Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Dick waving for sure. Lots of that in the trucking world. For a lot of guys the dick swing is more important than profits.

Yesterday this beast came to our facility and parked next to my door to unload. Pretty damned cool. I've seen it on the road as well. Looks like it is all decked out inside as well but I didn't want to bother her as she was on the phone so just gave her the #lgbt ally thumbs up. Takes some courage to drive that thing around.

https://www.freightwaves.com/news/hi...e-themed-truck

Attachment 388754

Well...Now we know what Spook's doing these days...
    Team truckin with Rontele.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    I thought you drove for swift?
    Actually I'm not really a trucker, work at the local 7-11. I just read alot on night shift.
    Nice bitch slap, Sure Wish Iwould Finished Training.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

If that was Spook good for him.

Being a middle aged man who has been in and around the industry from the day I dropped out of college in the early nineties this truck running around with LGBT plastered on it without dealing with untenable amounts of hassle from haters is heartwarming.

I'm sure she gets some hate. But strong people move us forward.

I don't think this would have worked in 1993. In fact I know it wouldn't have.

So as backwards as the world is right now, I take the presence of this wrapped as a step forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Eastern Canada? You can't trust those guys.
    Be careful around eastern Canadian truckers. https://youtu.be/D0u6Lb6RCz4

5 Canadian drivers= 1 Russian driver
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    If that was Spook good for him.

Being a middle aged man who has been in and around the industry from the day I dropped out of college in the early nineties this truck running around with LGBT plastered on it without dealing with untenable amounts of hassle from haters is heartwarming.

I'm sure she gets some hate. But strong people move us forward.

I don't think this would have worked in 1993. In fact I know it wouldn't have.

So as backwards as the world is right now, I take the presence of this wrapped as a step forward.

What does one's religion or sexuality have to do with moving freight from Point A to Point B?
    Last edited by highangle; 10-13-2021 at 02:33 PM.

Nothing. That's what the lady is saying with her paint job.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Looks like ill be plowing snow on secondary highways in the maratime provinces. A welcome change of pace from pushing the bankins over rogers pass on the tch. 140 avy paths that can hit the road in 40km of mostly 2 lane with a lot of tavelling public and commercial truckers that should stay tf home when it snows has showed me some pretty spectacular parking jobs. Kind of fun and some good people to work with but a lot of dumbass trumptard types. Easily the worst part of it. I think ivermectin may make your penis tiny.

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Huge pipe Jonesy!

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    Huge pipe Jonesy!
    80 ft joints(pipe) 300lbs/ft
    Astoria job a few yrs back.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    5 Canadian drivers= 1 Russian driver
    So the russians are full of piss or do the canadians not have enough?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    What does one's religion or sexuality have to do with moving freight from Point A to Point B?
    It has to do with your likelihood to encounter harassment or violence while living and traveling in a rig that’s decorated in a way that will provoke extremists…who you are likely to cross paths with eventually (if not regularly, or periodically) if you put in the typical 100-150k miles-per-year of American driving it takes to pay the bills.

In other words, when you run out of DOT time at some off ramp in bumfuck Mississippi, I think there would have to be a legitimate concern over waking up inside a burning fiberglass truck. Trip planning only gets you so far…shit happens, and imo it’s just safer to be nondescript (you see racist trucks too, and I wonder how they manage to sleep well if they time out in Newark or Gary Indiana or whatever…

Honestly, in this day and age, that makes me sad. WTF ever happened to live and let live?

Yeah, well good for her.

It’s a super good sign that she’s out there doing alright.

I think I'd be nervous sleeping some places in that truck, but maybe I’m paranoid. I dunno. Times are changing, good for her!

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    So the russians are full of piss or do the canadians not have enough?
    Russians are crazy mfs.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Russians are crazy mfs.
    I also used to have a few beers with a couple of Finnish truckers, they are even crazier and i don't think the Russian had much luck trying to invade Finland

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    It has to do with your likelihood to encounter harassment or violence while living and traveling in a rig that’s decorated in a way that will provoke extremists…who you are likely to cross paths with eventually (if not regularly, or periodically) if you put in the typical 100-150k miles-per-year of American driving it takes to pay the bills.

In other words, when you run out of DOT time at some off ramp in bumfuck Mississippi, I think there would have to be a legitimate concern over waking up inside a burning fiberglass truck. Trip planning only gets you so far…shit happens, and imo it’s just safer to be nondescript (you see racist trucks too, and I wonder how they manage to sleep well if they time out in Newark or Gary Indiana or whatever…
    wait a minute so America is or is not violent and dangerous ?

FFS, take a break on berating your point about vast hellscape to your south and just enjoy living in a beautiful Provence with less people than the average metro area here.

In on-point news, the trucking shortage was all over the news this morning. Seems like if one was so inclined to the lifestyle, there's loads of money on the table right now.
    I still call it The Jake.

Violent as fuck. Stay in Canada.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    In on-point news, the trucking shortage was all over the news this morning. Seems like if one was so inclined to the lifestyle, there's loads of money on the table right now.
    The frustrating thing is it's really not.* Ask any trucker. It's tough to make as money as you used to thanks to companies being cheapskates, increased regulatory compliance, etc. Your every move is tracked by GPS now, your logs electronic, and you can get dinged for "violations." Kind of like what Amazon's doing to delivery drivers, they have pretty unrealistic delivery expectations, then monitor your every move to make sure you can't fulfill that, and then get mad at you when you can't.

*That is if you work for any of the mega trucking conglomerates. You can still do alright if you're an independent driver with your own rig. Have a friend who's been doing that while the oilfield's been on hold for a minute. He's doing fine, but it still isn't near the money he used to pull. Add inflation on top of that and the math is even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    The frustrating thing is it's really not.* Ask any trucker. It's tough to make as money as you used to thanks to companies being cheapskates, increased regulatory compliance, etc. Your every move is tracked by GPS now, your logs electronic, and you can get dinged for "violations." Kind of like what Amazon's doing to delivery drivers, they have pretty unrealistic delivery expectations, then monitor your every move to make sure you can't fulfill that, and then get mad at you when you can't.

*That is if you work for any of the mega trucking conglomerates. You can still do alright if you're an independent driver with your own rig. Have a friend who's been doing that while the oilfield's been on hold for a minute. He's doing fine, but it still isn't near the money he used to pull. Add inflation on top of that and the math is even worse.
    QFT

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post

I'm sure that is absolutely the case, apparently no one told the folks at NBC before their story ran this morning from the Manhattan studio.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Violent as fuck. Stay in Canada.
    Thots and prayers

that sit I linked to the guy talks about a couple different ways to get paidand how trucking firms might try to fuck a driver over

Thots and prayers
    Thanks. It's like a Clint Eastwood western down here.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang