Page 104 of 112 FirstFirst ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 2790
    New hires making more than multi year pros is some fucked up shit and very toxic, makes my blood boil.
    I guess this bullshit is in every industry then, I'm in IT and it's the same deal, the longer you stay and the more loyal you are, then the more fucked you are getting by the company.
    They need to have continuous cost of living adjustment to the long time patroller's.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fantastic_damage View Post
    New hires making more than multi year pros is some fucked up shit and very toxic, makes my blood boil.
    I guess this bullshit is in every industry then, I'm in IT and it's the same deal, the longer you stay and the more loyal you are, then the more fucked you are getting by the company.
    They need to have continuous cost of living adjustment to the long time patroller's.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Seriously with all that is going on these days with jobs and pay etc, these resorts really need to start throwing BIG MONEY at their staff to help these people have a successful career and happy life.

Meant it when I said it's about the life style, not the wage.
    Came to Alta as a new hire 10 yrs ago, and they started me a little above starting wage. 15$?
    Afore that we were at the bird at 65k a year working year round, 30 yrs to get there.
    Took an 80% pay cut at 55 yrs old to leave the bird and continue a quality of life that we deemed worthy.
    Could write a book, or at least a story on how come.
    Not what retirement advisors would advise.
    In hindsight? Worth it.
    Quality of life is priceless...
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Bottom line?
    My wage is from self made choices.
    Proud to own em.

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    Bottom line?
    Proud to own em.
    It's your own business but I don't know why your life choices would have anything to do with being paid less than a new hire. Now if you are telling me your choices mean you get paid less than a doctor, sure. But a new hire?

If you want more money tell Alta HR you immediately want a $5/hour raise or you will pull your public support for the gondola.

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    Bottom line?
    Proud to own em.
    Much respect. If you're skiing around w fucking explosives you should command a much higher wage.

Utah is insane w wages. Low af.

Quality of life and free time trump anything to do w money.

Why’d you leave the Bird?
    You we’re pretty ensconced in the bunker.

Quote Originally Posted by googledidoo View Post
    If you want more money tell Alta HR you immediately want a $5/hour raise or you will pull your public support for the gondola.
    Ha ha, good one.
    Prolly gonna make more than the new hires; haven't seen my raise for the year. Don't care so much. Hadda look up what I made last year; didn't know.
    What Tbatt said about 4$ raise for returning employees prolly means for full timers, but holy shit!
    Way to go, Alta...

Shredhead, long story short, broken chain of command when I left.
    No director of Snow Safety. I was the assistant director.
    Asked for a director, said it oughta be me but would be ok with whomever.
    They said no.
    Asked for a return to being a line troller and was told no. Assistant director to no director was my only alternative.
    Safety was being compromised with the Mtn. manager talking directly with trollers, cat drivers, lift ops, etc. and not going through the snow safety dept. about snow safety matters; broken chain of command.
    He was also a bully and an asshole with both attributes getting worse as he got older...
    Bu bye!

That’s too bad.
    We had a little patrol drama in Aspen last year. But on the whole, our management is pretty good.

Went up to Snowbird today to use our free all day activities passes and check out Oktoberfest. Holy shit, that place is way busier than wintertime. Road parked both sides for miles, huge lines for any rides. Beer lines were ridiculous, at least a half hour to get a beer, the lines between the tents were overlapping at their ends. My son was up there last Sunday and said it was even worse.

It sure seems strange that we’re going to be willing to take tax dollars and construct a boondoggle of epic proportions to enhance their already burgeoning bottom lines. Don’t get me wrong, I recognize the LCC problem. But I don’t understand why those that will benefit the most contribute the least.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Went up to Snowbird today to use our free all day activities passes and check out Oktoberfest. Holy shit, that place is way busier than wintertime. Road parked both sides for miles, huge lines for any rides. Beer lines were ridiculous, at least a half hour to get a beer, the lines between the tents were overlapping at their ends. My son was up there last Sunday and said it was even worse.

It sure seems strange that we’re going to be willing to take tax dollars and construct a boondoggle of epic proportions to enhance their already burgeoning bottom lines. Don’t get me wrong, I recognize the LCC problem. But I don’t understand why those that will benefit the most contribute the least.
    Bob for mayor.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post

Even more maddening the gondola (per spec) will be idle during this period with huge traffic and massive need for public transit. Snowbird managed to bury the fatality from Oktoberfest last year (story) with little blowback and continues to make no effort at providing alternatives as thousands drive drunk down LCC every weekend for two months from their moneymaker.

It's all a sick joke.

Quote Originally Posted by bmoon View Post
    Even more maddening the gondola (per spec) will be idle during this period with huge traffic and massive need for public transit. Snowbird managed to bury the fatality from Oktoberfest last year (story) with little blowback and continues to make no effort at providing alternatives as thousands drive drunk down LCC every weekend for two months from their moneymaker.

It's all a sick joke.
    This.
    I was riding at Alta yesterday and the shit I saw on the way up and down the canyon was sobering. Solid walls of cars on both sides of the road from China Wall to the Superior pullout with yahoos flipping U-turns in traffic to snag spots all over the place. Cars parked straddling the deep ass rut between the pavement and the shoulder. Idiots running along and across the street. Cars trying to get out of their creative parking spots and falling in the rut. People falling in the rut. People swerving in incoming traffic and driving like bags of dicks. Nauseatingly strong brake smell. Even more trash than usual.

I could see the lines from the ridge on my way to riding Silver. I had a friend up there for the weekend, said it was OK as long as you always had someone from the group in line for the beer otherwise you'd run dry with no hope of another round for 30+ minutes. Impossible to get food. They were staying at the Lodge, ordered food 8:15, got it at 10:45. Sounds about as much fun as nailing your dick to a post but what do I know.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by DLD in UT View Post
    "But police say he refused to give police his identity or get out of his car.

"Driver ... rolled up the window and refused to exit the vehicle. Officers noted a strong odor of alcohol coming from the vehicle and then later from the suspect/driver," the affidavit states. "Driver was removed from the vehicle by force and refused to comply with officers."

Rankin continued to resist officers as he was placed in the back of a patrol car and when he arrived at the jail, according to the affidavit.

He was also booked into jail for investigation of driving under the influence, having a gun in his car while under the influence of alcohol, interfering with an arresting officer, reckless driving, having an open container in his car and failing to observe a no-passing zone."

Almost killed multiple cops, had to be forcibly removed from his vehicle, and had a gun in the car, but was not immediately shot; tell me this guy is white, without telling me he's white.

Just as I was about to leave Alta last night a group of 6-8 longboarders decided 5:30 pm on a Sunday night was a good time for a group ride down the canyon. The line of cars stacked up behind them appeared less than amused.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2719.JPG 
Views:	83 
Size:	141.2 KB 
ID:	427646

Anyone want some wax classic skis? 203 Atomic with NNN and 209cm peltonen with profli bindings. Used, loved, I’ve got wax too. Make an offer/beer$.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    [I]
    Just as I was about to leave Alta last night a group of 6-8 longboarders decided 5:30 pm on a Sunday night was a good time for a group ride down the canyon. The line of cars stacked up behind them appeared less than amused.
    Long boarders are worth 100 points

“How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Are they going to finish the Sunnyside chair before the season starts?

Quote Originally Posted by Todds View Post
    Are they going to finish the Sunnyside chair before the season starts?
    what's the latest progress? I haven't been up in a month

Towers getting delivered right now.
    Once all the parts are here, it should be easy going.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Would be really fun now, with the 45 minute wait to get through the traffic signal. Cars backed WAY up, just around blind corners and such.

Wasatch 21/22 - We're All Here 'Cause We're Not All There!

Buckle up, some changes being announced tomorrow by UTA.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Ski Service Routes
    Route 953: Will be suspended
    Route 972: Adjusted from 15-minute to 30-minute service
    Route 994: Adjusted from 15-minute to 30-minute service

My partner works at UTA. This is due to staffing shortages. They cannot meet valley rollouts so some of the non-vital routes are getting some cuts.
    https://rideuta.com/Rider%20Info/Change%20Day

If you or anyone you know is looking for a job, they are hiring drivers.

My conspiracy brain is saying the ski buses are getting kneecapped to make the gondola seem more appealing

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    My conspiracy brain is saying the ski buses are getting kneecapped to make the gondola seem more appealing
    Dont Tonya my Nancy...
    You took too much man, too much, too much

Did they announce this in August? Looks like it's not just ski routes.

UTA Making Emergency Service Adjustments in December due to Bus Operator Shortages

The Utah Transit Authority (UTA) is experiencing staffing shortages and hiring challenges like many other businesses and transit agencies across the nation. As a result of this ongoing shortage, specifically related to bus operators, UTA is making several emergency bus service adjustments on the December 11 Change Day, impacting Weber, Davis and Salt Lake counties, as well as service to Summit County. These changes will include several local routes, ski-service routes, and regional routes. There are no other planned adjustments for these service areas.

Other UTA services, such as Utah County bus service, FrontRunner, TRAX, Paratransit, UTA On Demand, UVX, OGX and the S-Line Streetcar are not currently experiencing staffing issues and are not anticipated to be affected at this time.

Affected Bus Routes

Salt Lake County

Local Routes
    Route 39: Adjusted from 15-minute to 30-minute service
    Route 201: Adjusted from 30-minute to 60-minute service
    Route 218: Adjusted from 30-minute to 60-minute service
    Route 240: Adjusted from 15-minute to 30-minute service; and the route will be streamlined

Ski Service Routes
    Route 953: Will be suspended
    Route 972: Adjusted from 15-minute to 30-minute service
    Route 994: Adjusted from 15-minute to 30-minute service

Salt Lake - Summit Counties

Regional Routes (Park City)
    Route 901: Will be suspended
    Route 902: Shortened to 3900 S. Wasatch Blvd.

Davis - Weber Counties

Local Routes
    Route 603: Certain trips will be suspended
    Route 612: Certain trips will be suspended
    Route 625: Adjusted from 30-minute to 60-minute service
    Route 645: Adjusted from 30-minute to 60-minute
    Route 650: Will be suspended

Ski Service Routes
    Route 674: Restructured to run more mid-day and less peak trips
    Route 675: Restructured to run more mid-day and less peak trips
    Route 677: Restructured to run more mid-day and less peak trips

Regional Routes (Ogden-Salt Lake City)
    Route 455: Certain trips will be suspended
    Route 470: Certain trips will be suspended
    Route 640: Certain trips will be suspended

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Why is UTA experiencing an operator shortage?
    A: A shortage of transit operators persists across the nation, amid staffing shortages and hiring challenges facing multiple business in the transportation industry and many others. Since the pandemic, the number of bus operators across the country have been dropping as many operators retire or seek higher wages in jobs that require less in-person interaction with concerns about exposure.

UTA is no different. We have seen an unanticipated number of operators leave the agency post-pandemic resulting in the current shortages. While hiring challenges affect the entire organization, bus operations has been affected more significantly.

Q: What is UTA doing do address this shortage?
    A: UTA has identified several strategies and steps to address the operator shortage, and we are actively recruiting for bus operators at this time. While we are hopeful these efforts will have an effect long-term, they will not address our immediate need for bus operators in orders to maintain all current service. Some of the strategies include enhancing bus operator support through more coaching, team structures, and restructured work schedules. They also include innovative hiring practices to broaden the candidate base such as an apprenticeship program and early on-boarding for new hires.

Q: Why did UTA decide to reduce service on these routes?
    A: UTA takes service reductions very seriously and recognizes the impact it will have to customers who rely on us. As we responded to this emergency situation, we worked to minimize the impacts as much as possible, and focused on maintaining service for essential riders, the equity of the impacts among all riders, and tried to maintain service and connections all day for the greatest number of people.

Q: Why was my bus route adjusted and what options do I have?
    A: UTA does not take service adjustments lightly. When faced with operator shortages and other issues impacting our service, we look at ridership data and other factors to determine where adjustments can take place in order to maintain service for the greatest number of people.

We also take into consideration what options our customers will have if their route is affected. Most of the impacted routes involved reduced frequency or planned miss trips. For the routes that will be suspended in December, here are options for our riders:
    - Route 901 to Park City: use either Route 39 or Route 902.
    - Route 953 to ski areas: use either Route 972 or Route 994.

Q: Will these emergency service adjustments be temporary?
    A: UTA reviews our operations regularly to determine the best routes, schedules, and services to address the transit needs of our customers. We look at ridership data and trends, operational factors such as availability of operators, and situational impacts in determining the best and most efficient way to deliver safe, reliable, and quality transit services. These efforts will inform us on the continued need for these service adjustments.