Page 14 of 112 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    No shit eh? Glad y'all are out there getting some. Days like this make me miss the LCC.
    Thanks.
    And glad to see you know its the LCC, not LCC.
    Dayum, five posts in one sitting. Gotta be a record.
    Musta been a good day...
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    no shit? well dayum, the things people do.

anyway, that's my rant for the pre season. i'll try and keep my reports in this thread to actual data driven content from here on out.

This just in! The Angry Inch descends upon BCC!

Hope y'all have a nice holiday weekend...and i do look forward to seeing the posse out there soon. cheers
    No worries.
    Just struck me as funny.

The whole things been a real kick to the yarbles

Alta was great. Jtran convinced me to ask my boss for the pm off once my 2pm meeting got canceled and had a nice few runs. Great to be back and great to have a marg at the PDOG.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Alta Opening day was sweet!

I didn't check forecast ,so I didn't expect to get knee deep untracked runs the 1st 2 hours ;lol in my retro jean jacket and jeans combo. Got some deep thigh and chest shots

Still ice falls hiding in a few tighter slots -at this point check out a run before charging it.

Wildcat seemed a good choice all mornin' ;no line, and got more untracked lines to start the day -I expect the masses at collins wanted to hit high t 1st off-to bad that was closed. Though I heard the lower backside delivered.

Fred's delivered with super fun snow to carve after lunch

an inch on parking lot, allowed you to ski to the car
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

^^ I had left my windows down for a few days and didn't realize it. That inch looked really nice all over the interior of my car.
    Pretty good skiing yesterday, even for not getting out til 3

Giving thanks.
    Every day. All day.
    Happy turkey day, all.

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    Giving thanks.
    Every day. All day.
    Happy turkey day, all.
    And to all of you Utah knuckle heads.

Posting to follow.

Happy thanksgiving ya nerds

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Saw this today at Tanners. No EMS so guessing everyone was OK.

Did a jitterbooter for the first and last time this season today, ha. The long way around backside seems like less effort. Hb from the top was $$. Get it while it’s good!

^nice! Found some surfy soft turns off the backside booter which quickly turned into breakable crust mank past the traverse. Just thankful to be riding chairs again!

Edit: Just sent you a PM phall, I'm pretty sure I met you at a mutual friend's pie and beer day party a few years back. Small world.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211126_104213.jpeg 
Views:	138 
Size:	63.4 KB 
ID:	394174

Wasatch 21/22 - We're All Here 'Cause We're Not All There!

Is there a consensus on who the best boot fitter in the SLC area is? I need to get some punches done on a few boots I already own, and I’m also in the market for a new pair of touring boots in the 1300g-1550g class. Who should I go see?

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Did a jitterbooter for the first and last time this season today, ha. The long way around backside seems like less effort. Hb from the top was $$. Get it while it’s good!

i did four yesterday and can barely move today. hopefully can get back tomorrow as the face shots were primo.
    bumps are for poor people

Quote Originally Posted by MegaStoke View Post
    Is there a consensus on who the best boot fitter in the SLC area is? I need to get some punches done on a few boots I already own, and I’m also in the market for a new pair of touring boots in the 1300g-1550g class. Who should I go see?
    I like Mandy at level 9 millcreek, she’s done great work for me and worked for OC at Inkline for years and bought all his gear when he hung it up. Not sure what their options for touring boots but she could give you a consult, skimoco is the premier touring shop but not sure how their fitters arez

I would second Mandy.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaStoke View Post
    curtis at sports den is phenomenal

If you already have purchased boots basically any tech can punch your boots. It’s shockingly easy to do if you have the some basic tools (I’ve been doing my own for a long time). For as many skiers/ski areas as there are in the SLC area there is a significant deficiency in good boot fitters, who’ll get you into the right boot before punching. If you need top of the line fitting John Feig at Canyon Sports in Holladay is a skier and physical therapist who can set you up with the ultimate custom fit. But he’s not cheap. Full boot sole canting, foot beds, punches, analysis of your personal physical anatomy, the whole works. There’s also full on World Cup boot fitters in PC but they’re unnecessary for most mortals. If you’re worried that you don’t know exactly what you want for some simple punches, just go somewhere where you can get punches go ski and come in for adjustments slope side. Way easier than a fitter that’s 10+ miles from the chairlift. Carey Jones at Alta ski shop Albion or J-rock at the motherlode at GMD at Alta are both good and at the bottom of the chair at Alta.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    The long way around backside seems like less effort. Hb from the top was $$. Get it while it’s good!

... not sure?? It is getting packed in pretty good though so one can actually skate a few shorter sections of it. The High Guy is still skiing excellent as of last run yesterday. All entrances are basically rock free. Those bushes mid-line by the mine are a hassle to deal with though. Best to go all the way right or left before reaching them. The apron is skiing as good as it gets. Giggly fun!
    "... she'll never need a doctor; 'cause I check her out all day"

Anyone knkw what's going on on Superior right now?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Looks like a rescue op in progress on S Superior....hope it turns out ok

“How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Impressive flying. Good work team. Odd that it was a skier, they appeared to be on the s. Ridge. Maybe going the sporty way to suicide? But it doesn’t even look like you could get out of that chute right now without some serious rock work down low

Can't believe more people don't get hurt/killed on that ridge.
    Folk's skills are better than meets the eye...

Kinda like opening bony terrain for in area skiing.
    We used to think that it would be negligent to open stuff up with little snow.
    That we'd have all kinds of head injuries, etc.
    Jerry and Karen have proven otherwise.
    Though skis have taken it on the head...

Quote Originally Posted by Xover View Post
    ... not sure?? It is getting packed in pretty good though so one can actually skate a few shorter sections of it. The High Guy is still skiing excellent as of last run yesterday. All entrances are basically rock free. Those bushes mid-line by the mine are a hassle to deal with though. Best to go all the way right or left before reaching them. The apron is skiing as good as it gets. Giggly fun!
    Hey loser, I might be down there this winter to ski with kid. We should connect so I can kick you in the ballz.......