Page 58 of 112 FirstFirst ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 2790
    Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Also, no emissions? Really? I mean, the bins don't have a fucking tailpipe spewing exhaust fumes but I'm pretty sure the thing isn't powered by Jebus' good will.

I'm also not sure giant steel towers are doing more to preserve the natural experience than a road that's already in place... but, they wrote it down, it simply must be true.
    If you dig into the EIS the gondi will actually produce 25% more GHG emissions than the bus option. Particulates are obviously a different story, but the busses eventually will be electric anyway. The tallest tower will be as tall as the State Capitol building and the City Creek Regent, and there will be 22 of them. It's incredible how openly disingenuous GondolaWorks is.

Sweet suffer fest!

These are Utah Republican Real Estate developers, truth is not there long suit.

Good work Boissal! Those gullies are always fun in Jan. high pressure when they're not full of frozen wet debris like the spring, eh?
    The usual two weeks of Jan high pressure have grown into six this year...
    Collected those gullies and faces in the 80's.
    Only guy around hauling alpine gear on Vert's predecessor and crampons.
    Alpine touring gear was in its infancy and shitty, nordic gear was leather and lace.
    Zero competition.
    Good adventures...

D-Roc anything can happen with any snowpack on any given year, but those facets are so deep on anything but S like Lone Star says that if we get significant snow, and if we have high PI rates when we get to a tipping point, we will have widespread avalanching.
    Gonna have that threat for the rest of the winter.
    The whole west is in pretty much the same situation.
    Sometimes snow comes in dribs and drabs eventually healing facets without suddenly overloading them and the weakest of packs which one is certain will be a problem, is not.
    There's a pretty deep layer to heal this year and we need water round here so let's hope it is a problem.

Dan, I sold my place in the resort for 5 million.
    Gonna be tower 5.
    Last edited by telefreewasatch; 02-10-2022 at 10:55 PM.
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    FKNA, getting paid. Glad I got to hang on the porch when I did.

eta: So, beers are on you then?
    Last edited by Dantheman; 02-10-2022 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Corn for breakfast, corn for lunch, what it this, Iowa??

Sowing:

Attachment 405347
    ^^^ LP or WP? Making a plan for tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by johnny's dad View Post
    Gonna be tower 5.
    for real? resort property no mo? can I still put my trampoline in the cistern? Tires in tact n all?
    Last edited by tBatt; 02-11-2022 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    Gonna be tower 5.
    Say What?

Not the same experience of the Kessler sluff but I had an interesting experience today. ESE facing 10,500-11,000'. Party was stopped mid slope at a dog leg and I skied below them and cut out to a ridge line to the left. I turned around a rock outcropping and dropped 3-4' into a ... facet crevasse? Large facets had grown around the outcropping into weak sugary snow, large enough for a body with skis to fall into. There was easily another 3-4' I could have fallen down. Shoulda grabbed a pic but shoulda/coulda/woulda. Great run other than a large core shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    FKNA, getting paid. Glad I got to hang on the porch when I did.

eta: So, beers are on you then?
    Yessir!
    They tried to make me take six mil, but I talked them down.

tBatt you can have the cistern, I'll help you move it.

Sorry Baron, hadda make gondi humor...
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post
    ^^^ LP or WP? Making a plan for tomorrow....
    Well it's tomorrow but.....

Looked like MB to me (what Boissal skied).... LP went clean on Wednesday but the top off of the ridge was getting pretty thin. Dropped in at 245, firm up top but quickly softened and I enjoyed corn for the rest of the run. Top 3 LP run for me and a first getting smooth corn skiing most of the way (usually it's roller balled by the time corn is ripe for harvesting). Skis on the whole time, no shenanigans, yet. It's been getting a lot of traffic lately I'm guessing, but in my opinion, that daily scrap makes it ski better in corn conditions. WP doesn't look worth it to me, but maybe you like it mixed and spicy.

Name:  PXL_20220209_215926916.jpg
Views: 1100
Size:  173.7 KB

It was Maybird, good eye. WP is definitely the most adventurous of the S facing goodies with that lower cliff band, I wonder if it even goes right now. Probably some serious bush climbing on the left side to get past the rocks. I guess Limber Pine is even worse but this one is probably not a realistic objective this year.
    Agree that the traffic helps in smoothing things out and keeping a decent booter in place. And corn is clearly better at this time of the year, better refreezes and less super hot afternoons to start moving snow around. Can't say I'd take it over the regular powder program but if it's corn or nothing I'll happily take the corn!
    Last edited by Boissal; 02-11-2022 at 10:55 AM.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

I've heard WP is f'd. A group last week went up WP and said it was so bad that they went over to LP

Final slab just let loose. 27 degrees W facing. Been waiting for weeks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1644596057.528179.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	405441

Name:	Image1644596084.581658.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	405442

Quote Originally Posted by CirqueScaler View Post
    I've heard WP is f'd. A group last week went up WP and said it was so bad that they went over to LP
    I've walked up White Pine 4x over the years and only skied it once. The other 3 times I escaped into Little Pine thinking it would be better (it usually wasn't).
    I think most people, myself included, boot up the right branch of White Pine. It's the natural way to go but it faces SW so it gets beat to shit by the afternoon sun then freezes solid overnight and doesn't thaw until early to mid afternoon. When you get to the top of that mess and stare into Little Pine which is SE facing at the top and has already softened, it's easy to change your plans and bail on White Pine.

The key to ski a good White Pine is to drop in the SE aspects below the top of the east peak of Drom (the peak that is at the far east end of Tanner's amphitheater). Those shots are real beauties, tons of little fingers that are steeper than Little Pine and run for 1500' before meeting the gut of White Pine (much more of you veer skier's right in the trees). Getting to the top of those takes more time and effort though.
    Last edited by Boissal; 02-11-2022 at 05:31 PM. Reason: left and right issues
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Has anyone skied Mill A Gulch recently? Seems like a nice way to access the corn runs off Raymond, and I am tired of getting there via Butler and Millcreek so getting curious about the third option. Are there a lot of dry spots that require walking? Is it legal to park along the road by the little shack?

Damn good beta Boissal, thanks a lot. Don't let the gatekeepers know you're putting all this stuff on the internet!

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    Has anyone skied Mill A Gulch recently? Seems like a nice way to access the corn runs off Raymond, and I am tired of getting there via Butler and Millcreek so getting curious about the third option. Are there a lot of dry spots that require walking? Is it legal to park along the road by the little shack?
    I've skied down Mill A a bunch but only been up it from the bottom in the summer. Kinda sucked. I'd much rather approach it from Butler.

I'd think you could park there. Plenty of room and its on the far side of the road. At least I've seen cars there without tickets on their windshields...

Quote Originally Posted by CirqueScaler View Post
    Damn good beta Boissal, thanks a lot. Don't let the gatekeepers know you're putting all this stuff on the internet!
    What I didn't disclose is the fact that the bottom of the SE facing fingers is, well, sporty. So is the entrance actually.
    Everyone's too busy skiing Tanners or LP to worry about the other lines up there anyway. Always blows my mind how little imagination most people seem to have when it comes to line choice. If St Andrew didn't put it in his book does it even exist?

Edit: slogging up MillA is something to do once just to see what it's like. You may like Butler a bit more after that. Brian speaks truth.

Anyone at the Bird today? I'm going to do some house chorin' while things warm up, grab the 11:40 bus and be in line at Zoom at noon.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    saffron or the turkey tendon teams always lookin 4 hookups
    Thanks again! Stoked to meet ya and my girlfriend has not stopped talking about Sheldon all day; may have to stop by sometime soon w/ treats for the team

Painting my canvas

Lost and found: keep forgetting to post this but on Tuesday of last week I found a pair of adjustable hiking polls up on the guardsman Pass Road near the Winter gate. They are yours or you know who they belong to, please reach out with a description of the item and we can facilitate a return

Name:	feb12 1.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	405644Click image for larger version. 

Name:	feb 12 2.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	405645 too much wind for open faces up high to corn up but still a beautiful day out

Special Announcements

Scott's Bowl through Scott's Pass is now within Park City Mountain Resorts (PCMR) operating terrain, and Pinecone Ridge on the PCMR side is closed to backcountry travel.

From the avy report today. Excuse me what?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Yea seriously, pulled a page out Bob Ross' book... A Little Sneaky on ya...

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    Special Announcements

Scott's Bowl through Scott's Pass is now within Park City Mountain Resorts (PCMR) operating terrain, and Pinecone Ridge on the PCMR side is closed to backcountry travel.

From the avy report today. Excuse me what?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Will be interested to see how to this plays out.