Page 13 of 112 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    So, this year's Wasatch "Benefit" is only valid on non-holiday weekdays. Weekends and holidays are blacked out. Anybody want to guess at whether black friday is a "holiday"?

I was going to go burn my alta day on thanksgiving but I'm guessing it's not valid due to the holiday blackout. Hoping I can use it friday...

Anybody got info on that?

Quote Originally Posted by googledidoo View Post
    People skills? They're going to need a kevlar jacket, especially in this day and age.
    this is where the sticker program could actually be usefull. have a sticker, you can pass. don't, turn around. a little more clear cut.

Quote Originally Posted by criscam View Post
    this is where the sticker program could actually be usefull. have a sticker, you can pass. don't, turn around. a little more clear cut.
    What about out of state skiers with an appropriate vehicle with appropriate tires and a reservation for 3 nights at the Cliff? Turn them away?

Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    What about out of state skiers with an appropriate vehicle with appropriate tires and a reservation for 3 nights at the Cliff? Turn them away?
    yep

obviously not that simple. maybe out of towners have to take 20 min to get a sticker once in town. would need all the airport rental agencies on board as well. just thinking it could make the poor kids job at the mouth of the canyon a little easier.

From what I gather on Alta parking (from my little research(, there isn't going to be anyone checking reservations at the parking lot like snowbird did, but it will be on license plate, but that may be incorrect, we'll see what happens. could be a lot of tickets issued the first few weeks
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    From what I gather on Alta parking (from my little research(, there isn't going to be anyone checking reservations at the parking lot like snowbird did, but it will be on license plate, but that may be incorrect, we'll see what happens. could be a lot of tickets issued the first few weeks
    Kinda makes sense, that's how they do it at Solitude. Makes it so there's no bottleneck getting into the lot, which is smart. However, slightly different scenario since there aren't reservations at Solitude, they're just checking if you're paid and the parking pass gives you no guarantee of a spot. If the penalty for parking at Alta with no reservation isn't big I suspect we'll see quite a few people just taking it on the chin and going up without a reservation if it's a big day.

Quote Originally Posted by DigSki View Post
    Kinda makes sense, that's how they do it at Solitude. Makes it so there's no bottleneck getting into the lot, which is smart. However, slightly different scenario since there aren't reservations at Solitude, they're just checking if you're paid and the parking pass gives you no guarantee of a spot. If the penalty for parking at Alta with no reservation isn't big I suspect we'll see quite a few people just taking it on the chin and going up without a reservation if it's a big day.
    about the same price as a day of fastrax

Anyone go up to Brighton today? May go out tomorrow just for fun
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Quote Originally Posted by boardtodeath View Post
    So, this year's Wasatch "Benefit" is only valid on non-holiday weekdays. Weekends and holidays are blacked out. Anybody want to guess at whether black friday is a "holiday"?

I was going to go burn my alta day on thanksgiving but I'm guessing it's not valid due to the holiday blackout. Hoping I can use it friday...

Anybody got info on that?
    “Wasatch Benefit is not valid on weekends or holidays, blackout dates are Saturdays & Sundays along with December 25, 2021 - January 2, 2022; January 15 - 17; February 19 - 21.”

I’d say you’re good to go for Friday.

Just a reminder that this holiday season and all winter long there are many homeless and poor folk living in the Wasatch. Kindly donate to the UT. food bank by way of the Sillytude website and enter to win a really groovy ugly sweater.
    https://secure.utahfoodbank.org/site...nal&fr_id=1160
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Just a reminder that this holiday season and all winter long there are many homeless and poor folk living in the Wasatch. Kindly donate to the UT. food bank by way of the Sillytude website and enter to win a really groovy ugly sweater.
    https://secure.utahfoodbank.org/site...nal&fr_id=1160
    Good post. I will donate to Utah food bank.

But wholeheartedly FUCK SOLITUDE and fuck Ikon.

I will not give that shit fuck resort 1$ more than I absolutely have to. Given that I live in the canyon I need to pay to ski and to park. But that’s it. There are no more of my dollars going to that Shitty fucking company. Words are difficult to fully convey the decline in quality of life of canyon residents over the past 10years. It’s fucking incredible and this year is shaping up to be the worst yet.

If you have a million bucks and want a “nice roomy cabin” in the canyon shoot me a PM. I’m Considering offers!!

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post

I will not give that shit fuck resort 1$ more than I absolutely have to. Given that I live in the canyon I need to pay to ski and to park. But that’s it. There are no more of my dollars going to that Shitty fucking company. Words are difficult to fully convey the decline in quality of life of canyon residents over the past 10years. It’s fucking incredible and this year is shaping up to be the worst yet.

If you have a million bucks and want a “nice roomy cabin” in the canyon shoot me a PM. I’m Considering offers!!
    But their new COO seems so...friendly lol.

Lighten Up, Francis....

(in all seriousness i do agree with you, and btw hope your doing well my friend)
    You took too much man, too much, too much

Huh.
    Seems like you gave me shit when I went off on my diatribe over this exact shit a while back.

Interesting

Big milestone achieved today....solo tow rope for my 2 YO!! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211124_114300.jpeg 
Views:	110 
Size:	49.2 KB 
ID:	393880

FKNA!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post
    Big milestone achieved today....solo tow rope for my 2 YO!! Click image for larger version. 

DUDE!! Absolutely killer. Congrats!!!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post

So that's where you were.
    No one had change for a nickel in Collin's lift line @ 0900 on the best opening day since 2016.
    Wassup mags?
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

I heard Alta was great today. The WROD at Solitude was fun, but crowded.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-11-24 at 3.14.45 PM.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	393904
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    Huh.
    Seems like you gave me shit when I went off on my diatribe over this exact shit a while back.

Interesting
    no shit? well dayum, the things people do.

anyway, that's my rant for the pre season. i'll try and keep my reports in this thread to actual data driven content from here on out.

This just in! The Angry Inch descends upon BCC!

Hope y'all have a nice holiday weekend...and i do look forward to seeing the posse out there soon. cheers

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    I heard the Alta was great today. The WROD at Solitude was fun, but crowded.
    fify

no shit? well dayum, the things people do.

anyway, that's my rant for the pre season. i'll try and keep my reports in this thread to actual data driven content from here on out.

This just in! The Angry Inch descends upon BCC!

Hope y'all have a nice holiday weekend...and i do look forward to seeing the posse out there soon. cheers
    Ditto.
    And if there is one thing I've learned along life's path its that things change.
    Rarely for the better.
    Sorry that another great place has become about the almighty dollar...

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    So did you pop your Utah cherry?
    Inquiring minds want to know.
    Pics or it didn't happen...

Yep. I went up to Alta and skied a chute/couloir down Baldy. Dunno the name of the line but it was pretty bony and REAL tight at a few points. So much for taking the skis for a walk on low angle terrain haha

Quote Originally Posted by MegaStoke View Post

Yep. I went up to Alta and skied a chute/couloir down Baldy. Dunno the name of the line but it was pretty bony and REAL tight at a few points. So much for taking the skis for a walk on low angle terrain haha
    That is considered low angle 'round here.
    Gonna open that bony terrain for the public tomorrow...
    And its not "Alta".
    Its the Alta.
    Had to correct Schindlerpiste on the same a moment ago.

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    Gonna open that bony terrain for the public tomorrow...
    No shit eh? Glad y'all are out there getting some. Days like this make me miss the LCC.