Page 103 of 112 FirstFirst ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 2790
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Link to non paywall?
    If you click to stop loading the page (in chrome it's right next to back / forward icons, it's an x) before the paywall popup appears it won't appear. Works on a lot of paywalls.

Wasatch 21/22 - We're All Here 'Cause We're Not All There!

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Wow, I have no idea what basin lifties make, but I know patrol doesn’t start anywhere near that.
    Might be increasing..

We had a lift foreman from Alta leave to be head of lift ops at WPR. I thought he said $22/hr starting, but I drink a lot.

Alta wages went up 20% last year and this years rumor of another $3/hr raise, bringing the minimum to $18 for first year employees with a $1/hr bonus for every hour worked if you stick it out for the whole season. $4/hr raise for returning employees.

Snowbird starting wage $18/hr if you job has you skiing. $20/hr indoor jobs.
    Last edited by tBatt; 09-13-2022 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post
    Might be increasing..

We had a lift foreman from Alta leave to be head of lift ops at WPR. I thought he said $22/hr starting, but I drink a lot.

Alta wages went up 20% last year and this years rumor of another $3/hr raise, bringing the minimum to $18 for first year employees with a $1/hr bonus for every hour worked if you stick it out for the whole season. $4/hr raise for returning employees.

Snowbird starting wage $18/hr if you job has you skiing. $20/hr indoor jobs.
    That’s a pretty nice bump from the $6.5/hr I was making when I was there.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...cednbbme?hl=en

this extension is great on desktop for paywall removal

My meatball of a brain cannot understand what is actually being said in the Cardiff article. Can anyone translate?
    What is restricted? Who? What does this mean for hiking and skiing?

Quote Originally Posted by patchorang View Post
    My meatball of a brain cannot understand what is actually being said in the Cardiff article. Can anyone translate?
    What is restricted? Who? What does this mean for hiking and skiing?
    The formal agreement to allow public access across private parcels in Cardiff is now null and void. If you are on private land in Cardiff expect to be confronted and harassed if a property owner encounters you, and expect the property owners to liberally interpret where their property lines are. The property owners don't seem to be big fans of exercise, so with the gate secured the higher up you are in the drainage the less likely you are to encounter one of them. Once the snow is deep enough to ride a snowmobile over the gate expect them to start moto-poaching the road again and harassing skiers accessing from LCC.

Hey does anyone have a bike travel bag that I can borrow in the first week of October? I'd need it the third through the 11th. Hoping to go back to Chicago and sneak in a ride with my bike checked as a luggage bag.

Quote Originally Posted by CirqueScaler View Post
    Hey does anyone have a bike travel bag that I can borrow in the first week of October? I'd need it the third through the 11th. Hoping to go back to Chicago and sneak in a ride with my bike checked as a luggage bag.
    I asked the same thing in Wasatch Bike Thread for an earlier trip this summer. After reading a bunch of posts, I ended up using a cardboard bike box I picked up at Contender Bikes (they had a ton of boxes to choose from). Delta Airlines had no issues with it and I was able to checked it in as regular "checked baggage".

Just a consideration if you can't find a bike bag to borrow.
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Chicago has a fairly robust bike share program. Yes, the bikes are tanks. But the biggest hill is probably 200 feet, if that.

Wasatch 21/22 - We're All Here 'Cause We're Not All There!

The Catholic Diocese of SLC announced they’re against the gondola. No idea if they have any real influence.

https://www.fox13now.com/news/local-...ject?_amp=true

How often do the UTA ski buses run? I swear I searched for a reasonable amount of time but came up empty. UTA site doesn't show shit since it's the off-season.
    Also, for those of you who utilize it, what's your opinion? Strategy? Is it even a reasonable alternative on a weekend powder day? Are the buses always full by the time they reach the stops close to the mouth? I'd imagine during the week it's a pretty good alternative to paying for parking at Solitude. Haven't considered the bus until this year. fak idk

Up buses run every 15 minutes until 9 then every half hour thereafter. Reverse that for down buses starting at 4 I think.

The bus is awesome for LCC but probably sucks for BCC. LCC has two routes but BCC only has one, and BCC is a much longer ride. I believe full buses at the mouth are common if you're trying to be there for opening.

Quote Originally Posted by TheK12 View Post
    I asked the same thing in Wasatch Bike Thread for an earlier trip this summer. After reading a bunch of posts, I ended up using a cardboard bike box I picked up at Contender Bikes (they had a ton of boxes to choose from). Delta Airlines had no issues with it and I was able to checked it in as regular "checked baggage".

Just a consideration if you can't find a bike bag to borrow.
    Okay sick, thanks a lot. I'm flying Delta, so that's really helpful. also considering joining rapha cycle club since I'll be there a week.

Chicago has a fairly robust bike share program. Yes, the bikes are tanks. But the biggest hill is probably 200 feet, if that.
    Thanks, but I'm trying to go on an actual ride. I grew up there but moved and want to do one last ride w/ my old group.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Up buses run every 15 minutes until 9 then every half hour thereafter. Reverse that for down buses starting at 4 I think.

The bus is awesome for LCC but probably sucks for BCC. LCC has two routes but BCC only has one, and BCC is a much longer ride. I believe full buses at the mouth are common if you're trying to be there for opening.
    I wouldn’t say it sucks for BCC. With a small amount of planning it can be super convenient - it’s really nice to not have to drive and you meet some interesting people. If you do manage to get on a BCC bus on a pow day they usually skip the traffic line at the mouth, so that’s nice.

Down used to be a cluster, but I think they run some solitude only buses now, so that should help. Or just hop on an up and stay on at Brighton, usually get a seat that way.

Some drivers Mach through all the turns, so if you’re standing it’s a good core warm up before getting on the hill.

Would be nice if they had pissers for the super long rides back, but whatever, just piss your pants.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by seanyutah View Post
    How often do the UTA ski buses run? I swear I searched for a reasonable amount of time but came up empty. UTA site doesn't show shit since it's the off-season.
    Also, for those of you who utilize it, what's your opinion? Strategy? Is it even a reasonable alternative on a weekend powder day? Are the buses always full by the time they reach the stops close to the mouth? I'd imagine during the week it's a pretty good alternative to paying for parking at Solitude. Haven't considered the bus until this year. fak idk
    My knowledge is about BCC.

Every 15 minutes.

I rode 98% from the Wasatch stop up BCC, the trick is the buses get stuck in the same traffic the cars do, so plan accordingly. If it was a pow day I would go up at like 730 or so, and catch the 315 or earlier home. You do not want to be catching the closing bus, I took a 2.5 hour bus ride from Solitude to Wastch Blvd once because I just wanted one more run. Only had to learn that lesson once, let me tell you.

Un-scientifically, it seemed the line to get up LCC was always longer and more upset.

Get a backpack boot/helmet bag, and Voile strap your skis and poles together and you'll have a much nicer time. There's a couple seats where you can lean your skis up and not have them fly around in the turns.
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Anyone else hitting the TGR flick at red butte tonight? I'll be there with phall and hangers on. Nothing says ski season like high 80s in late september!!

edit: If anyone has an extra ticket let me know, I have a friend looking
    Last edited by jtran10; 09-19-2022 at 05:39 PM.

Anyone see Linda Paulson's rap video campaigning for Utah State Senate District 12? Oh my God!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by googledidoo View Post
    Anyone see Linda Paulson's rap video campaigning for Utah State Senate District 12? Oh my God!!!!!
    Link?

HA!

https://nypost.com/2022/09/20/utah-r...ign-rap-video/
    dirtbag, not a dentist

The Central Wasatch Commission is having a meeting tomorrow at 2pm to discuss the UDOT gondola proposal. You can join remotely via Zoom. I'm too technologically incompetent to post the proper link but those interested can search for the Central Wasatch Commission website and figure it our from there.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    A quick google turns up nothing on what they are offering pay wise. Did you find anything? I imagine it'd be pretty easy to get a bunch of Snowbasin employees to jump ship with a slight pay raise.
    I found out that their minimum pay rate is $20 an hour, patrol likely starts at $22. If anyone cares.

42 yr. troller here making 19.75 an hour.
    New hires making more...
    Hmm. Momma was right!

For us, it never was about the wage.
    It was about the lifestyle. Never wanted to know other's raises. Specially folks I thought shoulda been canned.
    Few regrets about our lifestyle choices.
    Could die tomorrow with no regrets...

Tbatt yer saying I might break 20$ this year?
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    New hires making more...
    Hmm. Momma was right!

It was about the lifestyle. Never wanted to know other's raises. Specially folks I thought shoulda been canned.

Those wages Tbatt are quoting is for Snowbasin and not Alta. Seems like Snowbasin wages are just slightly ahead of Alta. But Alta will probably pay you $20-plus this season.

Quote Originally Posted by googledidoo View Post
    Those wages Tbatt are quoting is for Snowbasin and not Alta. Seems like Snowbasin wages are just slightly ahead of Alta. But Alta will probably pay you $20-plus this season.
    The wages I was citing are for Alta.

ZZZ was talking about Snowbasin.

Sounds like Solitude is starting around $19 as well. I said $18 before for Snowbird. Most recently I heard $18.75.

Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post
    The wages I was citing are for Alta.

ZZZ was talking about Snowbasin.

Sounds like Solitude is starting around $19 as well. I said $18 before for Snowbird. Most recently I heard $18.75.
    My mistake. Thanks for clarifying. That's some serious bulljive that TFW is making less than new hires. Head over to HR and give them hell, TFW.

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    New hires making more...
    Hmm. Momma was right!

Seriously? How many years have you been there?

And you aren't just running wrecks, you do a lot of snow safety work, right?

If so, that's kind of F-d man.
    dirtbag, not a dentist