Page 40 of 112 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 2790
    Per a very reliable source that guy was miles from sober.

I was attempting to have a chill day at Nordic Valley today. Entire mountain got shut down because of some power outage. I realized it was the numptys from Dominion Energy working on a line that I passed driving in this morning as I was driving out and saw the power line sagging to the ground. Spectacular work from them.

Looks like P.M. sold out tomorrow so debating braving Snowbasin on a New Years Eve weekend day. Expecting it will be slammed.

tetzen - skied sb today. 14 inches at the stake but felt a touch deeper. It's filling in finally which helps. If they could get to strawberry and porky it would spread out real nice, especially with blackouts still happening.

Lines were ok today. between a 2 min to 10 minute wait on jp. I didn't get to the gondy or middle bowl.

Solitude skied extremely well today. Was skeptical about the supposed 8" overnight, but the rope drop on milk run was some of the best skiing this season for me.

Anyone know what's going on with terrain closures at the bird? Pretty surprised mineral + the other alta gates are still closed. Guessing this is staff related?

3 hours to get down from lCC...

...BUT IT WAS TOTALLY WORTH IT!

Dumping in the afternoon, allowed for fresh tracks pretty much all day long

The snow came in with a really sweet bond to the previous layer...was near epic!
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

^Agree! Drank beers until 6:45 and still took over 2 hours to get from Wildcat lot to Sandy....but those last couple laps were worth the red snake. It was dumping dippin dots sideways.

First road closure of the season tonight. Kinda sad to think we may never again get the chance to beat the closure or do running of the bulls.

The amount of top quality turns recently has been reaffirming.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Remember when you used to be able to ski the cirque. Man those were the days.
    Hunting kicks ass.
    Chicks dig Labs.
    I'll keep my job, my money and my guns and you can keep the change.
    From my cold dead hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    .35 inches of water in an hour at the CLN gauge. I think that's a record for my time here.

huge graupel pellets!!
    Name:  20211230 roundup.JPG
Views: 957
Size:  14.7 KB

Alta opening delayed to 11:00a

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Pretty civilized road opening!

Hearing that there was a slide from Baldy to the angle station that took out some trees and a snow gun. Stay safe out there everyone!

Baldy ran to 200' of the angle station from rifle fire in the shoulder.
    Ran through Mambo moguls into Spring Valley.
    One event.
    A 70 year one.
    Prolly get Wildcat and Mambo thru race course for openers.
    Maybe.
    Like I said a few pages back, gonna be nothing or a monster right now.
    Watch yer topknot, boys...
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Man, the last 2 days have been have been incredible after the last couple of crappy seasons. Wednesday had a nice consolidated base with around 6 inches of light fluff on top. The wind was blowing from all directions yesterday and was starting to funk stuff up.
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

Thanks asp for the terrain we did get. Lots of beaters asking about the high t. At least they are getting paid in powder today, as tfw says.

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

website is accurate - no high t at all today? woopwoop

bluebird 24 inch high t laps tomorrow

or mostly cloudy but whatever. keep the S soft for sunday

Got lucky w the condo at the bird today. Family powder day. 16 th chair on zoom (opened 9:30ish) skied over the head untracked blower until we couldn’t anymore. Can’t believe how good of skiers the 10 and 12 year olds are. If you saw a little rocket in a green shell and a larger version in a salmon shell you know.

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Yeah, I’ve been complaining but gotta give props to the Bird patrol today. Last night I was expecting big delays, they did a good job getting stuff open today. Caught Peruvian rope drop from the top, that shit was trenchtown.

No traffic at 10:00 until the 9400 zipper. Up-canyon travel speed seems to be limited to the speed of Alta parking reservation checkers.

Definitely no suckage to be found. Doesn't really get better than bottomless right-side-up 15* blower.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Yeah, I’ve been complaining but gotta give props to the Bird patrol today. Last night I was expecting big delays, they did a good job getting stuff open today. Caught Peruvian rope drop from the top, that shit was trenchtown.

No traffic at 10:00 until the 9400 zipper. Up-canyon travel speed seems to be limited to the speed of Alta parking reservation checkers.
    No reservation checkers at Alta. Think its a automatic license plate scanner on the highway plus a couple foot soldiers walking the lots.

Today did not suck.
    Thanks for the change Dshack.
    Thought I'd talk a bit about deep slab hunting.
    And the fact that a quick inch of water weight oftentimes tips the scale.
    We got 3 quick inches.
    I believe that when hunting the beast we initially weaken deep slab if it does not release with the shot.
    That explosives initially remove some of the holding power of the slab.
    And when we are thumping on stuff like we did out the high t today and don't get results, that we sit on things overnight. Gives things time to strengthen, and the heated explosive shot holes become islands of strength when they freeze.
    One cannot outsmart deep slab.
    Too many cases of deep public post control releases on slopes opened the same day as a big water event after extensive control work.
    Super psyched that we sat on the high t today; it'll still be there tomorrow.
    And we won't have much more to do out that way but a ski through before opening it.
    That slide off of Baldy was a hudge eye opener.
    Thank god it happened when we wanted it to...
    Oh, and today did not suck.
    Last edited by telefreewasatch; 12-31-2021 at 06:56 PM.
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    Today did not suck.
    Thanks for the change Dshack.
    Thought I'd talk a bit about deep slab hunting.
    And the fact that a quick inch of water weight oftentimes tips the scale.
    We got 3 quick inches.
    I believe that when hunting the beast we initially weaken deep slab.
    That explosives initially remove some of the holding power of the slab.
    And when we are thumping on stuff like we did out the high t today and don't get results, that we sit on things overnight. Gives things time to strengthen, and the heated explosive shot holes become islands of strength when they freeze.
    One cannot outsmart deep slab.
    Too many cases of deep public post control releases on slopes opened the same day as a big water event after extensive control work.
    Super psyched that we sat on the high t today; it'll still be there tomorrow.
    And we won't have much more to do out that way but a ski through before opening it.
    That slide off of Baldy was a hudge eye opener.
    Thank god it happened when we wanted it to...
    Oh, and today did not suck.
    Tfw, I remember a similar slide down Mambo years ago...getting very close the old Germania, but at that time it was the bottom terminal. I may have a slide (FOG STUFF) of it.

I hadn't skied Alta in a few seasons and had almost forgot how to play the LCC road closure and terrain opening game. First row at Wildcat delivered a run that was a great cap to 2021 and every other turn after that run was a bonus. Wild seeing the debris from the slide on Baldy, nothing or everything is a good way to think of the snowpack stability right now. Thanks to all LCC patrollers, the combo of PWL, big storm cycle, and holiday crowds has to be exhausting so thanks for delivering on terrain and safety!
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

Solitude produced today! Lots of face snow. Rope drop on Milk Run, everything else was bonus

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Can’t believe Snowbird got the Tram open at 10 today. Was ready to wait until at least Noon.