Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    To watch a professional at his craft. I'm honored to ski with you, at a safe distance from any backlash. Hey y'all where's the fast track line?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210218_124939.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	207.6 KB 
ID:	391426

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    To watch a professional at his craft. I'm honored to ski with you, at a safe distance from any backlash. Hey y'all where's the fast track line?

Ha! What blows my mind is that sort of line still existed last year during Bachelor's fuckface parking reservation bullshit.

I bought this for me and my family every year it was offered at PCMR. It was awesome. It was also painful for the line crew who had to orchestrate it. Particularly on powder mornings where you were walking past a bunch of people to the shorter line. So, I’m not surprised they’re bringing it with them to the frontside. During holidays, if your skiing with kids, it paid for itself. If you were on expert terrain, there was no special line. But on the crowded chairs, it was golden.

Was it a one time purchase with the season pass or a day rate?

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Was it a one time purchase with the season pass or a day rate?
    One time on your season pass.

How much?

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    How much?
    If you have to ask you can't afford it.

I think for the family (5) it was like an extra pass. It was enough that it hurt, but my wife indicated “we moved here so our kids could ski, so let’s do it”

^^^ I like your wife's attitude.

Its just money, you can always make more.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

NOPE! Heading back to the car and leaving if I see that. I love skiing but have already done enough of it in a lifetime to pass on that shitshow there..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    NOPE! Heading back to the car and leaving if I see that. I love skiing but have already done enough of it in a lifetime to pass on that shitshow there..
    That's not skiing, it's standing in line.
    It's the Car or the Bar......
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

that is my favorite bible quote of all time....

skiing pope fact.

Ugh…

One of the local hills has a $99 season pass, and everyday you have to go check in every morning, show your drivers license and get a day ticket. I hate that so much. Hate the clusterfuck, hate the flapping day ticket, it starts the day off wrong. I just want to roll up to the lift like a passholder. Last year they had this fast pass thingy for like an extra $150 (for the season) where you could get a real pass and not have to get a stupid day ticket every day. So I did it.
    It also comes with access to the special lane. I could never bring myself to use the special lane, but one day the snow was good and the lineup was absurd and I just said, welp, I guess I’m gonna try this thing out. So I did, and honestly the heckling and shady looks actually kind of ruined my day. I did not like being that guy, it was awkward as fuck. I went out to my favorite little steep notch in the trees and just thought about life, skiing…all of it. I really felt like shit. I would have heckled me too, I guess.
    So yeah. There you go.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    that is my favorite bible quote of all time....

skiing pope fact.
    Ah yes, the Gospel of Saint Jonesy the Compassionate, Bishop to the Brothers of Powder Day Saints.
    I am very much a disciple of the “ski, bar or car” path to fulfillment. “One does not find enlightenment standing in a fucking line” is a well known chant of his.

Sadly his teachings didn’t make the cut at the Council of Nicaea in 326AD.

I didn’t realize you’re actually supposed to ski at the mountain? Thought it was all about the drinking

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    I didn’t realize you’re actually supposed to ski at the mountain? Thought it was all about the drinking
    I should get some ON3P boards to pose around the lodge.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

With the season starting at Mammoth, I've been reminded that they've had the Black Pass for over a decade now. Up-front parking, dedicated lift lines, first track days, concierge services, etc. for $10k+. Never heard any outrage about that.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

We're very sensitive in Orygun.

Quote Originally Posted by thefrush View Post
    With the season starting at Mammoth, I've been reminded that they've had the Black Pass for over a decade now. Up-front parking, dedicated lift lines, first track days, concierge services, etc. for $10k+. Never heard any outrage about that.
    Back before Alterra, I always figured the few Black Passes they sold helped keep mine at less than $400, so I was grateful for the handful of wealthy folks who rarely skied but kept my skiing cheap. I've only once met a Black Pass holder on the mountain. And he got his from the lodging he was staying at. Dude shared a chair with me after I waited in a 3 minute line, and he was asking how to get to chair 12. Figured he was not going to cause me any angst.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Ugh…

One of the local hills has a $99 season pass, and everyday you have to go check in every morning, show your drivers license and get a day ticket. I hate that so much. Hate the clusterfuck, hate the flapping day ticket, it starts the day off wrong. I just want to roll up to the lift like a passholder. Last year they had this fast pass thingy for like an extra $150 (for the season) where you could get a real pass and not have to get a stupid day ticket every day. So I did it.
    It also comes with access to the special lane. I could never bring myself to use the special lane, but one day the snow was good and the lineup was absurd and I just said, welp, I guess I’m gonna try this thing out. So I did, and honestly the heckling and shady looks actually kind of ruined my day. I did not like being that guy, it was awkward as fuck. I went out to my favorite little steep notch in the trees and just thought about life, skiing…all of it. I really felt like shit. I would have heckled me too, I guess.
    So yeah. There you go.
    Was thinking about this.

Went back in my phone, that day I was taking some little vids and stuff to send to my wife at home and friends far away. I took a little vid after this fast pass thing. Just uploaded it so I could share here.

It was a weird moment. Like, I don’t want to be an asshole but it seems that sometimes I’m an asshole, it was an unpleasant sensation.
    Also, I never feel more old than when there’s 1000 20-year-olds around me at Mt Bohemia, so that’s always weird too.

Fast Tracks pass

The maggot collective already has a solution to this problem, online shaming. Just look at the G.O.T.O.S. thread.

We need a “Jerry of the day” but for Fast Pass/Tracks user.

Image you are a Regional Sales Manager returning to work after a ski trip that produced many Instagram posts. Your colleague sends you an email asking; “Hey Thad, is this you and the fam using the fast lane at the ski resort?” There is a weblink to FastDoucheTracks.com. Clicking the link you see a video of you and your Bogner clad family bypassing a 20 minute line and getting right on the chair. Many negative things are posted in the comment section.

The Horror.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Back before Alterra, I always figured the few Black Passes they sold helped keep mine at less than $400, so I was grateful for the handful of wealthy folks who rarely skied but kept my skiing cheap. I've only once met a Black Pass holder on the mountain. And he got his from the lodging he was staying at. Dude shared a chair with me after I waited in a 3 minute line, and he was asking how to get to chair 12. Figured he was not going to cause me any angst.
    Sound exactly like the target demographic for the Fast Pass.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

I see they have already installed the special gate you requested, TBS.
    Not to worry, the one at Pine has been installed too!

Name:	Fast Tracks Gate.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	427.7 KB 
ID:	391977
    Crippled but free, I was blind all the time, I was learning to 'ski'.

The best backcountry advice ever given on the TGR forums:

Quote Originally Posted by skibee View Post
    Tits are a good thing, if making a good decision so you can live to see tits again is all that motivates you then so be it!!!

I expect these will be affixed to those gates by 11/27

Name:	ED62E47D-C1BB-4279-9698-4CB836E4720E.jpeg 
Views:	58 
Size:	114.1 KB 
ID:	391978

Available at Skjersaas