Page 79 of 112 FirstFirst ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 2790
    I figured all MC was crusty.

Anyone hear about the death at PCMR on April 1? Local kid...Chuck...I think that he was a Winter School grad. Fell off a cliff near King Con lift? All second hand. Posted on A. Hall gram feed.
    Could this possibly be a very bad April Fool's prank? It is no where in the news.
    Last edited by schindlerpiste; 04-03-2022 at 09:26 AM.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

YO DIBS-Hey bro trying to contact you or Djongo. Both your Inboxes be full.

JP ender day. still some smooth to be found.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2285.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	411873
    bumps are for poor people

tgapp and I just did 2 jp laps at about 230ish. It was better yesterday and could ski the whole lift line soft. A bit more firm today

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    YO DIBS-Hey bro trying to contact you or Djongo. Both your Inboxes be full.
    ill clean mine or stop by hes here at my crib
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by NBABUCKS1 View Post
    tgapp and I just did 2 jp laps at about 230ish. It was better yesterday and could ski the whole lift line soft. A bit more firm today
    ^^ happy to close out the JP season with you, that was a ton of fun.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NBABUCKS1 View Post
    Similar story at the Bird. Still fun but didn't soften quite as nicely. Had this happen:

Drove home, got new skis, drove back up and kept skiing. God I love living here.

Yea really super fun last few days at the bird. Was on last tram of the year and last original tram boxes for ever. End of an era. Lots of old schoolers showed up for the occasion. They gave everyone on last tram snowbird Yeti’s, that was kinda cool. Don’t know if we’ll make it back down again. Decent year considering. Thanks for skiing!
    Hunting kicks ass.
    Chicks dig Labs.
    I'll keep my job, my money and my guns and you can keep the change.
    From my cold dead hands.

Why are there no dogs (I assume canines) allowed in Little and Big Cottonwood canyons?

Super fun day at the bird! Got a ride in the red and blue tram to close er down, but we were done before the closing bell. I think LTD was the highlight of the day for me in terms of snow quality, untouched, perfect corn just like mamma used to cook up. Today certainly had closing day vibes, but looking forward to the new tram!

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by thebirdhunter View Post
    Yea really super fun last few days at the bird. Was on last tram of the year and last original tram boxes for ever. End of an era. Lots of old schoolers showed up for the occasion. They gave everyone on last tram snowbird Yeti’s, that was kinda cool. Don’t know if we’ll make it back down again. Decent year considering. Thanks for skiing!
    I was happy to make four laps today, spent way too much money per lift ride this season. My usual 60+ days turned into maybe 10 so far. Don’t get old and eat shit.

I’ve had some skiing apathy this year, shoulder injury and my annual covid shit severely limited my days. Today recharged me, snow was great and then hanging on the bypass till we were the last to leave made up for it. Several friends got those Yeti’s, Snowbird is consistent with the schwag.

Quote Originally Posted by wickstad View Post
    Why are there no dogs (I assume canines) allowed in Little and Big Cottonwood canyons?
    Bcc and lcc are watershed areas, they(along with the rest of the canyons on the front supply in the neighborhood of 90% of the water for the majority of the salt lake area. Unchecked canine access would be a major detriment to the quality of the water coming off the mountain. Something about the presence of e.coli, other bacterias, and things that are much higher level contaminates than Wild animal feces. I’m a dog owner and while millcreek can be a gong show, I’m ok and will continue to support not allowing canines up those canyons.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

DTM, did you have fun skiing down on one ski? Happened to me with a pair of old freerides. Had duct tape and some wire, but my MacGuyver skills were lacking. Oh well all in a day on the hill.

Was hoping to give the blue and red a proper send off, but am saddled with a nagging torn calf muscle. Never fun. Hoping to be back for highboy.
    Looking forward to burning a few atop the new high-speed spaceships on a bluebird day.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    i watched the crackhead ski down the timp exit on less than a foot of snow and one ski
    haz helicoils come see me and sheldon at the millcreek l9 and keep that ski skiing bring the dog to visit
    stoked to meet sum mags but bummed i missed soli sunday with dad duties
    rollin up for solimonday with the bakemaster b, his crotchfruit, djongo and the tfw
    ask fer change if your up
    and sadly that young ripper who passed at pcmr story is true
    sip
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    DTM, did you have fun skiing down on one ski?
    It's a long ass way down from the bottom of Silver Fox on one ski.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    haz helicoils come see me and sheldon at the millcreek l9 and keep that ski skiing bring the dog to visit
    Let me ponder that. These skis are getting a bit long in the tooth and the bindings are '90s vintage so I'm thinking about taking it as a sign that I should get new skis and some bindings made in this century.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    It's a long ass way down from the bottom of Silver Fox on one ski.

Let me ponder that. These skis are getting a bit long in the tooth and the bindings are '90s vintage so I'm thinking about taking it as a sign that I should get new skis and some bindings made in this century.
    Pour one out for another Sickle no longer with us. I wish they’d bring those skis back.

Regarding the PCMR fatality:

Name:	IMG_2227.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	365.1 KB 
ID:	412002

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Regarding the PCMR fatality:

Name:	IMG_2227.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	365.1 KB 
ID:	412002
    https://www.ksl.com/article/50381548...ountain-resort

Wasatch 21/22 - We're All Here 'Cause We're Not All There!

X-post from sprockets for more SLC eyes…

Quote Originally Posted by skivan View Post
    Hey! Anyone in Ogden/N SLC around to do a bike favor? I’ve found a kids bike in Farmington for jr but the seller won’t drop the bike at a shop to ship to Boise. If you’re looking for a good kids 24” MTB for reasonably cheap, I think the guys has two.

I’m asking you to fill in for me as a local buyer (I’ll ppal him) and you’d just be receiving and delivering to a shop to ship. Thanks for you help!
    Or instead of shipping, if anyone coming north to Boise has space I’d gladly appreciate it. Little dude won’t need the bike for a bit but I can’t stop him from growing.
    Last edited by skivan; 04-05-2022 at 05:09 PM.

The article says he fell off a cliff in the King Kong lift area, where are the cliffs there though??
    I can't visualize anything consequential like that on that part of the mountain, it's mostly just blue groomer heaven there if my memory serves me correctly.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

There are some small cliffs facing PCMR/golf course that are accessible from King Con.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

^^^ Tragic. Doesn't take much of a cliff to have serious consequences unfortunately...

Winter made an appearance today, I felt really unprepared after weeks of roasting. Winds were howling on Kessler, it didn't snow much but I think anything that fell lower in the canyon got blown straight onto the mower. The skinner was single use only, it kept disappearing between runs.
    It made for perfect conditions though, 6 to 8" of dense wind buff, just enough to make the crust unnoticeable. Anything below 8.5k was damp, moisture is creeping out of the snowpack from last night's rain and soaking into the new snow already. Lower Cardiff is pretty much gone, the road is completely melted out and the skinner to get to the ridge is basically back to being the summer trail. Made for a sporty exit but April pow is always worth it.

Name:	PXL_20220405_183201431.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	412128

Name:	PXL_20220405_183553685.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	1.72 MB 
ID:	412129
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Nice one Boissal!

Skied Alta for lunch. It was really fun, not quite a sleeper pow day, but those words were said on a chairlift ride. I did get a lot of face shots, but the wind likely helped lol. Kinda had to pick where you turned, but luckily you could easily tell the new snow from the old frozen brown ice. Figured I'd do high boy to end the day and it was so good had to do another!

The brown patches are nice to avoid high speed maneuvers that begin in great snow and end in a patch of bulletproof stuff for sure!
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise