Page 102 of 112 FirstFirst ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 2790
    From Alta's website. "Plan B is going take to take years to implement," they suggest the following:

Implementing winter-long traction laws
    Minimizing canyon closure times
    Improving the traffic merge for Alta and Snowbird skiers
    Providing shoulders for vehicles to queue up while waiting for the canyon to open up, keeping traffic corridors open and flowing

Random but send a PM if any SLC mags want some free beverages. I have two medium coolers worth of assorted cans-seltzers, bloody marys, ipas and other randoms.

Ended up with all the leftovers from a rafting trip even though I hardly drink at home.

Free but you'll have to come to Taylorsville

Has Snowbird installed the replacement red tram yet? Is there a long wait to ride on weekday evenings these days with oktoberfest?

Went to the first weekend of Oktoberfest and they had old red running as counterweight for blue, only running passengers on blue. No damage noted

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Is there an install date for the new Red tram?
    taking the wife & kid there in the spring to show them where it all began for this guy in 84 & def dont want to deal with a single running Tram.

T-40 days until powder skiing and the best season of our lives, folks.

Team,

Do we have any interest in entertaining an ULLR fest with the WASA-MAGs? A grand get together prior to snow flying
    You took too much man, too much, too much

Anyone local need a pair of skis?

180 CRJ, previous mount looks to be for a tele binding. They'll need a tune

Free, with two caveats.
    You're actually going to ski them regularly. I am plenty happy with the way they look hanging in my garage.
    If they don't work for you, you give them away to someone who will use them instead of flipping.

Alternatively, if you have a pair of classic XC skis or fishscales your wife isn't using anymore I would be happy to trade.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20220912_211247419.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	968.3 KB 
ID:	426244

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20220912_211321653.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	988.3 KB 
ID:	426245

^ mount pattern is a 22 designs AXL, Outlaw or Vice

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    Free, with two caveats.
    You're actually going to ski them regularly. I am plenty happy with the way they look hanging in my garage.
    If they don't work for you, you give them away to someone who will use them instead of flipping.
    I'd be stoked to take these off your hands. I'll be honest tho, I don't "need" skis and I'll probably ski them "regularly" a few times a season. But I do have some extra binders and was a big fan of CR Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    I'd be stoked to take these off your hands. I'll be honest tho, I don't "need" skis and I'll probably ski them "regularly" a few times a season. But I do have some extra binders and was a big fan of CR Johnson.
    Brutah, I had PM'd him about these as well, but they should go to you instead of the family member of mine I was thinking of. Ghosthop, please send them over Brutah's way. Hopefully, I'll get to take some turns with you this winter and see them in action.

Was browsing linkedin and things may not run smoothly this winter for all our Wasatch Peaks Ranch skiers.

Name:  y03cmUk.png
Views: 804
Size:  72.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by D-Roc View Post
    Team,

Do we have any interest in entertaining an ULLR fest with the WASA-MAGs? A grand get together prior to snow flying
    Yes

How beautiful is it outside today?? Feelin the turn

Cardiff Fork motorized vehicle drama

https://www.sltrib.com/news/environm...yon-trails-no/

Link to non paywall?

Quote Originally Posted by NBABUCKS1 View Post
    Was browsing linkedin and things may not run smoothly this winter for all our Wasatch Peaks Ranch skiers.

Name:  y03cmUk.png
Views: 804
Size:  72.6 KB
    A quick google turns up nothing on what they are offering pay wise. Did you find anything? I imagine it'd be pretty easy to get a bunch of Snowbasin employees to jump ship with a slight pay raise.

I heard that last season WPR paid more than Snowbasin and know a couple guys who jumped over. They don't let employees ski there on their days off but they will buy their staff a pass at a different resort of their choosing.

I don't work for the local FS anymore, anyone got an inside scoop of whats going on at Cardiff?

https://internetcloning.com/big-cott...ent-collapsed/

This reads like it was run through Google Translate, but it's good enough to get the gist of the situation. Sounds like the same drama as always up there. Owners opted not to extend their motorized access permit believing they have right-of-way for legally-dubious reasons. Owners continued driving up there without having a permit, FS locked the gate, owners cut the lock, FS hardened the gate. Owners are closing public access as retaliation. DOGM had to cancel a mine closure that they had heli'ed in equipment for.

Can't wait to see another scene involving the sheriff and a bunch of fat fucks on snowmobiles harassing people at the bottom of the Hallway cause they're trespassing... Between that and the guy happily turning the road into a minefield with his cat every time it snows, skiing Cardiff is becoming less and less appealing.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Non paywall Cardiff article https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/new...Abgod9wUwxZ2Fg

In theory the snowcat shouldn’t be able to get up there anymore. Its not the same drama as always, the FS is now preventing all motorized access in Cardiff, stopping land owners from being able to get up there

The ranger says they are violating federal law. Is he going to enforce?

Quote Originally Posted by CirqueScaler View Post
    The ranger says they are violating federal law. Is he going to enforce?
    Nah man, hes checking tire treads

Quote Originally Posted by D-Roc View Post
    Nah man, hes checking tire treads
    Lol. Sounds like this won't be solved anytime soon after reading that article.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    A quick google turns up nothing on what they are offering pay wise. Did you find anything? I imagine it'd be pretty easy to get a bunch of Snowbasin employees to jump ship with a slight pay raise.
    I've heard $22/hr starting for lifties.

Curious how the Cardiff closure is going to affect Powderbirds.

Who's gonna get first turns? Time for a new thread?

Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post
    I've heard $22/hr starting for lifties.
    Wow, I have no idea what basin lifties make, but I know patrol doesn’t start anywhere near that.