Page 94 of 112 FirstFirst ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 2790
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    thanks fer that sad news
    cg and the fogs are solisolid peeps

and help make it special
    pay to park n play at mill b, d, spruces and white pine trailheads?
    https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE...prd1041915.pdf
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    Whoa.

Wasatch 21/22 - We're All Here 'Cause We're Not All There!

Duplicate

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Birds aren’t real Attachment 422742

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Goddamn

Seems like the annual up charge to $60 for the mirror lake pass would be all encompassing now?

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Seems like the annual up charge to $60 for the mirror lake pass would be all encompassing now?
    Looks like it which would be glorious.
    Wonder if $10 will reduce day use a bit for places like MillD. Maybe take it from 50 different engagement photoshoots a day down to 40ish...
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

FYI, they sell an $80 option at the kamas (and probably all other) ranger station that's an annual Mirror Lake highway pass, but includes most all USFS fee areas as well as National Parks.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Wonder if $10 will reduce day use a bit for places like MillD. Maybe take it from 50 different engagement photoshoots a day down to 40ish...
    You'll just see a lot more road parking.

From what I've seen, USFS doesn't have enough personel to even remotely come close to enforcing the locations on the new system that were $0 before ....
    "... she'll never need a doctor; 'cause I check her out all day"

They were ticketing out mirror lake Pioneer Day weekend. I think the self pay/self reporters will cover enough, probably some financial work done to do that planning. I hate seeing barriers to entry on public land but the facilities need the work/funding

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    I think this is a good thing overall, BUT Alta and other areas need to fall under the same umbrella/user pass. The uinta-wasatch-cache national forest is all managed as one national forest, there should be one pass to access that national forest. Similar to the NW forest pass which covers most national forest access in Oregon and Washington including a lot of ski area parking areas if I'm not mistaken. This pass should be needed to park at TH parking lots and along roads (they already do this if you park anywhere along the mirror lake hwy)

Having fees or a pass that works at some trailheads in LCC but not all adds to the confusion and expense. Also, I think Millcreek Canyon should fall under this pass. I don't understand why Alta gets special privileges to restrict access and charge their own fees in the summer and winter. Plus none of those fees are going back to the National Forest.

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    I think this is a good thing overall, BUT Alta and other areas need to fall under the same umbrella/user pass. The uinta-wasatch-cache national forest is all managed as one national forest, there should be one pass to access that national forest. Similar to the NW forest pass which covers most national forest access in Oregon and Washington including a lot of ski area parking areas if I'm not mistaken. This pass should be needed to park at TH parking lots and along roads (they already do this if you park anywhere along the mirror lake hwy)

Having fees or a pass that works at some trailheads in LCC but not all adds to the confusion and expense. Also, I think Millcreek Canyon should fall under this pass. I don't understand why Alta gets special privileges to restrict access and charge their own fees in the summer and winter. Plus none of those fees are going back to the National Forest.
    Yup. There needs to be an annual pass for the whole NF. I'm on board with that plan.

Millcreek is will stay on its own program because the fee is imposed by the county. You are not paying the FS, you are paying the county to drive on their road. Notice that the fee booth is located on SL County land, outside the FS boundary. It was set up that way because all of the money funnels directly back into the local FS office where they spend all of it in Millcreek canyon. All FS fee sites are required to go through much more bureaucracy and a significant portion of the revenue get skimmed off. If fees get imposed in the cottonwoods they would be covered by the $80 "America the Beautiful" annual pass which covers all the National Parks and Forests (with a few exceptions) and there will also be some kind of slightly lower cost annual pass that just covers Utah national forest land.

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    Millcreek is will stay on its own program because the fee is imposed by the county. You are not paying the FS, you are paying the county to drive on their road. Notice that the fee booth is located on SL County land, outside the FS boundary. It was set up that way because all of the money funnels directly back into the local FS office where they spend all of it in Millcreek canyon. All FS fee sites are required to go through much more bureaucracy and a significant portion of the revenue get skimmed off. If fees get imposed in the cottonwoods they would be covered by the $80 "America the Beautiful" annual pass which covers all the National Parks and Forests (with a few exceptions) and there will also be some kind of slightly lower cost annual pass that just covers Utah national forest land.
    Huh, how do you know all that? Impressive. And thanks for the info.

I have a Senior Lifetime National Park Pass, so this also covers all FS land?

I have that, too. I think that it covers all NP's only, not national forests. But I have never paid to enter or park at a national forest
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    it covers fs nf day use areas too
    im stoked the fs is taking back the day use areas at strawberry from utah recreation company
    theyre a shitty consigner that doesnt do much
    i wish theyd give em the boot at pineview and make it a state park or fs run
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

holy shit i was out hiking at Brighton Millicent area this morning and heard the YUGE BOOM at 0830. "strange that Alta would be testing any devices right now", checked the radar, nothing. Obviously thought it was either Military or earthquake. Got home, checked some news and apparently it was a meteor hurtling through the atmosphere in our area? did it make impact anywhere??? Any mags see this thing?

It woke me straight outta bed thinking it was another huge thunderstorm.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

I’m working on the SLC temple, and was up on one of the spires. I actually thought the building was collapsing for a second, scared the crap out of me!

Yeah, the noise that thing made.
    Startling. Kinda hair raising.
    Didn't sound like explosives or thunder, more like wtf was that?
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

I don’t know how I missed that. Woke up at 8, was making breakfast listening to JRAD in sugarhouse, our friends around the corner heard it, me, nada.

UPCOMING PARKING CHANGES FOR 2022/23 SEASON
    For the 2022/23 winter season, the Mountain Village base area will move to a parking reservation system with elements of paid parking, free parking, and carpooling and transit incentives. Paid reservations will be implemented at the Main, First Time and Silver King lots. Our goal is to better manage the overall parking experience, help alleviate congestion at our Mountain Village base area and in adjacent neighborhoods, and give guests a variety of options to access the Mountain Village base area.

Reservations will be required seven days a week until 1:00 pm, and will be available online. After 1:00 pm, all parking will be free and no reservations will be required.
    The fee for paid reservations will be $25 per vehicle per day, beginning December 12 through April 2.
    Early and late season parking reservations will be free, but reservations will still be required.
    Reservations will be free for cars with four or more occupants.
    Free parking will remain available at the Canyons Village base area, Park City High School (on weekends and holidays) and High Valley Transit Park-n-Ride locations.
    In partnership with the City, Park City Mountain will establish a new traffic circulation plan in the Mountain Village base area that will prioritize bus and transit access seven days a week.
    Park City Mountain will implement text message alerts to provide updates to text subscribers in real time.
    See the PARK CITY PARKING and FAQ tabs below for more information.

https://www.parkcitymountain.com/exp...re.aspx?tc_1=1

TLDR: Mandatory $25 bucks parking 7 days a week at Park City.

PCMR is basically Vail Village circa 2010-ish. $25 parking, 0 free parking.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Canyons Village still free. They are douchebags for making this move but no different than Snowbird with premium paid parking. Let's not pretend Snowbird aren't corporate asshats either while we shame Vail.