Page 27 of 112 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
    Was a bit rough out there today

The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukonrider View Post
    I still am not an advocate for busses, but now I have to ask how UDOT found a way to make a gondola about as appealing as taking a bus?
    My semi-conspiratorial speculation is that by limiting the proposed capacity to 1,000 ppl/hr and the days of operation to 120 days/year they're actively gaming the costs to make it look cost-neutral with the bus alternative. A 3k-4k ppl/hr lift that operates year-round probably pencils out to hundreds of millions more in lifetime costs and is harder to justify to a state legislature and voting public that claims to be fiscally conservative.

It's hypothetically possible that the gondi capacity and valley parking could be expanded in the future, but that has not even been hinted at publicly.

is collins being down for maintenance a new thing as of this PM? will it be running by tomorrow?

^^^
    Guys are working hard to get it going. But no guarantees it’ll be running in the morning. Everyone should head to sorrydude.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

lol, sorrydude 'MAY have eagle in the next couple daze'. the apex moonbeam thing is beat. would not bang.

Quote Originally Posted by ski_the_fraulein View Post
    I returned to an AltaBird this year. Fuck Ikon!
    thanks for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    ^^^
    Guys are working hard to get it going. But no guarantees it’ll be running in the morning. Everyone should head to sorrydude.

This potential 20 inches overnight (canyon closure?) with a downed collins lift really creating problems for the be-to-work-by-noon powder skier

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    This potential 20 inches overnight (canyon closure?) with a downed collins lift really creating problems for the be-to-work-by-noon powder skier
    1st world problems.
    A gondola will solve all of them.
    And then some.
    Git sum tomorrow y'all, should be all time, er season, if the forecast holds...
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    1st world problems.
    A gondola will solve all of them.
    And then some.
    Git sum tomorrow y'all, should be all time, or at least all season if the forecast holds...
    the gondi's gonna do the control work for you and get something other than fred's open before 12:30?

the gondi's gonna do the control work for you and get something other than fred's open before 12:30?
    Could be a rough day at the Alta tomorrow.
    Pretty good lift maintenance crew there, and Doppelmayr Ctec just down the hill.
    Fingers crossed...
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

i'll see you all soon. will be spending next week and most of january in slc skiing most everyday.

if you have nowhere to be sounds like hitching up canyon is the way to go.

Wasatch 21/22 - We're All Here 'Cause We're Not All There!

Quote Originally Posted by Yukonrider View Post
    The only place I've seen in America where public transit works well is Telluride, because they have an excellent gondola system, and living situation dense enough for it to be easy to access.
    Aspen’s transit system works great and serves community’s 90 miles away.
    That’s a long fucking gondola.

No snow in the run outs = no inter lodge

10" at Snowbasin so far...so good.

Good gawd what an epic night skiing sesh at Brighton tonite.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1639547527.765217.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	396761

6” in the valley by the U at 11:30

Any word on the status of Collins? I can't imagine it being worked on overnight.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

full foot deep on bench-I imagine ski patrol will have its work cut out for it today /Stay Safe!
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Any word on the status of Collins? I can't imagine it being worked on overnight.
    Even if Collins is closed all day or opens mid-day, I assume Alta is still best play today? Brighton got skied up some from night skiing and Snowbird currently has comparable terrain open to Alta w/o Collins plus generally worse coverage.

Thanks for your opinion.
    Not for me. If Collins is down, I won't be going anywhere near LCC today. Have fun, JONG
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Holy shit

Collins is spinning and the banner is off the Alta website!

Somebody needs to get a tip jar out at Collins so we can show our appreciation for the maint techs.

Probably about a foot here in SSL, and some downed tree branches around the yard from the weight of the ice-> snow. one quite large one that fell a few feet from my car.

Today, I skied DV. Icy and didn't seem like much new snow. Didn't ski like 8-9" new, that's for sure. Any way, I met up with this chick who was sporting Wubanger skis. I wish that I caught her name. I said, "I haven't seen anyone on Wubangers for like 5-6 years". She told me that her friends bought Wubanger and started a new ski company called Hinterland skis. There were about 50 pair of Wubangers left in the warehouse. 1st, Hinterland skis sure are Purdy...kudos! The top sheets are wood veneer and remind me a lot of Praxis. 2nd, they are expensive as F**K....$1100/pr. Does anyone know if they Hinterland peeps are maggots? I think that this girl must either be a maggot, or should be. Who knows, maybe she is hanging out at SkiDivas, if that is still a thing.

Secondly, this morning is a good reason why a LCC/BCC would work. I heard that both Big and Little closed down this morning because of accidents. None of that with a Gondi, whereas hundreds would have been stuck on the bus breathing other peoples' germs.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    I can't imagine it being worked on overnight.
    They sure did.