number on the website.

We are getting clarity about what FCFS parking remains. Did not know that ASL owns the "flagstaff Lot." But it also looks like the north side of grizzly remains open.
    So all north side parking is non-res FCFS? I was not expecting that.

was reading a FB post and someone called, they said that no parking in town of alta without reservation, or employee/cabin owner permit.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

gotta stop checking this thread.

it makes my heart hurt for both Canyons that mean so meant so much to me for so many years.

good luck y'all

Quote Originally Posted by DLD in UT View Post
    The parking lot closed sign at the top of Collins lot ramp didn’t seem to work this AM.
    Wind’s done it’s work up there, but for October turns no complaints.
    Well except for the car with SC and Georgia Tech plates and summer tires who thought parking 3 deep and boxing me in was a good move…
    Attachment 390509

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Just gotta say (since many here know me as a big Georgia Tech fan), it wasn't me(Shit, I never even took my winter tires off this year). On behalf of Yellow Jacket nation, I apologize for my fellow fans' bullshit. Tech grads might be smart, but the nerd book smarts doesn't help all the time.

Main chute skied great today. Great chalky snow and even the firm areas were not bad. Felt great to let the dogs out with some faster arching turns in the middle.

Name:	20211029_172326.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	390834

As a UGA grad, I too apologize for the Georgia Tech bullshit in the canyon. Some things can’t be taught.

I do appreciate the dogs reference though. Keep ‘‘em coming

Sick pic! It looks like mid season in main chute.

Quote Originally Posted by skiATL View Post
    Just gotta say (since many here know me as a big Georgia Tech fan), it wasn't me(Shit, I never even took my winter tires off this year). On behalf of Yellow Jacket nation, I apologize for my fellow fans' bullshit. Tech grads might be smart, but the nerd book smarts doesn't help all the time.
    Lol I was definitely tempted to call ya out but didn't know if you were still checking this thread often enough to catch it. But it was probably you if you're driving around with worn down winter tires from running em all summer jk

Hope to ski with ya this year, or at the very least hang out on summit while we wait for things to soften

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    I think I know the dude.
    Haven't really spoken to him in a couple years, but if it is, that dude's cool as fuck.
    Probably isn't grooming entire way because he is rolling coal=saving a little fuel.
    This is very accurate, dude is always so excited to be skiing and super friendly.

General FYI:

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-10-31 at 11.39.20 AM.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	240.9 KB 
ID:	391004
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Name:	FullSizeRender666.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	169.8 KB 
ID:	391144

Yesterday's view.

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/2021/1...-solitude-ski/
    "I am here to put the stake in the ground,” she said. “We’re owned by Alterra, we are Ikon. Solitude is Ikon. There is no other."

I miss the D's

Me too...

If they only knew.....

Fuck you Alterra and FUCK IKON!

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    ifin every one knows
    and we dont care about the crowds and its effect on the experience but just need to make bank
    yeah multitides
    isnt it iconic
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno