Page 88 of 112 FirstFirst ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 2790
    One last lap at Alta this morning… snow was wind affected but whatever…It’s May!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5592.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	415916

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Skiing was good today! Hope some others were able to make it out!

It still may be low tide out but all these late season storms are really helping extend the season

New to me Perlas variation (shot 7 to shot 6)

Untracked Royal Chute

Yo D-Roc, pick a date next week and let's shred! My vote would be a day between Monday-Thursday after work, but I haven't looked at weather
    Last edited by brutah; 05-13-2022 at 07:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    the Wasatch 22 was brought up on Nebo's tour. Pretty cool project and something I hadn't thought about before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1KvfGxmWLU&t=3s
    One peak I hadn't thought of skiing before either so that's nice motivation too.
    Great video! So much stoke and gratitude.
    Living in New England, that he skied all 48 4000ers in NH is badass mostly because lots of them are just not good for skiing.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Skiing was good today! Hope some others were able to make it out!
    It still may be low tide out but all these late season storms are really helping extend the season
    it was and looks fun! skied the other canyon this week to mix it up. these storms have been fun and keeps smoothing it all out. spring skiing one night, then some soft turns the next morning. hitting the bird with the 12 yr old this weekend as hearing this will be it this weekend but skiing after work next week.

Name:	pioneer-chutes.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	372.5 KB 
ID:	416216

Name:	powderhorn.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	288.6 KB 
ID:	416217

Name:	brighton.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	488.2 KB 
ID:	416218

Name:	skintrack.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	237.4 KB 
ID:	416219

Bird had some super fun turns today !

Showed up 11:30 mineral was a little baked - soon found little cloud just softening up; hit it just as it became carve able

Nothing like untracked laps, 2 weeks into may!
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Snowbird is really trying to get me to buy an Alta only pass for next season. Sure it's warm but they've stayed open thru way worse.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20220515-070832_Chrome.jpeg 
Views:	251 
Size:	138.5 KB 
ID:	416429

Sent from my SM-S908U using TGR Forums mobile app

I can't say I'm surprised with the bird's announcement. They can't get people safely off the mountain this year without the tram as the lower mountain melts out.

What was surprising is there is still 6 feet (205 cm) of snow at the top of primrose cirque and the shelter at emerald lake is still completely buried (unless it was removed last summer). April 2021, we saw the roof of the shelter when we passed by, but there were no signs of it yesterday. Gotta walk about 2 miles to reach snow from Aspen Grove.

We skied Robert's Horn in primo conditions.

A little late for primrose but we were able to work the northern aspects to keep out of the sticky icky for the most part, playing chutes n ladders to find passage through the cliffs.

Alfafores are an amazing trail snack.

Also signs of timber sleds up around emerald lake
    Last edited by brutah; 05-15-2022 at 08:18 AM.

^ Nice Brutah! (Ill definitely hit you up to get out soon, just got smooth out the work schedule)

Also i have an extra pair of billy goat ascent plate for large hard boots (bought in case BG didnt warrant a cracked plate - they did!) so before i return them back to the east , anyone want 'em? $135 and we can meet in the valley! LMK!

Anyway back to our regularly scheduled programming:

Nebo was firing on Saturday, Mona Pole road pretty much clear all the way to the drainage start. Boots or Shoes to start is really 6s...

Booted the Champagne, the chute dries out and requires some dry tooling and scrambling to get through it, then topped out and booted the summit, then down climbed the 70degree rocky ice entrance back into the NW - fresh line and was a mixed back that finished up with boot deep in the hallway! MEGA Good! , then cut back over to the Champagne, recycled the booter and took it down the Champagne and out! Again exceeded expectations through and through.

Name:	PXL_20220514_143511682.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	416576Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20220514_143607978.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	271.9 KB 
ID:	416577Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20220514_165017609.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	406.4 KB 
ID:	416578Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20220514_193433646.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	357.5 KB 
ID:	416579
    You took too much man, too much, too much

has anyone had eyes on suicide chute recently? kiddo has been wanting to ski it this year and was thinking of taking him up this wknd if it's still filled in enough. i thought one of the mt cams showed it but not seeing it.

UDOT saying hwy 150/Mirror Lake hwy open by Memorial day weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by criscam View Post
    has anyone had eyes on suicide chute recently? kiddo has been wanting to ski it this year and was thinking of taking him up this wknd if it's still filled in enough. i thought one of the mt cams showed it but not seeing it.
    Appears to go: https://altaskiarea.s3-us-west-2.ama...s/Superior.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post
    Ah thx!

Couldnt get a partner together and the little guy was being a pill all night so went out on a solo mission up to White Pine > Red Baldy as I suspected the snow might be best... the approach and deproach are demoralizing and getting desperate but the skiing was pretty phenomenal for mid/late May - 2+ inches of dense unenergetic snow ontop of crunchy corn... really gave some motivation for harder lines. Lake Chute, Rock and Roll, and Redbaldy Face all skied extremely well.

Beta Pics for those still chomping: (id start bringing a rope about now heh heh)

Name:	PXL_20220521_204527233.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	303.7 KB 
ID:	417129Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20220521_204531493.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	299.2 KB 
ID:	417130Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20220521_204536353.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	321.9 KB 
ID:	417131Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20220521_205227866.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	243.4 KB 
ID:	417132

Way to keep after it D-Roc! Looks/sounds like a solid day out in White Pine.

@criscam, any luck getting you little man up and down suicide?

@criscam, any luck getting you little man up and down suicide?
    no luck. he told me he's done w skiing this year and fully in bike mode. /shrug

i can pretend to be your kid for a day if you want to get out...

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    UDOT saying hwy 150/Mirror Lake hwy open by Memorial day weekend.
    Name:  Bald-Mountain.gif
Views: 1019
Size:  36.2 KB

lol, looked at the cam as a plow is going by. We're headed out to vernal this weekend, maybe I can convince the GF to bring skis

well sounds like your kid is already smarter than the rest of us so at least he's got that going for him!

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    lol, looked at the cam as a plow is going by. We're headed out to vernal this weekend, maybe I can convince the GF to bring skis
    Do it! There's a lot of fun low-hanging fruit that should be good to go this weekend, and you can drive home that way (sorta lol). Hayden has a few "couloirs" that are easy to get to and you can see em from the road. East face of Bald Mountain is another lay up (shuttle it and it's even easier). skiing off mirror lake highway is always a special spring/end of ski season treat!

Quote Originally Posted by D-Roc View Post
    i can pretend to be your kid for a day if you want to get out...
    🤟

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Hey Utardia residents: Anyone have oral surgery performed by this guy Bryan? Supposedly he is awesome. My lady friend needs a pretty major jaw surgery.

https://www.oralsurgeoninutah.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Hey Utardia residents: Anyone have oral surgery performed by this guy Bryan? Supposedly he is awesome. My lady friend needs a pretty major jaw surgery.

https://www.oralsurgeoninutah.com/
    I dont, but as someone who has a lot of fake teeth and spent more time in the chair than a person should, i hope it goes well for her!

Boys Betta staht scrappin dat storage wax...

Uintas any one?

Alright peoples, my kid is a rising UofU junior who is not having an easy time finding a house to rent. Needs 3 or more bedrooms. Every house near campus has like 20 showings and it's a madhouse. The houses keep going to groups of girls who apparently people trust more than guys. Shocking.

He's looking on the east side of the school near the stadium.

Responsible kid, business major who cares about school, and has been raised right and he'll take care of the house. And if he doesn't I'll make it right. Anybody have anything they can offer in terms of leads or ideas - or even better houses? If someone got him set up just think of all the free ski waxing you could demand from him in return - which I will damn well make him do. He's in Colorado for the summer but will be there tomorrow to look at a couple houses and fight the hoards, so he'll be there for the next few days...

In all seriousness (though I was being serious about the tuning) if someone set us up there might have to be a serious thank you present involved...

friend's listing
    https://www.apartments.com/7744-s-23...ts-ut/392r90d/

Cottonwood Heights though
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Yeah, he needs to be up by the U. Thanks though Schind. I appreciate it.