Page 39 of 112 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by new yabyum View Post
    Good article in the SL Tribune today, Alta infested with the 'Rona, a good time to avoid the bus crowds me thinks.
    https://www.sltrib.com/news/environm...-ski-industry/

Some content gold in that article.

Any word on how park city patrol negotiations went last night?

Quote Originally Posted by Yukonrider View Post
    Next bus in 40 minutes, UTA supervisor says it's almost full. The rest of the busses are stuck in traffic and will be here "eventually".

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    I had a parking reservation and was flying solo yesterday, so I stopped by this bus stop seeing if anyone needed a ride to Alta. No takers...

Quote Originally Posted by bthomson22 View Post
    I had a parking reservation and was flying solo yesterday, so I stopped by this bus stop seeing if anyone needed a ride to Alta. No takers...
    Was that you in the grey 4runner? I was heading up to Solitude or I'd have taken that offer
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Great article lmao. there's a line in there for everyone

Next bus in 40 minutes, UTA supervisor says it's almost full. The rest of the busses are stuck in traffic and will be here "eventually".
    What time was that? I took the bus to Snowbird on the 18th. Left my house at 8:20, caught the 8:40 994 at Highland and was in line at Zoom by 8:58. Quit skiing at 1:40, caught the 1:50 bus down and was home by 2:25. Granted, it was not snowing, but it was a bluebird post-storm Saturday and the lot looked jammed. Will ride again, but I would be far less enthused about using the bus for BCC since the ride is much longer, there's only one route running vs. two in LCC, and the pedestrian signal at Cardiff fubars upper BCC traffic regardless of weather.

Semi-related: Does anyone have info on how quickly the 4+ carpool-only lots at Snowbird fill up on weekends? We have some friends with Bird passes that tend to be on the "Leave home at 10:00 am" plan. I'm curious how likely it is to get a spot in one of those if we show up late morning with a full car.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Likely the best line

"The lodges rimming Alta’s base..."

Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post
    Likely the best line

"The lodges rimming Alta’s base..."
    Superb visual.

How come no one's talking about the skiing going from zero to hero the last week and a half?
    Skiing's as good as it gets this time of year anymore.
    Bout avalanches, seems like nothing or monsters right now, no in between.
    Choose wisely, grasshoppers...
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Anyone else have some good parking lot stoke to share?

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    What time was that?
    Right about 10am. The 730 bus I took once was far more relaxed, but I sat in the lodge for 30 minutes before anything opened. Really it isn't too terrible, still better than messing with parking up there. Seems like BCC is the bigger CF of the two. Also seems like Brighton gets FUBARd harder than Solitude for some reason
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Seems like BCC is the bigger CF of the two. Also seems like Brighton gets FUBARd harder than Solitude for some reason
    Only on ikon blackout days...

Quote Originally Posted by lemonhead View Post
    Only on ikon blackout days...
    Shades of FUBAR.

But as TFW implied above, the skiing is pretty effing good out there right now!!!! Stoke is high, the forecast is good, and the lifts are spinning. The getting is currently good, lets see some more stoke!

no issues with the bus yesterday. very quiet in grizzly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	quiet.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	401.9 KB 
ID:	398792

Name:	turns.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	296.0 KB 
ID:	398793

Shades of FUBAR.

But as TFW implied above, the skiing is pretty effing good out there right now!!!! Stoke is high, the forecast is good, and the lifts are spinning. The getting is currently good, lets see some more stoke!
    Lift lines at the bird have been surprisingly small considering it's a holiday week. Somebody told me that they blacked out the icon base pass for the holidays. If true that would explain it. Anyway, my buddy and I skied fresh lines 6 times in a row on weds. Knee deep or more in lovely trees. Tourons apparently just don't know where to go and hadn't gone there. As my buddy puts it, "To avoid the tourons, you must think like a touron. And then ski where the touron doesn't want to go." Very stoked!

Yes, Ikon base pass is blacked out from the 26th of dec to the 2nd of jan, and it's VERY VERY VERY noticeable... Noticeably awesome that is!

For the last few years the ikon blackouts (this week, presidents weekend) have felt like a trip back to 2010 in terms of crowding. It's a nice breath of fresh air.

If this forecast pans out tomorrow could be a hell of a day...assuming the road opens and Snowbird gets more than Chickadee open.

Don't worry, I'm sure gadzoom will be open at the normal 12:00 noon opening time!

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    got the god up porter yesterday

got out with the better 1/2 and the tgrapp for a pp3 to bear trap
    suck limited to ridgetop winds and my uphill capabilities and the old ladies tree avoidance

stoked to add to the maggots ive shared turns with list
    thanks fer the binders coffee and safety stuffs
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Solo tour today. It was blustery

Name:	IMG_1963.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	152.7 KB 
ID:	398835
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

pretty fucking stoked to get to ski with dibs on his birthday. excellent snow, great views, a healthy amount of wind, and few people. his spanser is an absolute crusher, too.

hbd man

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Happy Happy Dibs! Hope it’s been a kind day.

High winds but north facing goodness

Name:	Image1640910092.712171.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	398912

Name:	Image1640910104.582981.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	179.5 KB 
ID:	398913

4 o’clock run was deep and empty

Name:	Image1640910143.010914.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	166.3 KB 
ID:	398914

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Nice day out there today.

That aside, I hate to once again complain…. But, what the fuck was up with udot letting everything up there in the morning knowing full well an afternoon storm was coming???? I’m sure I wasn’t the only person in that down canyon snake and laughing at the idiot in the Altima stuffed into the snowbank at the China wall.

I hate to jump on the conspiracy bandwagon, but it seems they want problems.

In my skim of IG earlier, that Altima is famous.