Page 98 of 112 FirstFirst ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 2790
    Quote Originally Posted by new yabyum View Post
    And you know something similar is cooking for BCC.
    If there is it's 20+ years off. Anything more than expanded bus service will require an EIS similar to LCC. That needs to be approved, funded, conducted, revised, mandatory public comment periods completed, etc. before actual project funding can be appropriated and work can begin. There is the Olympic wildcard to consider, of course, but AFAIK SoliBright aren't angling to host events.

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    Reason they need to do inspections of the system is to check for damage from ricocheting artillery fragments.
    By the time this thing ever comes about, the army will have shut down military cannon use for avalanche control, so not a future issue.
    Why even bother mentioning it in the EIS then?

Hope the highway tolls they're gonna implement pay for a lot of this, come the day.
    LOL, you know that money will just go into the general fund.

I saw the rendering and it looks like it's going to be very similar to the Peak 2 Peak that goes between Whistler and Blackcomb mountains. I will say I was skeptical about the project, but have to say it actually turned out to be quite useful and overall isn't a major blemish on the landscape.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I saw the rendering and it looks like it's going to be very similar to the Peak 2 Peak that goes between Whistler and Blackcomb mountains. I will say I was skeptical about the project, but have to say it actually turned out to be quite useful and overall isn't a major blemish on the landscape.
    I agree that Peak 2 Peak has worked well for Whistler but this is a whole different ballgame as this is supposed to be replacing thousands of cars (which now need to park at the base of the canyon) vs. saving skiers 45 minutes of transfer time switching mountains.

If they are going to do the snow sheds and expanded bus anyway, why don't they do this in phases where they take those steps and then see what the results are before dropping $1B on this
    At a minimum it should run year round with how crowded the canyon has become in summer.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    If they are going to do the snow sheds and expanded bus anyway, why don't they do this in phases where they take those steps and then see what the results are before dropping $1B on this
    At a minimum it should run year round with how crowded the canyon has become in summer.
    I definitely don't see the reasoning of only running it during the winter.

And, yes, it's a very different situation than Whistler, but if the goal is to reduce automobile traffic in LCC it seems like it would achieve that goal.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    yes do all this including building the three parking areas that's all planned then just don't build the tram.

I dunno Dan. About the future of AC in the LCC. Why I'm asking. Definitely placing the army in a conundrum here if artillery remains indefinitely. That fella Alderson? Don't think he likes to be placed in conundrums. Or condos...

Just made my comment in this latest go round. Secure 6,000 stalls at the gravel pit, not the 1,500 currently planned.
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I definitely don't see the reasoning of only running it during the winter.
    Snowbird is doing a fine job of bringing 100s of cars up the canyon throughout Oktoberfest then sending them back down full of drunken idiots. People already can't drive at baseline in UT, when you take valley-dwellers who've never driving a mountain road and send them down LCC while full of beer you have yourself a recipe for disaster. Guess a gondi could address that, along with the absolutely horrendous summer traffic from all the people who need to take selfies at Alta. But, that would make WAY too much sense...
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Just made my comment in this latest go round. Secure 6,000 stalls at the gravel pit, not the 1,500 currently planned.
    Only 600 stalls at the gravel pit under this alternative. 1,500 was the number for the bus alternative.

See: https://littlecottonwoodeis.udot.uta..._6-25-2021.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Only 600 stalls at the gravel pit under this alternative. 1,500 was the number for the bus alternative.

See: https://littlecottonwoodeis.udot.uta..._6-25-2021.pdf
    They've upped it. Look at the 10:00 mark in the vid.
    Still not near enough.

Reason they need to do inspections of the system is to check for damage from ricocheting artillery fragments.
    Don’t forgot checking for fresh cutz in the cable…

Wasatch 21/22 - We're All Here 'Cause We're Not All There!

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Don’t forgot checking for fresh cutz in the cable…
    given the level of domestic terrorism out there these daze, this comment isn't the least bit funny.

super unfortunate that they're gonna go forward with this plan, but not unexpected.
    Last edited by jmedslc; 09-01-2022 at 12:48 PM.

They've upped it. Look at the 10:00 mark in the vid.
    Still not near enough.
    Thanks for that. So they've added 1,000 more stalls at the base station, 900 more stalls at the gravel pit, and somehow the capital costs have dropped by $42 million and the O&M costs have dropped by $3.6 million/yr. That seems...suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    given the level of domestic terrorism out there these daze, this comment isn't the least bit funny.
    Seriously.

No tram cable jokes please, some of us are at the 2nd stage of grief processing this all.

Sorry, I forgot we were supposed to be super serious around here.. Carry on with the butthurt

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Maybe i missed it, as I've been trying not to Oedipus my eyes with the thought of the tram, but what about BC access, etc. - has there been a plan to address trailhead access as it has to have an impact there (thinking of huge pylons in the middle of the drainage, or removal of snoparks, etc), any indication of operating hours? like 24/7 what about us late / early boids.

Sorry im late to dinner here, suffering from a serious case of BALS
    You took too much man, too much, too much

D-Roc the road ain't going anywhere, so climbers and mid canyon skiers should have faster travel times.
    Hope the proposed snow sheds happen sooner than later.
    Thank god for those sheds if they happen. They're planned in the right places as well. Who woulda thunk?

As someone who grew up in slc and loves the wasatch this whole thing looks so bizarre from afar. Who are the pro gondola contingent (minus the old guy in this thread who owns a place in the canyon and Alta/bird)? Literally 100 percent of people I know who still live there don’t want to pay for this and a large proportion of them would actually use it. I can’t imagine the average Utahn who goes up the canyon once a year supports this.
    "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."

Put me down as the second old guy who supports it. Just waiting for the snake to get clobbered by an avalanche

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by nest View Post
    As someone who grew up in slc and loves the wasatch this whole thing looks so bizarre from afar. Who are the pro gondola contingent (minus the old guy in this thread who owns a place in the canyon and Alta/bird)? Literally 100 percent of people I know who still live there don’t want to pay for this and a large proportion of them would actually use it. I can’t imagine the average Utahn who goes up the canyon once a year supports this.
    You must hang out with folks that don't know shit, son.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    im a yimby and will walk to it and use it
    the red snake sucks and busses are just part of that suck
    i dont really wanna pay for others higher edjumacations financial decisions
    or choady brodys ppp van but.....
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

You must hang out with folks that don't know shit, son.
    not taking sides here but damn that’s funny

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    not taking sides here but damn that’s funny
    Stop being a pandering dweeb.

Quote Originally Posted by googledidoo View Post
    Stop being a pandering dweeb.
    Stop being a trolling dotard lol
    You took too much man, too much, too much

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Thanks for that. So they've added 1,000 more stalls at the base station, 900 more stalls at the gravel pit, and somehow the capital costs have dropped by $42 million and the O&M costs have dropped by $3.6 million/yr. That seems...suspicious.
    It is abundantly clear that UDOT"s cost estimate is a complete joke.