Page 10 of 112 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukonrider View Post
    Checking in. I'm doing winter in the Wasatch this year, got a place in Sandy. Seems like a lot of talk about parking and not a lot of talk about riding the bus? Do people just not take the bus? Seems convenient, easy, cheap. What am I missing?

Anyone want to show me some good BC spots? Or at least where to park to get there, as it seems that's what this thread is about???
    the bus is actually way quicker than driving because of the dedicated per-destination schedule, frequent buses with multiple pickup points, and in-canyon bus lanes, just these old grumpy tgr dentist style dudes refuse to take it cuz they’re bougie.

as for where to park for the BC, the best spot that’s not too busy is probably cardiff in bcc or maybe white pine in lcc. as for stashes, you gotta buy the bros some beers first…

Quote Originally Posted by Yukonrider View Post
    Checking in. I'm doing winter in the Wasatch this year, got a place in Sandy. Seems like a lot of talk about parking and not a lot of talk about riding the bus? Do people just not take the bus? Seems convenient, easy, cheap. What am I missing?
    The bus is generally awesome. Convenient and a decent way to meet people. It gets busy so you have to wait to get on during peak times, but you'll figure that out. On busy days you'll also have to stand and maybe hold your gear, which can actually be a good little warm up going up BCC with the right driver.

Bus will drop you off and pick you up in some BC spots, too!

criscam - I saw you and your son coming down! Liked his bucket hat. I was in a red jacket on skinny skis.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/environm...-upgrades-tap/

Wont impact anything for a few years and something needs to be done for parking alleviation, but not enthused about potentially losing 2yrs of winter road access past the gate. I wonder if they would actually run plows for year round construction or if they will just start and stop as weather permits.

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    the bus is actually way quicker than driving because of the dedicated per-destination schedule, frequent buses with multiple pickup points, and in-canyon bus lanes, just these old grumpy tgr dentist style dudes refuse to take it cuz they’re bougie.

as for where to park for the BC, the best spot that’s not too busy is probably cardiff in bcc or maybe white pine in lcc. as for stashes, you gotta buy the bros some beers first…
    I also love how they invested in ski racks on the buses just like in other sensible ski towns so we don't need to hold onto our skis for dear life as we take the S-curves full speed

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    I also love how they invested in ski racks on the buses just like in other sensible ski towns so we don't need to hold onto our skis for dear life as we take the S-curves full speed
    They actually had racks but took them out for the 19-20 season. Not like the racks helped much, the doors would fly open and all skis would come out when drivers 2 wheeled the S-curve. I took to voile strapping mine to a pole or just laying them on the ground if the bus wasn't packed

Speaking of busses, UTA is hiring drivers if anyone needs work. Seriously, pass it around, the need is severe right now.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    it’s the little things that add up to a world class experience

Looking for a roomate in sugarhouse.

Details:
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...d.php?t=344011

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Seems like SLC has something against public transit, anytime I tell someone I took TRAX they look at me like I'm an alien. Stoked to get up and not have to pay for parking now.

Bus accessed BC skiing would actually be kind of sick, I'll have to take a look at the schedule and take a run up in my loafers to see how the whole thing goes down.
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

yukon - already bought my own pair of visions, thanks tho.

Fantastic dawn patrol this morning. All time conditions.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

me gusta surfy turns

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	main.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	411.3 KB 
ID:	392203

^ Nice boys!
    You took too much man, too much, too much

Best skiing of the year for me today.

In other news, the Town of Alta town hall was interesting this afternoon. Some things to note were ASL and TOA aren't on the same page with their parking reservation systems, with ASL bringing up some concerns with TOA's parking reservation system.... Also, Mike Maughn said they are in ongoing negotiations with both Ikon and EPIC to either change their agreement or switch mega passes altogether, but it doesn't sound like alta will be dropping their participation with one of the mega passes.

I too had the best day of the year. No rocks and fast snow at 11. Bummer about the mega pass stance.

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    Best skiing of the year for me today.

In other news, the Town of Alta town hall was interesting this afternoon. Some things to note were ASL and TOA aren't on the same page with their parking reservation systems, with ASL bringing up some concerns with TOA's parking reservation system.... Also, Mike Maughn said they are in ongoing negotiations with both Ikon and EPIC to either change their agreement or switch mega passes altogether, but it doesn't sound like alta will be dropping their participation with one of the mega passes.
    ASL trying to go to "premier" destination ala Aspen, only available to full Ikon members and not base level.

Also very curious what town parking restrictions are vs resort. No one seems to know.

tick tock...

Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post
    ASL trying to go to "premier" destination ala Aspen, only available to full Ikon members and not base level.
    At first glance, that would seem to be an improvement, but I am curious if they are moving in sync with the bird.

As of now, ikon folks get 5/7 days TOTAL between alta / bird. If Alta went its own way so they were only on full ikon, but bird stayed as is, we could see a scenario where full Ikon pass holders get 14 days in LCC instead of 7....

Quote Originally Posted by wasatch_carpetbagger View Post
    At first glance, that would seem to be an improvement, but I am curious if they are moving in sync with the bird.

As of now, ikon folks get 5/7 days TOTAL between alta / bird. If Alta went its own way so they were only on full ikon, but bird stayed as is, we could see a scenario where full Ikon pass holders get 14 days in LCC instead of 7....
    It would make sense that AltaBird moves in sync. What I can't understand is the economics of Ikon. I would think AltaBird would make more money not being on either and simply sell the day passes directly. They seem popular enough people would still go if they weren't on a big pass.

What was the greenhousing situation yesterday? If I get out it won't be until the heat of the afternoon today, curious about E

I went up in the afternoon. Top half of collins was decent, below angle was pretty warm/heavy.

Wasatch 21/22 - We're All Here 'Cause We're Not All There!

^^^ Shoulder from the connection gate thru aggies skied really well. The 1" of new on top of corduroy was quite a treat. When I was on the 180 road below high boy I was about to peel the skins and go biking.

Seemed to be non-frozen precip around the Alta base for most of last night. Hard to believe it but the roundup showed nearly 0.3" H20 at 8500' with no new snow.

Name:	IMG_5026.JPG 
Views:	148 
Size:	216.3 KB 
ID:	392525
    Last edited by tBatt; 11-12-2021 at 08:32 PM.

^^ agreed. stonecrusher skied suprisingly well in the afternoon

Name:	stonecrusher.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	299.9 KB 
ID:	392550

I honestly had a great time skiing today. A lot of people were skiing crust, but snow in the sun was smooth, and cold, supportable snow was to be found in places that hadn't seen any sun. Driving to the mountain around noon, I had my car's visor down - we are at that time of year! There is a ton of good snow right now.

Fun time skiing w these kids today.

Name:	IMG_2977.JPG 
Views:	145 
Size:	228.7 KB 
ID:	392730

Name:	IMG_3023.JPG 
Views:	153 
Size:	245.5 KB 
ID:	392731