Page 96 of 112 FirstFirst ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 2790

Thread: Wasatch 21/22 - We're All Here 'Cause We're Not All There!

Phall: There is no way to ID an Alta town dog other than the tag at this time. I have encouraged otherwise.
    They may go anywhere in the town, which is the ski area and a piece up to the BCC Ridgeline. They may not be in the creek, obviously, and are supposed to be on lead. Super frustrating for the Marshall's office up there trying to explain to the public that their dog is not ok, but that one over yonder is. The last Marshall quit on account of dogs...

Sfotex: Nice to hear your keyboard. Getting enough volly work this summer? Unified said "good looking dogs".

Googledidoo: I tried hard to explain the situation. Pretty good at it, too. Been explaining these dogs for a long time.
    Friendly when they realized the deal? You mean when she jumped in front of my vehicle red in the face literally screaming that I'm stalking her? While her man is shooting pictures of the getaway car? You woulda had to have been there to believe these two. There was no reasoning happening. I understand the value of whistleblowing about dogs in the watershed, however this was my worst encounter with the public in 40 years...
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

You want him "to respond better" when the dick head is taking pics. of his auto.? I don't think so.
    Last edited by schindlerpiste; 08-24-2022 at 08:25 AM.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    You want him "to respond better" when the dick head is taking pics. of his auto.? I don't think so.
    The fact that the first interaction occurred way up on the trailhead and they are taking pix of his auto presumably quite a bit later leads me to believe TFW could have responded better. Especially since they eventually came around.

Your attitude of up your ass with a red hot poker is a sure way to potentially needlessly escalate things very quickly. Look, I do think there is a time to have that attitude, but I think it's better if you at least initially give them some benefit of the doubt and try to defuse first. And if that doesn't work, fine, up their ass.

I've seen it a few times where too much testerone leads to unnecessary violent confrontations. Or someone is having a bad day and an immediate up your ass response quickly degrades from there.

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    Phall:
    Googledidoo: I tried hard to explain the situation. Pretty good at it, too. Been explaining these dogs for a long time.
    Friendly when they realized the deal? You mean when she jumped in front of my vehicle red in the face literally screaming that I'm stalking her? While her man is shooting pictures of the getaway car? You woulda had to have been there to believe these two. There was no reasoning happening. I understand the value of whistleblowing about dogs in the watershed, however this was my worst encounter with the public in 40 years...
    I'll have to take your word for it that they were unreasonable. Your initial description led me to believe perhaps you could have explained better because people typically that crazy don't ever come around. But fair enough. You were there and I wasn't. So if you told me there was no reasoning I have to believe you. Sounds bad. The only positive outcome is it sounds like they eventually came around. My experience is people that crazy never do.

Quote Originally Posted by googledidoo View Post
    I'll have to take your word for it that they were unreasonable. Your initial description led me to believe perhaps you could have explained better because people typically that crazy don't ever come around. But fair enough. You were there and I wasn't. So if you told me there was no reasoning I have to believe you. Sounds bad. The only positive outcome is it sounds like they eventually came around. My experience is people that crazy never do.
    Stop mansplaining how basic human interaction works to grown men, about an incident you were not there. That's what twitter is for, maybe check that place out.

"Young woman calls UPD on me while hiking down. Heard her phone say "if you need 911" as she and her man pass.
    Ask her if she is trying to make trouble for me. "Dogs aren't allowed in the watershed."
    Will not stop to talk or reason. I pick up my pace stating that I want to make sure she talks to Unified about the rules that she won't let me discuss. Got accused of harassing and stalking that last mile and a half...with the fella shooting pictures of me behind them and upon arrival, my car and plates."

Nothing hard to understand here.
    OTOH, I'm not sure how you come up with your interpretation. It seems to me that the people were not willing to listen to reason. The only questionable aggression that I can see is that TFW "picked up his pace" to protect his interests. This seems reasonable under the circumstances. If the people rushed down to the trailhead, called unified, they probably would have received an official admonishment at that time. However, I was not there, so I defer to a person who does nothing other than contribute to the stoke, both on and off the hill.
    While you are entitled to your opinion, I question your motives.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

It is not intention to be a sanctimonious mansplainer nor stir shit up.

The sentiment was tilting toward the damn Karen's and I was merely trying to explain that I am thankful that people do speak out if they think someone is breaking the rules with their dogs entering the canyon is all. Because most of the time those people with dogs are breaking the rules when there is very good reason why those rules exist.

Are there some dickheads that get it wrong. Sure, but I bet it is rare. Most of the time those "Karen's" are simply speaking up trying to do the right thing and most of the time it's the person with the dog in the wrong. And I'm thankful some people speak out.

My motivation is to convey that sentiment. Nothing more and nothing less.

Sfotex: Nice to hear your keyboard. Getting enough volly work this summer? Unified said "good looking dogs".
    We had a busy early summer and things slowed a bit. I think the fall will be busy though.

If it makes you feel better ever time we have a rescue in the canyon and we use the ATV's/Side by Side the Sheriff's office gets a few complaints. And not because we are going to fast , it's 'The Search and Rescue team had motorized vehicles in the Wilderness Area and I'll have you know they aren't allowed in Wilderness Areas'
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

I have no dog in the fight (see what I did there?) but assuming someone is calling 911 on you, and then asking them if they are trying to make trouble is aggressive as fuck. That basically invites the Karen into your life. And then quickening the pace to keep up? Again, that seems somewhat aggressive to me. If someone is willing to call 911 on you for a potential dog infraction, they are probably reactionary enough that they aren't willing to hear you out, even if you chase them.

Again, I'm not pointing fingers, I typically respond to aggression with aggression. As I get older, my trigger is slower, but it still exists, so I'm not throwing stones at TFW.

Does WBR have summer shirts? If not you should get some logo'd out front and back you can wear when you go work the dogs. It's a lot easier to point to a logo on your shirt and say 'I'm training our teams working dogs' and leave it at that.
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

zzz: In hindsight, definitely could have handled it better. Kept thinking they would stop and converse. Wrong.

Enough about me and Karen.

Ya know how you can tell that dog is man's best friend?
    Lock your wife and your dog in the trunk of your car for three hours.
    When you open the trunk, who is happy to see you?
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Ya know how you can tell that dog is man's best friend?
    Lock your wife and your dog in the trunk of your car for three hours.
    When you open the trunk, who is happy to see you?
    lol

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    i was jus gonna say nice thing bout them gods
    should Karen and /or Ken git buried
    theyre gonna unconditionally do what theyre trained to do
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

You guys will do anything to keep this thread going in the summer. Love it. fuck you googledidoo!

Quote Originally Posted by googledidoo View Post
    I think you need to understand that TFW has way more interactions with random people than most of us. Yeah, really nutty people don't come around often, I agree, but if they're out there in the Canyon somewhere there's a pretty good chance TFW will run into them over 40 years or so...

Looks like we just got 1 step closer to a LCC gondola...

Sent from my SM-S908U using TGR Forums mobile app

Yeah unreal - i can't find the link at the moment but here is the tweet

https://twitter.com/cwilliamsKSL/sta...99466897137665

This is Gondola B - fyi
    https://littlecottonwoodeis.udot.uta..._6-25-2021.pdf

"The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everyone else" Jamie Pierre

Quick summary viddy for those that don't want to watch the ^ 13 minute long one. Flame away. Maybe it'll even get built before TFW keels over

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23HiuUjBOzI
    "... she'll never need a doctor; 'cause I check her out all day"

2030 or 2034 there will be Olympic ski events at snowbird.

Quote Originally Posted by Xover View Post
    Maybe it'll even get built before TFW keels over
    Yeah but will dogs be allowed

Quote Originally Posted by NBABUCKS1 View Post
    Yeah unreal - i can't find the link at the moment but here is the tweet

https://twitter.com/cwilliamsKSL/sta...99466897137665

This is Gondola B - fyi
    https://littlecottonwoodeis.udot.uta..._6-25-2021.pdf
    their literature shows a mobility hub at the gravel pit, but everything said on here recently was that gravel pit is not involved. What gives?

The legislature still has to approve the funding. Start writing your state representatives now. The cost estimates are already wildly out of date and this is going to cost well over $1 billion by the time it's done, maybe closer to $2 billion. That may be too much to stomach even in Utah's developer-dominated legislature.

Remember:

-The EIS says the gondola will only operate 120 days per year (Dec-Mar). 245 days per year it will sit there idle.

-Per the EIS there will be 22 towers that range in height from 160 feet to 260 feet. They will be larger than the tram towers at Snowbird and a similar truss-style design. This will not be what most people think of when they hear "gondola."

-This problem can be entirely solved with snowsheds (which are going to be built anyway) and parking reservations. Alta's parking reservation system had a huge beneficial impact on canyon congestion last winter. There is absolutely no need for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    There is absolutely no need for this.
    Very wealthy and well connected dickheads with a complete disregard for anything other than the size of their fortune completely disagree with this.
    While the gondola has been a foregone conclusion for some time now, every step that gets us closer to it still hurts bad...
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

If only the non-skiing public knew (or cared) that their taxes were going to this project