Name:  p1.jpg
Views: 1092
Size:  112.5 KB Name:  p2.jpg
Views: 1108
Size:  109.3 KB Name:  p3.jpg
Views: 1090
Size:  122.2 KB Name:  p4.jpg
Views: 1057
Size:  149.1 KB had an incredible night of touring until I got humbled a little. a few very scary slides reported today and yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by MegaStoke View Post
    When does Snowbird typically start selling passes for the next season? And do they usually allow you to ski the rest of the season once you’ve bought next year’s pass?
    Good Question. I've had enough of Alterra. Solitude only grooms one run worth skiing on a reliable basis. One run.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Yup. As long as you don't get unlucky with a super cloudy day after a warm spell, you'll have good skiing in some form or another in LCC. I've had a couple memorable days chasing corn around the compass as well.
    Yep, been coming out the last few years early to mid April bc of the groms vacation weeks now. Plenty of different aspects to chase the sun around, and the tram deck is a great place to hang in spring afternoons . Did get skunked a bit last year with a cold cloudy "storm" only dropping an angry inch and freezing everything into reef ,but thats always a risk in the Spring. Other than that great times, but I'm still a little concerned re: lines on little cloud and Peruvian with the Tram down. We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    UT corn skiing historically not as good as drier places as we get too many frequent snows, and too few runs of below freezing, clear nights. How that is these days in the new new I don't know. Corn certainly was firing last April as I recall though.

I'd say your chances of skiing powder are like 250% higher here than CA in April, and your chances of skiing perfect corn a little less, but not drastically. With the way the month is shaping up storm and temp-wise all aspects over 8500 ft (upper LCC) will be holding snow.

Disclaimer: skied perfect corn in tahoe this january, but also skied perfect corn in UT this february, so who knows anymore.
    ^^^ This. Much better chance of skiing powder in the Cottonwoods in April than perfect corn. April is a great time to visit. Usually the biggest base depth of the season.

Saw the motorhome getting towed out via police escourt yesterday. Texas plates.
    Alta's parking filled up to 100% on a Monday lol. I was over at the Bird and it was pretty average leftover pow on crust conditions by normal year standards.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

looks like a good day to be sick tomorrow or thursday. model update at noon was a pleasant surprise, even the debbie downer models were saying a foot at worst. fingers crossed
    Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 888
Size:  145.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Felt like a real Wasatch day out there on Sunday.

Attachment 408586

Attachment 408587

Oddly quiet given the reports of road apocalypse. And if you have complaints about the quality of skiing during that storm you're doing something very wrong. Ski faster, avoid bottom-feeding!
    Thanks for the skinner from Sunday, took a stroll to T Chutes after work yesterday, most excellent!
    You took too much man, too much, too much

Snowing harder as the day progressed up BCC.

Skiing the beav the next 2 days, get in touch for some pow laps if on the hill!

I am wondering, if I want to ride the $25 snowcat at Pow Mow, do I also need to buy a lift ticket? Are the two separate, or do they go hand in hand?
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    I am wondering, if I want to ride the $25 snowcat at Pow Mow, do I also need to buy a lift ticket? Are the two separate, or do they go hand in hand?
    hand in hand last I knew. the snowcat picks you up from the top of a lift?

Looking pretty good for tomorrow, hopefully I finally going to break out the new pow skis I bought before the new year
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Come on man. Really. Tour up house road to lightning. But then it’s lift. Same for raintree. I’ll be up Thursday if you want to make some turns

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

get some
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    Come on man. Really. Tour up house road to lightning. But then it’s lift. Same for raintree. I’ll be up Thursday if you want to make some turns

We have plans to ski PM on Friday. If you will be there then, let's meet up. I'll see what I can do about Thursday and let you know.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Just got passed in BCC by a guy on a dirt bike with a snowboard on his back.

Bold move Cotton.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

paging jmedslc

LOL. A white SUV cut into the lineup on the Bells Canyon side about 100' ahead of us. Lady behind them gets out and tells the cutter to get in the back of the line, the driver says F you. Next thing you know the lady grabs a water bottle from her car and starts whacking the drivers window with it. Several others get out and mob the car. Finally the SUV sheepishly pulls a u-turn and moves back to the end of the line.

You'll never be able to guess the tags on the SUV...

Sent from my SM-S908U using TGR Forums mobile app

Okay what was the plate?

Quote Originally Posted by new yabyum View Post
    Okay what was the plate?

Tejas?

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Tejas?
    California.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    California.
    Florida.

Good gawd y’all. I almost forgot what balls deep powder feels like. Amazing.

I just waited TWO hours for the 994 up which never came. An hour into the wait I called UTA and was told that all the buses were stuck up top and that they were sending another bus from the garage. I checked the traffic cams and the roads were clear and there was almost no cars on the road. I will never ever try to take the bus again. Everyone says "take the bus, take the bus" so I do and it doesn't even come. Anytime a single flake falls the bus drivers use that as an excuse to not do their job. The last time I took the bus, 2 months ago, the driver at Alta told me she wasn;t going down because they were going to close the road in 45 minutes. Over an hour later they closed the road and I was stuck up there for 3 more hours without a credit card. The couple times I take the bus it is a disaster. Never again. So there will be one more Subaru Outback with 1 single skier in it clogging up the canyon road. All because UTA can't do their freakin job.

This is my last season in North America. North American skiing is completely utterly hopelessly broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevintheskier View Post
    I just waited TWO hours for the 994 up which never came. An hour into the wait I called UTA and was told that all the buses were stuck up top and that they were sending another bus from the garage. I checked the traffic cams and the roads were clear and there was almost no cars on the road. I will never ever try to take the bus again. Everyone says "take the bus, take the bus" so I do and it doesn't even come. Anytime a single flake falls the bus drivers use that as an excuse to not do their job. The last time I took the bus, 2 months ago, the driver at Alta told me she wasn;t going down because they were going to close the road in 45 minutes. Over an hour later they closed the road and I was stuck up there for 3 more hours without a credit card. The couple times I take the bus it is a disaster. Never again. So there will be one more Subaru Outback with 1 single skier in it clogging up the canyon road. All because UTA can't do their freakin job.

This is my last season in North America. North American skiing is completely utterly hopelessly broken.
    Um ok 🥴
    We get it, missing out. But who leaves their house without….nevermind
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Um ok 若
    We get it, missing out. But who leaves their house without….nevermind
    Without what? Checking the roads, cameras, bus routes, making sure everything is good? I did.

Your wallet? Assume you’ll get delayed at best.