Page 18 of 112 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    Are $1600 ski boots a real thing? Jeebus..

Mine were $2200 after boot work.

Want to ski this weekend it but $155 plus $15 to park at Alta. Any buddy passes for bcc or lcc?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

No paid parking or reservations at Alta until 12/18. Fcfs.

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    That's what I paid for my Benz

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kevintheskier View Post
    I have been trying to buy a parking pass for years...eh.
    If you jumped on it reasonably early you could have bought a parking pass no problem. The next recommendation is to go ahead and buy a condo. That will go nicely with your $1600 boots while you are waiting for the Seven Summits pass to become available to buy.

Club Med coming to Snowbasin in 2024??? How is this going to effect the beloved mountain? I bet $1600 ski boots will be the norm and there will be no issues with parking. Juxtapose PowMow and Snowbasin Club Med. I'll take PowMow please
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    Pffft, 8k, where you been.

Still has small feet, needs 22.5 to get touring boots. I'm not overly anxious about starting that process, let the kid have fun riding lifts.
    Shouda kept the cat
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevintheskier View Post
    I have been trying to buy a parking pass for years...eh. The will doesn't matter if they are sold out before they are even on sale. I have also been wait listed for the Seven Summits and Base Camp programs for years... eh. Got any other ideas, eh?
    all the real big willie playas
    go silver or gold passes
    the bums dont buy em
    801 521 8102
    i guess its 13 seasons now
    best skibum gig evarz
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Club Med coming to Snowbasin in 2024??? How is this going to effect the beloved mountain? I bet $1600 ski boots will be the norm and there will be no issues with parking. Juxtapose PowMow and Snowbasin Club Med. I'll take PowMow please
    This was actually announced about 6 weeks ago or so. In addition to the Club Med the vision is that will be part of a high-end village with condos as well.

Judging by the FB and IG comments after the announcement, locals aren't happy about it. Snowbasin management is spinning it as a necessary move to stay independently viable rather than selling to Vail or Ikon.

Utah has been discovered and it looks like new development is focusing on luxury. This may push many of us locals exclusively to the backcountry before too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    No paid parking or reservations at Alta until 12/18. Fcfs.

parking is free but a ticket to ride is $150. what a deal

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer-Down View Post
    parking is free but a ticket to ride is $150. what a deal
    That is similar to Disneyland. Which is what is slowly happening to Utah resort skiing, especially at the Bird with their Fast Tracks bullshit.

While I absolutely can't wait to do some storm skiing on Thursday and Friday, just be cautious. There will be a lot of land sharks out there.
    ...I hope this is not a prelude to 2020-2021 redux, where most of the storms rolled in for the weekend.

***ANTI-JINX***
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by googledidoo View Post
    That is similar to Disneyland. Which is what is slowly happening to all resort skiing, especially at the Bird with their Fast Tracks bullshit.
    FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    While I absolutely can't wait to do some storm skiing on Thursday and Friday, just be cautious. There will be a lot of land sharks out there.
    ...I hope this is not a prelude to 2020-2021 redux, where most of the storms rolled in for the weekend.

***ANTI-JINX***
    i will miss these marginal conditions. the hot laps have been plentiful. the chalk has been exceptionally firm but still smooth enough to get it in the air and face. these easy days at Alta are over until...

***JINX***
    bumps are for poor people

Quote Originally Posted by googledidoo View Post
    That is similar to Disneyland. Which is what is slowly happening to Utah resort skiing, especially at the Bird with their Fast Tracks bullshit.
    So for about $250 you get 1.5 runs of untracked snow vs 0.75……

Utah is amazing, and I’m thankful for my time there, but I’m also very glad I don’t live there anymore. I’d kill myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    I’m also very glad I don’t live there anymore. I’d kill myself.
    Thanks for chiming in!

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    My ski boots were only $2000, but I have two pairs

These storms couldn't arrive soon enough it's getting very desperate out there. Thought about going somewhere "new" this morning but sometimes I just can't bear taking off my skis to walk on dirt to go ski in marginal conditions.

If you killed yourself you wouldn't live anywhere anymore!

For the record, my boots were a normal price I was just fake one-upping the social weirdo troll earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    These storms couldn't arrive soon enough it's getting very desperate out there. Thought about going somewhere "new" this morning but sometimes I just can't bear taking off my skis to walk on dirt to go ski in marginal conditions.
    ^^ amen. skied in mill d two saturday's ago and no snow below 8500' so a shit ton of walking

Guessing Alta mags are (not) looking for Tahoe mags to come join the party ;-), thinking of hitting the road tomorrow for a couple days at Alta, does patrol open Baldy chutes on weekends or does it generally stay closed sat/sun?

My boots were cheap and walking across the lot is ok...
    Like I told my last wife, I never drive faster than I can see, besides it's all in the reflexes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
    Guessing Alta mags are (not) looking for Tahoe mags to come join the party ;-), thinking of hitting the road tomorrow for a couple days at Alta, does patrol open Baldy chutes on weekends or does it generally stay closed sat/sun?

My boots were cheap and walking across the lot is ok...
    Doubt it will be open this weekend given the storm. They don't close it on weekends, specifically, its weather/conditions dependent. However, could be a sunday open this weekend if all the cards align.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Interesting letter from the TOA Mayor: Message from the Mayor about Parking in Alta – Town of Alta | State of Utah | Official Site

Seems ASL is taking a hard line on no pre-8am parking...

Also yea - very very excited for the next 4 days

Thanks Phall, hope y'all get covered well tonight / through the storm!
    Like I told my last wife, I never drive faster than I can see, besides it's all in the reflexes.

Quote Originally Posted by wasatch_carpetbagger View Post
    Interesting letter from the TOA Mayor: Message from the Mayor about Parking in Alta – Town of Alta | State of Utah | Official Site

Seems ASL is taking a hard line on no pre-8am parking...

Also yea - very very excited for the next 4 days
    There was discussion of allowing parking 6-8am in the Grizzly lot, but still paid.