Page 12 of 112 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    More changes coming to Alta and LCC: 4-level Shrontz parking structure and planned development require paving, cutting aspens, building large retaining walls at start of the Alta summer road: http://www.fs.usda.gov/nfs/11558/www...T3_5694401.pdf

45-day objection period to draft decision starts today, only for those who have previously submitted comments on the proposal.

Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post
    Snowbird closed to uphill. Last day for uphill at Alta is today. Closure goes into effect at 5p
    Access to Catherine's Pass via the Summer Road likely still permissible.
    fun while it lasted...

We've created a Traction Law Enforcement Officer position and it opened a few days ago for anyone interested; see below link.

https://www.governmentjobs.com/caree...w%20Enforement
    "... she'll never need a doctor; 'cause I check her out all day"

Quote Originally Posted by MegaStoke View Post
    I just moved to SLC a week ago, and have never been in the Wasatch in the winter. I’m trying to change that tomorrow morning, and take the touring skis for a walk. I don’t even know where to begin looking at maps though. I’m an experienced backcountry skier, but have no idea what’s what down here yet.

So Mags, tell me where to ski tomorrow, and I shall do so. Thanks in advance.
    Same boat, lets link up and go for a tour
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Xover View Post
    We've created a Traction Law Enforcement Officer position and it opened a few days ago for anyone interested; see below link.

https://www.governmentjobs.com/caree...w%20Enforement
    $14-15/hr LOL good fucking luck

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    Utah might get a McDonalds reject, Kyle Rittenhouse type, if they arm them.

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    Also seasonal, part-time, outside work during winter storms, telling angry dumbasses they can't go skiing. Going to have applicants lined up around the block!

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    id give em boots and let them collect by the infraction
    bout fuckin time they attempted to fix
    the simplest cause of the snake
    and your help wanted position fluffer made it sound
    way better than dtm
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Also seasonal, part-time, outside work during winter storms, telling angry dumbasses they can't go skiing. Going to have applicants lined up around the block!
    TL - Time Limited - At-Will: Employees in this position serve at the pleasure of the appointing officer

Also no set schedule, they call you come.

Pass.
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

IIRC, this same position was offered last year. Did it ever get filled?

Quote Originally Posted by Yukonrider View Post
    TL - Time Limited - At-Will: Employees in this position serve at the pleasure of the appointing officer

Also no set schedule, they call you come.

Pass.
    I took the "When you aren't performing the chain law duties you will be assisting UDOT Maintenance with their regular maintenance duties" part to mean they were going to try to make the hours somewhat regular. I wonder if there's a drug screen requirement.

If they only want to pay $14-15/hr., at the very least they should get both Alta and Snowbird to throw in an unlimited Alta/Bird pass. After all, they do have averted interest in what goes on in LCC.
    Mr. Cumming are you listening?
    BTW, I wonder whether his Silver Coated Labs are allowed in the canyon...
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    Ha ha! Totally. A part time job that pays less than the starting wage at Arby’s to hassle people who just want to go skiing.
    This, but also, fuck the people that “just want to go skiing” and drive their ill equipped vehicle up the canyon while jeopardizing those who are well prepared for the road conditions and “just want to go skiing”.

I’d gladly stop to let someone check my vehicle if it means filtering out someone else that might get the road closed down for a couple hours.

1 person to regulate both canyons?

😂
    That job description and pay
    😆😆😆😆
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Xover posts a job listing for someone to guard the line up at the bottom of LCC and no one can make a pain train joke?! This place is slipping.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    This, but also, fuck the people that “just want to go skiing” and drive their ill equipped vehicle up the canyon while jeopardizing those who are well prepared for the road conditions and “just want to go skiing”.

I’d gladly stop to let someone check my vehicle if it means filtering out someone else that might get the road closed down for a couple hours.
    I have no problem with someone stopping me to inspect the snow rating on my tires. Never have. It takes 5 seconds.

“People who just want to go skiing” didn’t come out right, hence my deletion.

Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    1 person to regulate both canyons?
    Glad someone caught that. Seems like 50% staffing.
    Especially with the UPD canyon officers covering from emigration to south of LCC

Just do a RFID gate with a lane for turn out when you fail. It leads to park city

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

The guy at the bottom of the canyon works for UDOT.
    Doing every responsible person a favor.
    What about the person at the top of the canyon telling frothing folks that they can't park there because they don't have a reservation.
    Don't envy that person.
    Hope they have "people skills".
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Anyone know someone in SLC that is handy at van conversions? I have a Toyota sienna and looking for someone to help me insulate it with reflectix. Not looking to break the bank, but would pay someone to help me do it right.

*thread drift*- I think you should be OK not insulating the factory panels below the window levels and just insulating the windows, at least that is what my buddy did with his Astro. That being said, pulling those plastic panels isn't difficult, just cut the refletix to fit, double sticky tape, and put the plastic panels back on. I wouldn't mess with insulating under the head liner, unless you're pulling everything out and going full custom. That being said, there are a few van builders and converters in the valley but they are probably way to busy selling 100k sprinters and transits that insulating a sienna isn't high on the list of things to add to their work load. *end thread drift*
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

On another note, it's early, but this is depressing:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-11-23 at 6.34.44 AM.png 
Views:	102 
Size:	688.8 KB 
ID:	393699

But, I will probably be at Sillytude this morning
    Last edited by schindlerpiste; 11-23-2021 at 08:09 AM.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

This pretty much sums things up…

From the I-conn Thread - Skiing IKON in SLC is one of the cheapest deals there is. Just don't stay up in the mountains. You can stay in a cheap motel with tons of low cost food options around town, and I believe the ski shuttle bus to Big and Little CC is still free with an Ikon Pass. You have free tickets at Alta, Snowbird, Solitude, Brighton and Deer Valley and are not subjected to resort prices for anything else. Yeah, the transportation can be a hassle at times, but you are an easy day trip from the four Ikon areas plus Snowbasin. It is a dirtbag's dream vacation, For the cost of one night at an Alta or Bird lodge and a Fast Pass you can ski for a week if you stay and eat in town and play your cards right. Dealer's choice.”

Yes, this is how it’s been forever with lodging- but with few exceptions the price to play at each resort was a higher, and for those coming from afar - if definitely wasn’t “free” with their local season’s pass. Validates Ikon/EPIC are impacting pressure here in the Wasatch. Just fukkking sux!

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    The guy at the bottom of the canyon works for UDOT.
    Doing every responsible person a favor.
    What about the person at the top of the canyon telling frothing folks that they can't park there because they don't have a reservation.
    Don't envy that person.
    Hope they have "people skills".
    People skills? They're going to need a kevlar jacket, especially in this day and age.