Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    It won't really affect your wait time if you're just a regular schmuck waiting in line.
    If you are waiting in a half hour line and some ski bum, without a fast pass, cuts in front of you and makes you have to wait for another chair, he is only extending your wait time by about .5% (don't quote me on that number). Since he isn't rich and he barely made you wait in the grand scheme of your 1/2 hour wait - you should let him cut in front of you, right? Or maybe it's not about how little you are delayed, and about something much bigger than that.

As for Snowbird specifically, a fast pass at the bottom of Mineral Basin or Gadzoom on a big day will make a huge difference. And i don't think people posting realize how many good skiers with season passes will buy this product, I don't know why people think it's just rich people tacking it to their day pass at SB.

Anyways, that's just my thoughts, I'm not losing sleep over any of this, it's just making skiing even that more annoying which pains me.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    Are you a Snowbird local? If so has this happened to you: When it's a busy pow morning and you have been waiting an hour or so for the tram, and you are just going to squeeze into the next one - along comes 4-5 black passers who skip the line and put you on the next tram instead - which is about a 15-20 minute wait more wait until you get up now. It fucking sucks.

Or has this happened to you: It's a busy pow morning and you have been waiting an hour or so for the tram, and you DO make the first tram, and only limited terrain is open: but all the black passers have been making many laps before the resort opens on that limited terrain.

I don't lose sleep over this, but it's annoying as hell.
    I am, and this is why I simply don't ride the tram anymore on powder mornings. It's less than ideal, but I just get up there early and get in line at zoom, drink coffee with my buddies, and then hit gad2 or little cloud immediately. I can usually get a few good laps in on either before the masses descend.

It does absolutely suck but such is life, LCC is still so great that I put up with it because where else would I go? That said, the ikon influx the last few years definitely has me contemplating where else I could move. THAT shit blows hard. The last two seasons the line has been so long at zoom that I pop out of a thunder bowl or defiance lap and just catch sight of the line... definitely deflates me a bit. Adding another "cutting the line" line to the maze will only add more insult to the injury.

Oregon Senator Ron Wyden wants to block or delay implementation
    https://www.seattletimes.com/life/ou...bachelor-pass/
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by boardtodeath View Post
    It does absolutely suck but such is life, LCC is still so great that I put up with it because where else would I go?
    I think driving to Grand Targhee may be quicker to get to some days?

Having been a park city person both before and after the Vail buyout I have 2 things to say.

1. The Cummings were great to the park city community. SKi racing, locals programs, sponsorship, etc…great community leaders and involvement.

2. Vail has fucking ruined the whole damn thing. Race teams pushed to the UOP, no uphill access, decreased patrol presence, etc etc.

Fuck Vail right in the un lubed pooperhausen.

And the effect on Main Street has been to drive out any small local store to be replaced by fill in the retailer.

While I’m no fan of the fast pass I’d take the “old days” in a heart beat.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

If you are waiting in a half hour line...
    Then you might ask yourself "why"...

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Then you might ask yourself "why"...
    Why what. It was random example I picked.

If you are waiting in a half hour line and some ski bum, without a fast pass, cuts in front of you and makes you have to wait for another chair, he is only extending your wait time by about .5%
    I think you are underestimating how many ski bums there are at AltaBird. I dunno about anyone else but about after the 12th ski bum pulling that sht I start to lose my sht. Especially when there is clearly a long ass singles line, so the whole "I'm a single so I get to cut to the front" argument loses all it's logic.

Why what. It was random example I picked.
    Premise is faulty. Why would you think it reasonable to wait 30 min for a chair? Poor use of your life...

Premise is faulty. Why would you think it reasonable to wait 30 min for a chair? Poor use of your life...
    Better than waiting 3 hours outside the iAsshole iStore for the latest iPieceof iShit?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

This thread touches on most of the reasons I prefer to go backcountry skiing with my dog.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Better than waiting 3 hours outside the iAsshole iStore for the latest iPieceof iShit?
    False equivalence. As Mattig said, two dumbs don't make a smart

Can we move on? When did I say it was or not reasonable? Why be super weird about a made up 30 minute scenario so you can comment smugly? Christ dude.

We have enough divisions between the wealthy and the rest of us, like the ability to hide income behind laws available only to the wealthy and not pay taxes.

This is the kind of shit that is bringing about more [polyass]Jan. 6ths[/polyass.

The motherfuckers that implement this shit are responsible for destroying us.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

It's a fee for the privilege to cut in an established line. HOV lane, event tickets, etc are all false equivalencies not actually displacing another from where they'd be without you cutting in front of them. A good comparison might be paying extra for early boarding on a flight so you can be sure to get overhead space for your boots. You are in fact cutting in front of other people who had that spot before you paid extra to go ahead of them

Regardless of who he's laughing his ass off over it!
    And the whole ski and business world.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGaper View Post
    And that's why if you come to Jackson, I'll make sure to make it just like Stockton Ave. for you.
    Basically, that would mean I can't ski Capser Bowl? Or S and S? Stockton in a sliver of the offerings here. Come on down and I'd be happy to show you around.

I'm just trying to point out that this is really not new. The ski corps will try it out and will let the dollar lead, as they have been doing for the last 15 yrs cause early adapters to the Epic Pass, like Benny, showed them how and where they could make money by destroying local ski areas.

And this is pure Capitalism, not Trumpism. Nothing to do with that guy. It is owners of a business making business decisions they think will help their bottom line. Most corps think of their bottom line first. We are not their core customers. After I buy a pass, most years I spend less than $50 at the resort. Some years, none. They are looking at customers who will spend $300 plus a day on the hill, plus lodging, and dinner... With the crazy numbers of pass that Vail and Alterra are selling, a few pissed off ski bums not buying a pass is meaningless to them. That is why Vail no longer allows RVs at KW. Folks in the RVs were not spending money. So fuck them.

I never was a fan of the S@T program, but when I skied there it did not seem to make any difference at all. KW had maybe 20 black passes, half of which they passed out to folks and the other half they sold. Again, rarely even noticed it until I was enjoying a friendly maggot allowing me to join his chairs.

Perhaps this new thing will pan out to be a shit show, or maybe while you are waiting in line you will see one or two chairs fit in from the fast lane. Time will tell.

And yes Vail sucks. But KW is still the same mountain, and each year I figure out how to avoid lines anyway. Maybe that is why I ski there and not at the bigger resorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Basically, that would mean I can't ski Capser Bowl? Or S and S? Stockton in a sliver of the offerings here. Come on down and I'd be happy to show you around.

I'm just trying to point out that this is really not new. The ski corps will try it out and will let the dollar lead, as they have been doing for the last 15 yrs cause early adapters to the Epic Pass, like Benny, showed them how and where they could make money by destroying local ski areas.

And this is pure Capitalism, not Trumpism. Nothing to do with that guy. It is owners of a business making business decisions they think will help their bottom line. Most corps think of their bottom line first. We are not their core customers. After I buy a pass, most years I spend less than $50 at the resort. Some years, none. They are looking at customers who will spend $300 plus a day on the hill, plus lodging, and dinner... With the crazy numbers of pass that Vail and Alterra are selling, a few pissed off ski bums not buying a pass is meaningless to them. That is why Vail no longer allows RVs at KW. Folks in the RVs were not spending money. So fuck them.

I never was a fan of the S@T program, but when I skied there it did not seem to make any difference at all. KW had maybe 20 black passes, half of which they passed out to folks and the other half they sold. Again, rarely even noticed it until I was enjoying a friendly maggot allowing me to join his chairs.

Perhaps this new thing will pan out to be a shit show, or maybe while you are waiting in line you will see one or two chairs fit in from the fast lane. Time will tell.

And yes Vail sucks. But KW is still the same mountain, and each year I figure out how to avoid lines anyway. Maybe that is why I ski there and not at the bigger resorts.
    Ahh, capitalism isn' just one way or one philosophy sort of speak. What these guys are doing is Trumpism and maybe I'm giving Trump too much credit because there has been many before him. A flip side to this is a Chouinard capitalism model. He's a reluctant millionaire, but make every effort to do it right. He doesn't always succeed but he's constantly trying. We need more people (ceo) like him.

The greedy douchebags can fuck off. They're lower than dirt and can rot in hell. No place in this world for them.

This made me laugh:
    https://mountaingazette.com/blogs/mo...ntvs%3D.WQgA9C

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Ahh, capitalism isn' just one way or one philosophy sort of speak. What these guys are doing is Trumpism and maybe I'm giving Trump too much credit because there has been many before him. A flip side to this is a Chouinard capitalism model. He's a reluctant millionaire, but make every effort to do it right. He doesn't always succeed but he's constantly trying. We need more people (ceo) like him.

The greedy douchebags can fuck off. They're lower than dirt and can rot in hell. No place in this world for them.
    Ya feel better now?

Ott is correct, this is nothing new and as much as you may hate it ski RESORTs are a business and they will try to wring every last penny out of the customers, especially those who have the means and willingness to pay.

And for every YC there are 10,000 CEOs from the other side of the coin.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Ya feel better now?

Ott is correct, this is nothing new and as much as you may hate it ski RESORTs are a business and they will try to wring every last penny out of the customers, especially those who have the means and willingness to pay.

And for every YC there are 10,000 CEOs from the other side of the coin.
    I don't got a problem that they are in this to make money. I do have a problem with bringing distasteful amusement park style douchebaggery to the mountains. Ya dig jong?

So this will stop happening when all us marginalized groups get full civil rights and Deer Valley is forced to allow snowboards.. amirrite??

As many have said, quite a few resorts have been doing a version of this for quite a while. The only difference is this product will be available on a day to day basis. Seems like the implementation will be very important too.
    Who's gonna do it if it means you have to stop by a ticket window?

So this will stop happening when all us marginalized groups get full civil rights and Deer Valley is forced to allow snowboards.. amirrite??
    no. there is only one r in amirite.

Ski resorts on public land should have to pay part of their “premium” revenue back to the public.