Page 66 of 112 FirstFirst ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 2790
    Quote Originally Posted by CirqueScaler View Post
    Almost cried when I got to this part of the open snow

Attachment 408026
    About right. Leaving for Selkirks/Monashees north of Revy on the 17th. Guaranteed to dump here at home… always does! Not complaining though. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

does anyone have a forecast that goes out farther than 336 hours? I'm trying to figure out my plans for the week following the Equinox (Mar 21-27)

Is this a dream or is Alta now off the Ikon Base pass?!?

How many days is that? weather.com goes out 10 days.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post
    <3333333333333333333333

AND snowbasin & sun valley on full ikon

Snowbasin off of Epic but joined Ikon AND Mountain Collective? No idea how that increases or decreases crowds, but it sounds bad?

IKON is stepping up with Snowbasin, Sun Valley and Cham.! Like SB and SV, I will give EPIC the boot in favor of Alta mid-week and full IKON.

So, the Base Pass still comes with 5 Snowbird, but no Alta. The Base Plus Pass (reminds me of the spitting scene in Animal House) comes with 5 Alta/Bird for a $200 supplement.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Pretty thrilled about this

Now ASL allow midweek parking before 6am and all(most? some...) sins will be forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    does anyone have a forecast that goes out farther than 336 hours? I'm trying to figure out my plans for the week following the Equinox (Mar 21-27)
    Powderbuoy, bro. PM NBA BUCKS

wouldn't get too excited about alta/bird not being on ikon base. They are on ikon pass which is 7 days and has NO blackouts. whereas in the past ikon was blacked out presidents and mlk weekend I think.

I think every local ikon skier buys ikon plus (alta and deer valley) but there is no real value in the pass for the local boarders other than 7 more days at bird and jhmr if they want to travel to a 'close' resort..
    Last edited by NBABUCKS1; 03-03-2022 at 12:13 PM.

I guess it depends on how many base vs full passes they sell, which probably isn't public info

Alta.bird was always on base and premium, premium had no blackout days, it was 5 days base (w/blackout), 7 days premium(no blackout). Now people will have to spring for the full or the base+ to get alta, bird will remain on base option. Your Alta days on base+ will be altabird combined and have blackouts same blackouts as base. Base plus vs. unlimited is only $100 more, vs. base vs. unlimited at $300 increase.
    I bet it will save some traffic at Alta.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

https://www.pivotalweather.com/model...qpf_acc&fh=384. Hope that extra 50 is helpful!

nevermind finally found a farmers almanac

Snowbasin locals are pissed about the Ikon, MC, and raised season passes: https://www.instagram.com/p/Capct7GlnRm/

It is a bummer about season pass prices for families - locals are probably not as wealthy as SLC-ers overall.

gotchu boo boo, this should be updating soon. accurate to .0000x

https://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/produc...dictions/WK34/

^^^ there's no daily break down, how am i supposed to know what day to plan for a rest day?

^^^ there's no daily break down, how am i supposed to know what day to plan for a rest day?
    Just don’t plan a rest day this weekend. It’s certain to be the deepest skiing of the last few years…

Any chance I can park behind the GMD next to the school and clinic? I don’t have a parking res, but refuse to sit this cycle out!

Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    Just don’t plan a rest day this weekend. It’s certain to be the deepest skiing of the last few years…

Any chance I can park behind the GMD next to the school and clinic? I don’t have a parking res, but refuse to sit this cycle out!
    ^^^Can I do this too?

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    ^^^Can I do this too?
    Moar the merrier!

Drilling my new 142mm waisted powder skis (although I actually think they will be pretty versatile in hardpack too) right now!

All I can tell you is that they're checking and writing tickets elsewhere. I parked at 11:45 on Super Bowl Sunday just uphill of Alta Lodge without a resy, there was plenty of parking, and folks were heading down canyon... I got back to a yellow envelope on the window (with a Breckenridge address) and a printed photo of my license plate on the ticket inside. They wrote the ticket at 12:02pm and to top it off, a buddy who arrived at the same time and parked 3 cars further uphill (in same zone) didn't get one... Didn't read it closely, thought I had 30 days to pay... Wrong! Fuckers only give you 10 days and nobody to call/complain if after 10 days, and they DOUBLED the fine - went from $75 to $150, plus a nice $3 "convenience" fee... Needless to say, I learned my lesson, but I gave them hell once they shared a customer support email for me use...

The real pisser was that morning I tried to exchange one of my "free" passes I get with my AB pass for later that morning, knowing full well there would be open spaces, but to try, I first had to cancel a resy I already had for an upcoming weekend, which once I tried, it wouldn't let me complete, so I also lost the weekend day in the future that I already held as well... What a cluster!!!!

Wasatch 21/22 - We're All Here 'Cause We're Not All There!

Hey y’all I’m heading down your way next and would like to get some turns in. I’m thinking the Solitude/Brighton area. I don’t need epic terrain just decent turns and shorter lift lines/less parking hassle would be better. I’ve only skied one day at Snowbird in the past so I’m pretty unfamiliar with the area.

What’s the MTB situation like down in the valley right now? Worth throwing my bike in the van?

If we see limited precip in the valley, there will be some MTB available on shoreline, and I hear antelope island is riding well already.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

There are a few dry trails (some of the solar trails near Corner Canyon, some BST sections) but all the most fun trails will not be rideable next week. You might be able to get some decent riding in at Eagle Mountain depending on how much precip we get but its a further drive than the skiing. Luckily the skiing should be quite good so no need for an mtb

Quote Originally Posted by ski_the_fraulein View Post
    All I can tell you is that they're checking and writing tickets elsewhere. I parked at 11:45 on Super Bowl Sunday just uphill of Alta Lodge without a resy, there was plenty of parking, and folks were heading down canyon... I got back to a yellow envelope on the window (with a Breckenridge address) and a printed photo of my license plate on the ticket inside. They wrote the ticket at 12:02pm and to top it off, a buddy who arrived at the same time and parked 3 cars further uphill (in same zone) didn't get one... Didn't read it closely, thought I had 30 days to pay... Wrong! Fuckers only give you 10 days and nobody to call/complain if after 10 days, and they DOUBLED the fine - went from $75 to $150, plus a nice $3 "convenience" fee... Needless to say, I learned my lesson, but I gave them hell once they shared a customer support email for me use...

The real pisser was that morning I tried to exchange one of my "free" passes I get with my AB pass for later that morning, knowing full well there would be open spaces, but to try, I first had to cancel a resy I already had for an upcoming weekend, which once I tried, it wouldn't let me complete, so I also lost the weekend day in the future that I already held as well... What a cluster!!!!
    the trick is to just throw those tickets away......