Page 9 of 112 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    I'm pretty sure the first few weekends in Dec don't require a reservation. But I still agree this is gonna be a cluster.

I've got family altabird and only got 1 code with 2 uses in my email this morning (my wife didn't get 1). I'm assuming I should have gotten 2 codes for 4 uses. Off to a great start.

Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    That’s not what I saw. To me it looks like 12/18 is the first day they are even doing reserved parking
    Ahh maybe so. I just assumed they were sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    Ahh maybe so. I just assumed they were sold out.
    I thought reserving spots was pretty seamless and intuitive.

The only real problems I foresee are people showing up without reservations, playing stupid, and hassling the parking crew when asked to present their QR code. I can see a lot of people telling each other how long they’ve been skiing LCC, etc. and causing road delays in the process.

Got my 2 and booked this AM - not too bad. What will be interesting is what happens as these dates draw nearer and either Ullr hasn’t cooperated or I select to ski the Bird or somewhere else instead and want to cancel/rebook. How easy will that be as the season progresses? Will there be a compression on the remaining dates adding to more frustration. I sure hope this system can handle the flurry of activity which may occur as weather predictions change or on Sundays when the next weekend opens…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Wait, so is all parking at Alta after 12/18 or whatever on a reservation basis?

I’m usually good for a trip or 3 down that way, just curious as to how this will affect those driving in from out of town who will be purchasing a daily ticket or have ikon.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Wait, so is all parking at Alta after 12/18 or whatever on a reservation basis?

I’m usually good for a trip or 3 down that way, just curious as to how this will affect those driving in from out of town who will be purchasing a daily ticket or have ikon.
    for wknds and holidays before 1 pm. not sure about ikon.

Ikon is required reservation at $25/day for Weekends and Holidays.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Ok, thanks.

Next question, has Alta allocated spaces for day ticket/ikon use? Or is it just one big jumble of reservations?

The whole thing is a bit confusing, it sounds like you can’t just show up to buy a day ticket and park. You’d have to purchase beforehand, guessing online, to receive a parking code for the day? Are there only enough parking codes for # of spaces, or do they give out unlimited codes and it’s first come first serve?

They haven't said if they have separate buckets of spaces for separate pass products. I bet they do for codes (passholders) vs. paid

Correct you can't show up on a weekend morning without a reservation. I would assume they won't oversell parking.

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    They haven't said if they have separate buckets of spaces for separate pass products. I bet they do for codes (passholders) vs. paid

Correct you can't show up on a weekend morning without a reservation. I would assume they won't oversell parking.
    yea they can't oversell parking cause people are technically paying for it (some w pass purchase others just paying online) so would defeat the whole purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    That’s not what I saw. To me it looks like 12/18 is the first day they are even doing reserved parking
    That's right — parking reservations start on 12/18 — none required prior to that date. I got the email around 4am. was easy to make reservations for 12/18 and 12/19.

Anyone else not have the link to make a reservation show up in their email? The button showed up as blank for me - just a black button with no text.

You Alta peeps should start your own thread - 21/22 Alta Parking Questions.

Anyone else not have the link to make a reservation show up in their email? The button showed up as blank for me - just a black button with no text.
    Yep, that happened to me too. Took me a while to figure it out.

Still waiting on the 2nd code to come in for our family pass. Whoever is responsible for managing that "contact us" form is going to hate their life.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    You Alta peeps should start your own thread - 21/22 Alta Parking Questions.
    I second this notion. talking about alta parking is about as anti-stoke as it gets.

No one cares you park at Alta. only beaters ski that place anyways

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    I second this notion. talking about alta parking is about as anti-stoke as it gets.

No one cares you park at Alta. only beaters ski that place anyways
    Thirdeded. I want some stoke here!! Not parking bullshit.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Correct. Not sure of the allocation ratios.

Alta parking discussion feels less anti-stoke than the current 16-day precip outlook.

anyone have any look pivots or other resort bindings for sale? Don't need mega high din. Heading to SLC tomorrow to pick up some skis and would like to get the bindings while there.

please pm if ya do to keep the thread full of stoke

PMd
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Back to some stoke. This kid definitely was to get his first turns of the year. #buckethat
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2943.JPG 
Views:	195 
Size:	549.9 KB 
ID:	391618
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2949.JPG 
Views:	212 
Size:	343.5 KB 
ID:	391619

Checking in. I'm doing winter in the Wasatch this year, got a place in Sandy. Seems like a lot of talk about parking and not a lot of talk about riding the bus? Do people just not take the bus? Seems convenient, easy, cheap. What am I missing?

Anyone want to show me some good BC spots? Or at least where to park to get there, as it seems that's what this thread is about???
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

hello fellow mqt person. nmu grad in 08 here. I have no answers to your questions as i ski up north in weber county land. welcome to the little cottonwood shit show. edit: i see we pm'd awhile back about skis and I had forgotten

Has anyone else heard that you can't park in Alta's lot until 8 AM on reservation days? Sorry to continue the cuntiness.

Quote Originally Posted by NBABUCKS1 View Post
    hello fellow mqt person. nmu grad in 08 here. I have no answers to your questions as i ski up north in weber county land. welcome to the little cottonwood shit show. edit: i see we pm'd awhile back about skis and I had forgotten
    Was it about those Visions? I actually skied them another year, but they're now for sale if you're still interested.
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.