Page 105 of 112 FirstFirst ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 2790
    They announced general change day info in August. This was an emergency change/change implemented after original change day announcement.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    My conspiracy brain is saying the ski buses are getting kneecapped to make the gondola seem more appealing
    That's only half the conspiracy. The other half is refusing to enforce traction laws.

This is fucked. "We can't afford to pay bus drivers enough to fill open positions, so we'll spend a billion dollars on a gondola instead."

Yeah, but a billion would only cover the salary and benefits of 100 full time, topped out bus drivers for ……140ish years? Clearly not sustainable.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Clearly.

FYI UDOT and UTA are not the same. I get the conspiracy minded aspects of this, but UDOT had zero say in this decision, nor do the orgs share funding. UTA is partially taxpayer funded. I'd much rather see my tax dollars going to increased bus service than the gondola.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Pretty lame. On the plus side, that's fewer people who can get up canyon, so the most crowded days will be marginally less crowded...

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    FYI UDOT and UTA are not the same. I get the conspiracy minded aspects of this, but UDOT had zero say in this decision, nor do the orgs share funding. UTA is partially taxpayer funded. I'd much rather see my tax dollars going to increased bus service than the gondola.
    Give me some credit, I know UTA and UDOT are separate agencies. IIRC, fares only cover ~30% of UTA's operating budget, so it's mostly a public expenditure. Tax dollars are fungible, overall point stands IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by DigSki View Post
    Pretty lame. On the plus side, that's fewer people who can get up canyon, so the most crowded days will be marginally less crowded...
    My preferred 10:40 and 11:10 994 up buses probably won't be affected much, but getting back down the canyon might suck though. Even with two routes and 15-minute service the 4:19 down buses were usually standing room-only when they hit Entry 1.

Wow. After for years being yelled at to take the bus last year I finally listened and made the switch from driving. And now they want everyone back driving on the canyon? With only 2 buses an hour I will have to catch the bus at Old Town Sandy on the way up and ski over to Sunnyside to catch it on the way down. I don't think anyone at Creekside is getting a lift at the end of the day.

Wow, that's going to really mess things up, especially on weekends when it was usually a full bus every 15 minutes. Also once things get snarled (and they're never on time) it was nice knowing there were a few buses on route so if you missed one the next was only 15 behind it.
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Let's phrase this in more frank and honest terms: bus service in LCC is being reduced by 75%.

That's insane.

Pay Rate: $20.00/hr training for up to nine (9) weeks. $21.44/hr after training with guaranteed pay increases every six months for the next five years up to $25.69/hr

https://careers.rideuta.com/jobs/10483642-bus-driver
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Let's phrase this in more frank and honest terms: bus service in LCC is being reduced by 75%.

That's insane.
    Insane. What will they get, 2, maybe 3 buses up the canyon on pow days before lifts spin…? That’s less than 200 people…

http://www.parkcityskiboot.com/newsite/

Anybody use these guys? New boots are priority #1 this season. Other option is Surefoot right?

Quote Originally Posted by Yukonrider View Post
    Pay Rate: $20.00/hr training for up to nine (9) weeks. $21.44/hr after training with guaranteed pay increases every six months for the next five years up to $25.69/hr

https://careers.rideuta.com/jobs/10483642-bus-driver
    Why take a shitty job driving a bus up the canyon when you can just work at Alta as a lifty and make nearly the same wage lol.

Vibes to you SLC folks, a 75% reduction in bus service in LCC is fucking crazy. I was just planning a trip and was thinking of going the bus route but no way I'm going to risk that vs driving myself.

Anybody use these guys? New boots are priority #1 this season. Other option is Surefoot right?
    Are you looking at that level of custom? Mandy at Level9 is a great fitter as well. Came from OC at the long gone Inkline foot science.

Been using them for years. 4+ boots fitted there. Brett is the real deal....if you can't over his
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post

That's insane.
    ^^ indeed. that's game changer for sure.

We use him as well. Get in early before he’s full…..

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Just make the appointment. Soon. They have fitted several pairs for my family over last 10+ years. He is not cheap but boots are the most important thing. I even have Brent make footbeds for hiking shoes.

I have no first hand experience but I have not heard great things about Sorefoot.

That's the most mags I've ever seen agree on something, making an appointment tomorrow.

I'm sure that the bus lines between SLC and Ogden are directly effected by the gondola.

It would be one thing if it was only LCC, but district wide?

Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post
    I'm sure that the bus lines between SLC and Ogden are directly effected by the gondola.

I hate the gondola but I don't think this is a conspiracy but rather good old fashioned dumbassery.

Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post

"Bury the lead."
    Quote Originally Posted by googledidoo View Post
    I hate the gondola but I don't think this is a conspiracy but rather good old fashioned dumbassery.
    Yeah, UTA and Hanlon's Razor are like peas and carrots.

Quote Originally Posted by googledidoo View Post
    I don't see a conspiracy either, employers are all short handed, why would UTA be any different? Enhanced bus service is also a part of option B so UTA will see more need for buses not less. They will also need to shuttle people form the various Park & Rides. While looking at some of the info in the UDOT summary it showed the travel time from the base to Alta as 55 minutes. When you figure in driving for example to the 9400 Park & Ride, waiting for a bus, taking bus to the Gondola, waiting 10 minutes to get loaded in a cabin etc etc I think it could be two hours between leaving home in Sandy and arriving up canyon on a busy day. Might as well drive and have all my gear with me.

It is estimated to take 55 minutes to run from the base near the mouth of the canyon to a terminus in Alta, about 25 to 30 minutes quicker than the projected time to drive up the canyon in 2050. The enhanced bus service under the plan is expected to reach Alta in 43 minutes.

Lastly all the projections about more traffic in 2050 or whatever year you want to put out there does not take into account that parking at SB & Alta is already space limited so why would you have more vehicles when there is no place to put them?