Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    As many have said, quite a few resorts have been doing a version of this for quite a while. The only difference is this product will be available on a day to day basis. Seems like the implementation will be very important too.
    Who's gonna do it if it means you have to stop by a ticket window?
    The daily price and purchase will be through the app and your linked CC. You could actually be in a long line and with a few swipes move over to the short line.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Ski resorts on public land should have to pay part of their “premium” revenue back to the public.
    This is how i feel too. Since the bird is on private land it sucks and we have no recourse. Im cancelling my pass there and switching to Alta, im pissed as i was stoked to get a full season at the bird but i got the message, they dont want me there.

From Mt Bachelor management, posted by a user of the Mt Bachelor Conditions page on Facefuck
    Guessing the other Powdr resorts are offering the same deal as well.
    Thank you for writing to us. We understand your concerns. Our management team has approved offering a refund for those guests who request it. This opportunity to receive a refund is an exception and is only available for a short time. If you change your mind after receiving a refund, any future purchases will be at the pricing at that time. Please respond to this email ASAP to confirm your decision.

INFO DESK

Mt. Bachelor LLC & Sun Country Tours

info@mtbachelor.com

541 382-1709
    Will be interesting to see how many outraged passholders take POWDR up on this offer...

Edit: Well it looks like one^^^

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Ski resorts on public land should have to pay part of their “premium” revenue back to the public.
    They do. FS gets a percentage cut of all revenue.

If anyone is interested, here is the standard, boilerplate special use permit that the Forest Service uses for all ski areas leasing forest service land. Buried in there is the equation they use to determine the Forest Service's annual cut of ski area revenue:

https://www.fs.fed.us/r2/recreation/...fs-2700-5b.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    The daily price and purchase will be through the app and your linked CC. You could actually be in a long line and with a few swipes move over to the short line.
    I do think this is a key difference why this may have way more of a negative impact than the current resorts offering fast lanes. Cashing in on powder fever.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I do think this is a key difference why this may have way more of a negative impact than the current resorts offering fast lanes. Cashing in on powder fever.
    The resorts and their (loathsome?) owners have finally figured out that powder is a limited and highly prized commodity. Now, they've figured out how to monetize it.

You guys (liberals/environmentalists) don't want anybody building any new ski resorts or existing ones to expand while also wanting tons more immigration. But then you complain when your lift lines are long. North America has 10 times the mountains of the The Alps yet we have a tiny fraction of their resorts and the resorts we do have are a fraction of their size. Every time Alta or Snowbird or Vail or anyone else tries to expand you all get up in arms and some even resort to eco-terrorism, yet when the ski season comes you then complain about lines. You can't have it both ways. Either let the resorts expand and throw down lifts all over our mountains like in Europe or deal with resorts trying to find ways to manage the massive crowds.

Lift tickets are a lot cheaper over there. Pretty much everything is. What's your point?

Taxes are high Bunz.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Kevintheskier View Post
    You guys (liberals/environmentalists) don't want anybody building any new ski resorts or existing ones to expand while also wanting tons more immigration. But then you complain when your lift lines are long. North America has 10 times the mountains of the The Alps yet we have a tiny fraction of their resorts and the resorts we do have are a fraction of their size. Every time Alta or Snowbird or Vail or anyone else tries to expand you all get up in arms and some even resort to eco-terrorism, yet when the ski season comes you then complain about lines. You can't have it both ways. Either let the resorts expand and throw down lifts all over our mountains like in Europe or deal with resorts trying to find ways to manage the massive crowds.
    I'm a liberal / environmentalist and have no problem with more ski resorts and terrain expansions.

But you have to be joking about immigration - as if they are the ones adding to skier crowds. People are not crossing the border to go ski at Vail. lol...

That's a pretty wide brush you got there jong, maybe take off those blinders before opening your mouth.

Also, take that shit over to polyass.

I wasn’t going reply and quote the troll, but since you did….

or deal with resorts trying to find ways to manage the massive crowds.

FastPass ain’t about managing crowds. It’s all about the $$$.

See post #137.

But you have to be joking about immigration - as if they are the ones adding to skier crowds. People are not crossing the border to go ski at Vail. lol...

They are crossing the border to WORK at Vail and load your ass on a chair, serve you food and change your sheets.

Without immigrants whose going to buckle my boots?

Quote Originally Posted by Ski220 View Post
    They are crossing the border to WORK at Vail and load your ass on a chair, serve you food and change your sheets.
    Exactly. Hmm, we have a labor shortage and a bunch of people trying to cross the border to find work. If only there was an elegant solution...

Exactly. Hmm, we have a labor shortage and a bunch of people trying to cross the border to find work. If only there was an elegant solution...
    We could hire more border patrol and people to build a wall? That's what you're inferring right?

Quote Originally Posted by davjr96 View Post
    We could hire more border patrol and people to build a wall? That's what you're inferring right?
    How about if they pass laws allowing people to sue companies that knowingly employ illegals? /S

Nah, who ever heard of such a stupid fucking idea.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    How about if they pass laws allowing people to sue companies that knowingly employ illegals? /S

Nah, who ever heard of such a stupid fucking idea.
    yes, the snitch approach seems to be doing wonders in Texas.

Hey Kevintheskier,

That is a steaming hot pile of dogshit you are spewing while trying to turn this shit political.

Retail on a set of skins is $200.

hahaha imagine being this guy ^^

Fast Tracks pass

Gotta be exhausting.

And here I thought TGR was full of far right wing radical conservatives who want to expand ski resorts in North America.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

We are - Didnt Mt Bachelor expand its terrain by about 15% just a few years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    We are - Didnt Mt Bachelor expand its terrain by about 15% just a few years ago?
    Early Riser? It's free!
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363