Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    My god, ya'll sound like old people. Especially Benny, who is worrying about whose job it is gonna be. Don't worry dude, I'm sure the corps are all over that and don't need your input.

Sierra at Tahoe had a seasonal program like this for years. Rarely did it effect the humble masses. On storm days, I never once saw anyone use those lines. Bluebird Saturday was perhaps different.

Kirkwood used to have a Black Pass that allowed you to skip lines and bring along other friends to fill the chair. You could not use this privilege for first chair on a powder day. I lined up with a maggot and two friends a ecde or so ago on a gorgeous powder morning. After that, we never waited in a line. One of the best on hill powder days. Instead of going to line up for chair 10 when before it opened we just lapped chair 6 until chair 10 started loading and we skied right on past all the poor folks and onto like 12th chair.

I'm sure the humble masses all fucking hated us, but seriously, it effected them by waiting one more chair (there were not that many Black Passes out there).

Maybe wait and see how this program ends up effecting your skiing at your local hill, and then start to complain and whine if it negatively impacts you. I don't mean you are butthurrt cause a few rich folks boarded before you, but actually impacts your wait times by more than a few chairs. Or not, and just bitch abut it all fall so you can get yourselves all grubbing and pissed for day one.
    Tell me you’re a tool without telling me you’re a tool

This isn't the answer, but it's something.

https://www.change.org/p/force-mt-ba..._share_initial

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    after watching the line up grow from the lodge while I finish my cap and crudites, it's gonna feel pretty good to hop in the fast track to get eyes on my new bogner

starts at $49 a day. How much are they gonna push it on peak days?
    that's "Crudités" you of the unwashed...

I was wrong once - thought I made a mistake
    ​I am not in your hurry

Quote Originally Posted by splitinbend View Post

Oh, my.

Yeah, you know it's the modern world of flash mobs on social media. Some say, eh, this has been done a lot, but let's see what happens in 21/22.

Yeah...Ol' Jm Dandy seems to be petitioning for salve to treat his Long-time-Local butthurt.
    I don't like the idea either, but that petition isn't gonna get it done.
    And hitting FastTrackWankers(tm) with snowballs is gonna get passes pulled
    A chorus of boos as FTWs load would be much more effective IMHO

From the Mt.B Conditions thread (not affiliated with Powdr Corp)
    Name:  245387112_4143925139046138_5440078034582789933_n.jpg
Views: 633
Size:  55.7 KB

Edit to add - from Bend Bulletin newspaper https://www.bendbulletin.com/localst...k7lA01fwj27mLE
    Leigh Capozzi, director of brand and communications at Mt. Bachelor, said the pricing for the Fast Tracks pass will be the same for season-pass or single-day ticket holders. Fast Tracks ticket holders will have a dedicated lane at each chairlift, she said.

“Fast Tracks will have a capped inventory each day, and we anticipate the limited quantity sold will have minimal impact — if any — on wait times,” Capozzi said.
    If wait times won't be affected, why would anyone pay extra for line cutting privileges (other than because they can)
    Last edited by TBS; 10-13-2021 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    If wait times won't be affected, why would anyone pay extra for line cutting privileges (other than because they can)
    I suspect what they mean is that if you're in the "regular" line and it's gonna take 10 minutes... it's gonna be 10 minutes regardless of the Fast Pass line. Obviously, it's going to be a *bit* longer, assuming there are a few Fast Pass folks that come during that 10 minutes... but perhaps negligible?

Seriously - they've done this at Copper Mountain for several years and it's a non-event from my experience as a plebe.

Has signing an online petition done anything ever? Is there a single example of a successful one?

Where's the Inglorious Bastards Fast Tracks rant video?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    Has signing an online petition done anything ever? Is there a single example of a successful one?

Boaty McBoatface…..

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    Joseph Kony?

Pre-online successes
    Martin Luther's 95 Theses
    The 1628 Petition of Right
    The Declaration of Independence

Where's the Fast Track line?
    Name:  Screenshot_20211012-204915_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views: 588
Size:  184.1 KB
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    This is the correct answer anytime Aspen is mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Yeah...Ol' Jm Dandy seems to be petitioning for salve to treat his Long-time-Local butthurt.
    I don't like the idea either, but that petition isn't gonna get it done.
    And hitting FastTrackWankers(tm) with snowballs is gonna get passes pulled
    A chorus of boos as FTWs load would be much more effective IMHO

From the Mt.B Conditions thread (not affiliated with Powdr Corp)
    Name:  245387112_4143925139046138_5440078034582789933_n.jpg
Views: 633
Size:  55.7 KB

Edit to add - from Bend Bulletin newspaper https://www.bendbulletin.com/localst...k7lA01fwj27mLE

I lulzed. Mucho

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I suspect what they mean is that if you're in the "regular" line and it's gonna take 10 minutes... it's gonna be 10 minutes regardless of the Fast Pass line. Obviously, it's going to be a *bit* longer, assuming there are a few Fast Pass folks that come during that 10 minutes... but perhaps negligible?

Seriously - they've done this at Copper Mountain for several years and it's a non-event from my experience as a plebe.
    Yup, this.

It won't really affect your wait time if you're just a regular schmuck waiting in line. But if you're the bougie Fast-Passer, you don't wait. That's how that quote reads to me.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Where's the Fast Track line?
    Name:  Screenshot_20211012-204915_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views: 588
Size:  184.1 KB
    and with that, we can close the thread

maybe a bit cheaper depending on how often it's used, but it's this really much different than a private skischool lesson that skips the lines? I suppose it's all day, but does anyone really need to skip lines to hunt pow in the afternoon?

Where was Ron when Oregonian co Pape sold out to Powdr? Is he cool with $100+ lift tickets?

I'm not sure how this is any different than amusement parks doing the same thing... and that (the few times I've been to a park) seems to be a non-issue.

I mean... I guess you could get all worked up about it, but is it worth even *thinking* about?

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I'm not sure how this is any different than amusement parks doing the same thing... and that (the few times I've been to a park) seems to be a non-issue.

I mean... I guess you could get all worked up about it, but is it worth even *thinking* about?
    The ride at the amusement park is the same now as it will be in 6 hours. The snow conditions now are not going to be the same in 45 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by boardtodeath View Post
    The ride at the amusement park is the same now as it will be in 6 hours. The snow conditions now are not going to be the same in 45 minutes.
    Fair point...

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Where was Ron when Oregonian co Pape sold out to Powdr? Is he cool with $100+ lift tickets?
    false equivalencies. $100 is cheap for a ticket nowadays. It's all about the pass, day tickets are old fashioned

Ron Wyden is a fucking rock star. One of the best Senators

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Tell me you’re a tool without telling me you’re a tool
    If by "tool" you mean the guy who ski untracked all day and every waited in a lift line at no extra cost to himself, then, yup, that is me.

If by "tool' you mean the person who gets used by the system, worked up and then whines about shit on the internet and starts online petitions at change, org, no, that would be ya'll.

Honestly - if you had the chance to not wait in lines on a powder day for free, are you saying you would not do it, and instead stay with the masses OR would you ski untracked all day without ever needing to hike? I did the later, and it was super fun. Thanks to the Maggot who had the black pass (which he got for free, if that matters) that let me be part of his lift group.

Ya'll can complain about this new thing, but the truth of the matter, is the corps don't care what we ski bum types think about it. They will only care about those who are dropping coin on a week's worth of skiing and lodging. It is like the older this group gets, the more it forgets who they are.

Oh - and Benny - go ahead and try. I could stand still 5' away from you and that snowball will miss as you sputter and dribble profanities out of your mouth. I still have not forgotten - this is ALL your fault. If you were not such an EPIC fan-boi cheerleader when this shit all started, perhaps it would not have gone down this road. I told you way back than it was just the tip of the shitberg. But you bought that damned pass anyway and look where we are today.

How is this different than congestion pricing on toll roads, which are present all over the US?

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Oh - and Benny - go ahead and try. I could stand still 5' away from you and that snowball will miss as you sputter and dribble profanities out of your mouth. I still have not forgotten - this is ALL your fault. If you were not such an EPIC fan-boi cheerleader when this shit all started, perhaps it would not have gone down this road. I told you way back than it was just the tip of the shitberg. But you bought that damned pass anyway and look where we are today.
    Agreed. It’s always nice to be able to assign blame.

How is this different than congestion pricing on toll roads, which are present all over the US?
    Get out of here with your logic. We're trying to eat the rich.

I guess John Cummings could respond to Senator Wyden with something like your post. But, maybe the fact that POWDR Corp. leases the public land via a SUP, makes it different.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch