Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Finally an option for me to not have to stand in the regular poors line with you cretins.

It's going to be a lot harder to capture Gaper Spirit Animal on film/video.. They will no longer be in the lift line..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

FWIW, if I had the funds, and it would take a lot, I'd totally do it. Makes a holiday or peak weekend day more like a midweek day. Some folks make pretty damned good money but can't easily take a weekday off to avoid crowds.. Workaholics like that also aren't always in good enough shape to rock BC or cat/heli skiing. This will be the folks paying for that..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

I'd be embarrassed to be in that 'fast track' line. Even being the best fucking skier on the mountain riding a snowboard.

Targhee runs an early tracks program where guided groups can ski for a half hour or so before the lifts open. There's always been an unspoken, or sometimes spoken, agreement that they ski specific areas of the mountain so that you know to go elsewhere for untracked snow. The year of covid they started breaking with this and running multiple large groups. It finally came to a head with snowballs, verbal abuse, ski patrol threatening to pull passes and call the sheriff etc. They seem to have it back on track now.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    I'd be embarrassed to be in that 'fast track' line. Even being the best fucking skier on the mountain riding a snowboard.
    The best is when people get in that line even when there is *no* line at all in any of the lanes.

Probably looking to get some more coin out of those IKONers

the local dentists here reserve a backcountry guide for the day when it’s a busy powder day and gain access to the fast line that way.
    $1200 for 4 people and they split it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Sounds about right.

What's an extra $100/day on top your $10,000 5-day luxury ski trip, right? Just get one less massage.
    don’t be silly. they will still get the massage too.
    skid luxury

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    i was considering a corp boycott
    but then i remembered im a freeskier and dont pay em
    maybe ill crank disney tunes on a boom box
    "its a small world after all"
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Good god sfb that’s going too far

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    FWIW, if I had the funds, and it would take a lot, I'd totally do it. Makes a holiday or peak weekend day more like a midweek day. Some folks make pretty damned good money but can't easily take a weekday off to avoid crowds.. Workaholics like that also aren't always in good enough shape to rock BC or cat/heli skiing. This will be the folks paying for that..
    This is definitely going to be marketed to the jet set type. Where time is money, and money is no object.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    the local dentists here reserve a backcountry guide for the day when it’s a busy powder day and gain access to the fast line that way.

don’t be silly. they will still get the massage too.
    Hey, let's not forget the lawyer-types

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    If they actually take you out the gates to the goods $300/person for a guided day and no tram line isn't bad.

Compared to the same service in Europe.

Fast Tracks pass

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Hey, let's not forget the lawyer-types
    And Wall St guys.
    I always recommend it if I’m getting a chance to ski with them 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    If they actually take you out the gates to the goods $300/person for a guided day and no tram line isn't bad.
    It doesn’t include lift ticket, but yeah it’s not the worst deal in the world. Especially for locals with a pass
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    The best is when people get in that line even when there is *no* line at all in any of the lanes.
    How else is everyone supposed to know that they have dentist money?

Quote Originally Posted by gavinski91 View Post
    How else is everyone supposed to know that they have dentist money?
    I would have expected mostly by their Bogner outerwear... but I'm no dentist.

Name:  il_794xN.2424465744_onbx.jpg
Views: 626
Size:  123.6 KB
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

^^^I'd let her take cuts to ride the chair with me.

bet she can stew up some mighty fine farts in that there bag.....

yep.

Don’t Bogner onesies have a fart filter?

My god, ya'll sound like old people. Especially Benny, who is worrying about whose job it is gonna be. Don't worry dude, I'm sure the corps are all over that and don't need your input.

Sierra at Tahoe had a seasonal program like this for years. Rarely did it effect the humble masses. On storm days, I never once saw anyone use those lines. Bluebird Saturday was perhaps different.

Kirkwood used to have a Black Pass that allowed you to skip lines and bring along other friends to fill the chair. You could not use this privilege for first chair on a powder day. I lined up with a maggot and two friends a ecde or so ago on a gorgeous powder morning. After that, we never waited in a line. One of the best on hill powder days. Instead of going to line up for chair 10 when before it opened we just lapped chair 6 until chair 10 started loading and we skied right on past all the poor folks and onto like 12th chair.

I'm sure the humble masses all fucking hated us, but seriously, it effected them by waiting one more chair (there were not that many Black Passes out there).

Maybe wait and see how this program ends up effecting your skiing at your local hill, and then start to complain and whine if it negatively impacts you. I don't mean you are butthurrt cause a few rich folks boarded before you, but actually impacts your wait times by more than a few chairs. Or not, and just bitch abut it all fall so you can get yourselves all grubbing and pissed for day one.

There's a snow ball with your name on it.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    I know people who pay for a private lesson with the sole intention of jumping lines.
    This is standard operating procedure here in Aspen. There are plenty of instructors here who get paid to be a tour-guide and lift-line fast-pass without having to do much real "instructing".
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Joe Joe Junior Shabadoo View Post
    This is standard operating procedure here in Aspen. There are plenty of instructors here who get paid to be a tour-guide and lift-line fast-pass without having to do much real "instructing".
    https://youtu.be/tQoXiEJc_9A
    Last edited by babybear; 10-13-2021 at 10:27 AM.
    skid luxury