Page 62 of 112 FirstFirst ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 2790
    Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    If you've skied Snowbird for a while you probably know Gin. Pretty cool little feature on him...

https://unofficialnetworks.com/2022/...skier-success/
    This was great, thanks for sharing
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Keystone is the new Snowbird

Two national guard helicopters crashed in Mineral Basin this am. Sounds like no injuries. Holy hell.

https://kutv.com/news/local/black-ha...od-canyon-utah

Any one hear about a helicopter forced landing in Mineral Basin?

I had a boss who was a former Apache pilot in the US Army. He always said, “There are two kinds of helicopters…those that have crashed, and those that will.” Scary stuff.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by new yabyum View Post
    Any one hear about a helicopter forced landing in Mineral Basin?
    No deaths, right near the bottom of the mineral chair. Footy us a bit obscured by trees but the audio is pretty clear:
    https://youtube.com/shorts/BfJqCwAVaRs?feature=share

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Buddy was riding up mineral as this happened and sent me a text. Said he actually saw a rotor go flying and that they were operating fine and he thinks they simply lost sight of the ground as the rotor wash kicked up a whiteout.

Could have been very, very bad if the rotor or debris hit the chair, or skiers.

Hot damn. Maybe dealing with the Powderbirds isn't so bad after all...
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by D-Roc View Post
    As a part of the ACL Class of 2021 please feel free to DM with a phone number, hit me with questions or anything you may need!
    Thank you much for the offer but:

The PT said it is just a bad sprain!! Some stretching plus ice, and I should be back skiing next week. Thank you to Dantheman for the PT req, they were fast, professional, and only $70.
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Quote Originally Posted by NBABUCKS1 View Post
    Holy. Fucking. Shit.

Man, it felt cold out there today. Great skiing though. Speed 4 moose sitting and watching the skiers go by.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Holy. Fucking. Shit.
    wow. Looks like one crashed and sent projectiles into the other, who narrowly missed landing in trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    I had a boss who was a former Apache pilot in the US Army. He always said, “There are two kinds of helicopters…those that have crashed, and those that will.” Scary stuff.
    Company I worked for had a jet, before departing one day we watched a helicopter land, pilot looked at me and said he would never be caught in one, "only aircraft I know of that's sole intent is too shake its self to pieces".

I've heard pilots state that they would never want to fly a vehicle whose airfoils move faster than the rest of the aircraft.

Imagine if the rotor went into the maze, terminal, or haul rope. Some final destination shit.

Another video, from the lift maze.
    https://twitter.com/KUTV2News/status...UXvPLbWXWSETfg
    Last edited by tBatt; 02-22-2022 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post
    Imagine if the rotor went into the maze, terminal, or haul rope. Some final destination shit.
    Glad everyone is ok. Dodged a bullet there. Or rotor.
    It's looked really weird with them landing so close to the lift in their training lately.
    Cats had made a flat LZ there that coulda, and in hindsight, shoulda been much further away.
    Guess Snowbird won't be using them for AC anymore.
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Did anyone see that A-35 do a sideways flyby between hidden peak and baldy last Tuesday? That was pretty wild
    Hunting kicks ass.
    Chicks dig Labs.
    I'll keep my job, my money and my guns and you can keep the change.
    From my cold dead hands.

They’ve consistently been doing training runs over the wasatch in f35s for the last few weeks. Two screamed through the air after the crash today. I believe that it was even put out in local media that they would be doing training over the central Wasatch for a month a while ago. Those things are fast and loud. I’ve golfed at the hill afb golf course and you can’t hear a word that your buddy right next to you in a cart says when they take off. And they go straight up after leaving the deck. I believe that the marines have a version that can take off and land like a helicopter/harrier jet.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

They’ve been doing it for years. I think the first time I skied with Buster and Iceman (Ötzi) we had one come screaming over us riding Supreme, that was a long time ago, around 2003 or so. (F16 in those times.) Back when chairlift conversations revolved around “I’m armed and my dick hurts.” Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    If you've skied Snowbird for a while you probably know Gin. Pretty cool little feature on him...

https://unofficialnetworks.com/2022/...skier-success/
    Gin Chao!!

I've known Gin since the 90's. Great dude. We just finished a couple boxes of his goodies.

Name:  image01.jpeg
Views: 868
Size:  61.1 KB
    Name:  image02.jpeg
Views: 878
Size:  103.5 KB

edit: yes I meant F-35 not A
    Hunting kicks ass.
    Chicks dig Labs.
    I'll keep my job, my money and my guns and you can keep the change.
    From my cold dead hands.

Quote Originally Posted by sfotex View Post
    Took the kids to Solitude today........ looks like they can’t groom a lot of stuff because the rocks are starting to come out on the groomers......
    Can't or won't? I believe part of the grooming objective is to push snow back up the hill to cover the boney spots.

...lmao No One mentioned the Junior Freeride Comp at the Bird yesterday

Watched a handful of riders between runs...One kid pulled off a sweet huck, musta been 30 footer ,easy...stomped landing smoothly.

Snow was o k yesterday, not super-but way better than early last week COMMON ULLR -NAIL US TODAY!
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	feb22 1.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	347.2 KB 
ID:	407122Click image for larger version. 

Name:	feb22 2.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	716.9 KB 
ID:	407123 yesterday was a good one. hoping the winds didn't ruin everything going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    They’ve consistently been doing training runs over the wasatch in f35s for the last few weeks. Two screamed through the air after the crash today. I believe that it was even put out in local media that they would be doing training over the central Wasatch for a month a while ago. Those things are fast and loud. I’ve golfed at the hill afb golf course and you can’t hear a word that your buddy right next to you in a cart says when they take off. And they go straight up after leaving the deck. I believe that the marines have a version that can take off and land like a helicopter/harrier jet.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    The Airforce version is called the CTOL (Conventional Take-Off and Landing) and uses a regular runway. The Marine version is called STOVL (Short Take-Off and Vertical Landing) and as the name implies, can take off from short runways and land vertically. The Navy version is called CV (Carrier Variant) and has longer wings that fold up for storage.

Name:  lines22322.jpg
Views: 712
Size:  27.3 KB

happy wednesday!