Page 47 of 112 FirstFirst ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 2790
    Beautiful day up canyon. My first hitch earlier this week, smoking hot 21 yr old picks me up. We ski together at Brighton, cool chick. Lds though. Wasn't even cool w anal later that day? What's wrong w ppl these days

Looks to me like the cleanest parking at soli, If you know the Nordic trails, is to park near the firehouse, cruise down to the chairs, and dip off solbright and the end, bombing to within 10 feet of your car.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    Beautiful day up canyon. My first hitch earlier this week, smoking hot 21 yr old picks me up. We ski together at Brighton, cool chick. Lds though. Wasn't even cool w anal later that day? What's wrong w ppl these days

Looks to me like the cleanest parking at soli, If you know the Nordic trails, is to park near the firehouse, cruise down to the chairs, and dip off solbright and the end, bombing to within 10 feet of your car.
    Did you get an old fashioned at least?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by TeleBeaver View Post
    I did a 4:30pm Emma's lap to test the snow and everything seems like it stayed cold thanks to the clouds yesterday.
    You were right. Skied southerly aspects today and it was creamy. Similar feel to yesterday. But no clouds at all today so now I'm definitely skipping s aspects

Nice work whoever put this line inName:  20220109_124710~2.jpeg
Views: 1088
Size:  79.9 KB

Today was one of those days that bring big smiles to my face:
    1) Skiing Alta with Mrs. S
    2) fantastic conditions all around
    3) Meeting a maggot for the first time (Phall)
    4) Meeting up with a maggot buddy (TFW and his puppers)
    5) Renewing my interest in skiing LCC on weekends (Sunday at least)

We left the house at 7:45. When we exited 215 @ Exit 6, we were almost immediately met by traffic for BCC. There were maybe 150 cars lined up for the left turn. There was no traffic going into Little and speed was a constant 30-35mph all the way up. Scored 2nd row, third space in Collins lot. But for dillydallying we could have scored a first 10 chair. Really happy that we did (dillydally a bit) because we met Phall and rode up with him.

So far, only let down today is hearing about SFB Sr.. +++++VIBES+++++
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Was able to nix DV and stay in LCC. Glad we did. South skied well. Today definitely didn’t suck…Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1641767388.481566.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	104.9 KB 
ID:	400389

+Vibes Dibs+

That kid straightlining West Russ is Townsend Mikell.
    Grew up at the Alta, now 17.
    Turning heads since he was a grom. Comes from a ski racing family, fine racer himself.
    Guess I oughta pull his pass if I could ever catch him...

Dog school at Altabird this week.
    Gonna be instructing off the top of Sunny.
    Swing by for some change, check out some dog training, or even get buried for the cause.
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    +Vibes Dibs+

Turning heads since he was a grom. Comes from a ski racing family, fine racer himself.

Swing by for some change, check out some dog training, or even get buried for the cause.
    Going to be a nice week for dogs and handlers, have a great sesh! I've got a OC story that I'll share with ya sometime ( if I haven't already) PS Dibbs. Sorry about your dad.

This snow stayed cold and smooth

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post
    Purty.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4334.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	466.4 KB 
ID:	400439Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4349.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	807.6 KB 
ID:	400440Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4375.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	430.5 KB 
ID:	400441 great weekend

It’s been 3 weeks of just ripping skiing every day. Just when I was getting frustrated with Utah and the wasatch, it delivers and reminds me why I live here.

Honeycomb opener. Lines at the start, no lines in the goods.

Got distracted by beer and brats at the base, hopefully there's something left tomorrow

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Personally, I don't recall ever doing it in a full tuck in conditions that firm.

Still some fun skiing to be had up there
    Some real smooth skidding!

Quote Originally Posted by Yukonrider View Post
    Agree, crossing all the traverse tracks when dropping into middle is annoying, but the rest of the run is so good.
    nobody on patrol will get mad at you for heckling the descending traverse ikon crowd.
    we've tried to add a rope to stop the milk run traverse under the ghoul and keep people from making it out to middle slope unless they go from the top but sadly nobody respects it

Thought I'd share a not Alta pic.

Name:	gobblersknob.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	170.0 KB 
ID:	400491

Coupla inches of dust over supportable crust. Wind effected near the ridge, best mid slope and lower.

..... been wondering, lately .... Thanks for the beautiful, detailed snag and obs WRA!
    "... she'll never need a doctor; 'cause I check her out all day"

i finally got a chance to ski in BCC on saturday, got a few runs up Mill D. the south facing stuff was dust on crust, the north facing snow felt similar but a little bit better

i was thinking about trying to ski some gnarlier lines this upcoming weekend if the snowpack keeps stabilizing, but i might end up taking the timbersled out. does anyone on here do any sled-skiing?

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    +Vibes Dibs+

thanks
    i have buried for the gods cause experience

would do again
    god stuff matters

"When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post
    Awesome shot for sure! An instant classic.

Quote Originally Posted by camlax View Post
    nobody on patrol will get mad at you for heckling the descending traverse ikon crowd.
    we've tried to add a rope to stop the milk run traverse under the ghoul and keep people from making it out to middle slope unless they go from the top but sadly nobody respects it
    You should do the same for the abomination of a descending traverse out to Crystal. Brother and I heckle those fuks all the time. Hardly ever ski Boundary area anymore because of it.

Dust on crust sure is skiing well but the skinning has been pretty challenging on anything low elevation. One step forward, 1.5 steps back and sideways. Stuff is filling in nicely and bad ideas are starting to looks closer to becoming reality.

Name:	PXL_20220108_220253857.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	400544
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Yeah man, Townsend gets down. Invited to US development team and had an unfortunate ACL

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Sunny, fast and hard today.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by camlax View Post
    I've witnessed someone in uniform heckle the shit out of descending traversers in Highway...it was amazing, I was crying laughing

Not sure where the ghoul is, but the rope that was recently in skiers right on milk is probably 20' too short. I don't think anyone would put that stepper in if it started 20' lower. Of course you get the idiots who bootpack up steep and talls, but can't really stop people from being idiots. If MS was top down only it would be one of the best runs at that place, the under summit zone would be unreal if it wasn't sideslipped to death (and it was the first couple days milk gate was open). I've always thought milk gate would be great to move above the shack so you have to boot to it, would keep a lot of Jerry's out, but I'm sure there's a reason it is where it is.

While we're talking ropes - getting rid of the low evergreen gate would change that place. Top down evergreen only so you could mob the chutes without hitting those traverses? Yes please.

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    You should do the same for the abomination of a descending traverse out to Crystal. Brother and I heckle those fuks all the time. Hardly ever ski Boundary area anymore because of it.
    Only the high stepper in today. It's so much more work, but damn boundary looks great without that low traverse in. Not sure how you prevent the low T unless you roped boundary shoulder and put a gate up by guild gate, and that seems like a lot of extra work for patrol (maybe not, idk). I'm with you though - Crystal and No Mans would stay minty and Solitude skiers would be extra fit.