Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Fast Tracks pass

There's been some discussion in various regional threads, but let's all complain together.

https://unofficialnetworks.com/2021/...ss-lift-lines/

“Resort operator Powdr is launching dedicated fast-access lanes at four of its mountain resorts this season: Copper Mountain in Colorado, Killington in Vermont, Mt. Bachelor in Oregon, and Snowbird in Utah. To access the lanes, which will be located at the most popular lifts at each mountain resort, guests will need to purchase a daily Fast Tracks pass. They will start at $49 a day, but have dynamic pricing based on the mountain, peak periods, holidays, and day of the week, and go on sale Nov. 1.”

Quote Originally Posted by davjr96 View Post
    There's been some discussion in various regional threads, but let's all complain together.

https://unofficialnetworks.com/2021/...ss-lift-lines/
    Copper has been doing this for a number of years... there doesn't really seem to ever be that many people in the "fast" line.

I suspect we'll see this pop up all over the place in the next few years.

Timberridge would approve...

They tried something like that at Big Sky a few years ago on the tram and it didn't last. Key is for locals to make life miserable for those using fast passes. Verbal abuse, heckling, snowballs, etc.

In all seriousness though, it really does seem to introduce a negative us-against- them vibe to a ski area. No bueno.

I wrote snowbird wondering wtf the deal with this bullshit was. I got a “sorry for your disappointment and we understand. Look for more details”

Bastards

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Yeah...they just announced this for Mt Bachelor. See discussion in the Oregon thread.
    Mt B. management is not happy until they can grab guests by the ankles, shake them and no more money falls out
    I don't think the FastTrackWankers will get a warm reception in the AM lineup here.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    They tried something like that at Big Sky a few years ago on the tram and it didn't last. Key is for locals to make life miserable for those using fast passes. Verbal abuse, heckling, snowballs, etc.

In all seriousness though, it really does seem to introduce a negative us-against- them vibe to a ski area. No bueno.
    This is the real issue; divisiveness. Remember when skiing was supposed to be fun? And we were stoked to talk about here and meet-up?

Don't ski Saturdays.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Timberridge would approve...
    Heh.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post

Yeah, you wonder how these people will enter with RIFD. A glorified singles line, or in with patrol and schools. Either way, close enough to catch shit.

Sugarbowl does this. I only ski there midweek non powder days and the number of people who use it is negligible. Alpine used to do it for a couple of years and gave up on it. That was pre KSL/merger. Both of those were for the season, not by the day. I think AM's might have been for all season pass holders--so before cheap passes.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Yeah...they just announced this for Mt Bachelor. See discussion in the Oregon thread.
    Mt B. management is not happy until they can grab guests by the ankles, shake them and no more money falls out
    I don't think the FastTrackWankers will get a warm reception in the AM lineup here.
    after watching the line up grow from the lodge while I finish my cap and crudites, it's gonna feel pretty good to hop in the fast track to get eyes on my new bogner

starts at $49 a day. How much are they gonna push it on peak days?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Yeah, you wonder how these people will enter with RIFD. A glorified singles line
    This is how they do it at Copper - there's a separate, glorified singles line.

Snowbird details:

- Fast Tracks is available at Peruvian, Gadzoom, Gad 2, Mineral Basin, Little Cloud and Baldy. The Tram is not included in Fast Tracks.
    -
    The pricing for Fast Tracks will be dynamic based on high-demand periods and days of the week, starting at $69/day. 

No tram cuts and probably much much more than the base price of $69/day when it's a weekend pow day. That's a tough sell for most people.

Because $150 for a lift ticket just isn't enough...they want moar moar moar. Fucking insulting is what it is.

will be cool when you pay $150 for your fast tracks pass the night before a pow day but can't get up the canyon until 1 in the afternoon

The customer will be ski in and out. But still probably won't show up until 10.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    Snowbird details:

Fast Tracks is available at Peruvian, Gadzoom, Gad 2, Mineral Basin, Little Cloud and Baldy. The Tram is not included in Fast Tracks.
    The pricing for Fast Tracks will be dynamic based on high-demand periods and days of the week, starting at $69/day. 

No tram cuts and probably much much more than the base price of $69/day when it's a weekend pow day. That's a tough sell for most people.
    Removed the formatting; couldn't read it otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by NBABUCKS1 View Post
    will be cool when you pay $150 for your fast tracks pass the night before a pow day but can't get up the canyon until 1 in the afternoon
    But they'll make you a great deal on a ski and stay package, where your hotel room is only $500/night

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    I wrote snowbird wondering wtf the deal with this bullshit was. I got a “sorry for your disappointment and we understand. Look for more details”

Bastards
    Sounds about right.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    But they'll make you a great deal on a ski and stay package, where your hotel room is only $500/night
    What's an extra $100/day on top your $10,000 5-day luxury ski trip, right? Just get one less massage.

Quote Originally Posted by NBABUCKS1 View Post
    Wait till they sell you the fast tracks pass for the gondola too.

Here's how it was explained on an Eastern Facebook page.

"OPINION: Killington's "Fast Tracks" Lanes Are a Nothing-Burger, But Be Warned Industry, If You Do This Wrong Your Faithful Customers Will Definitely Eat You Alive!
    In scanning multiple social media threads about Powdr's move to introduce Fast Tracks lanes at Killington and other resorts, the displeasure expressed is off the charts. I don't believe their implementation will move the needle however. This really is a nothing-burger. It will have virtually no affect on other skiers and riders because Powdr/Killington are merely trying to serve a very limited need and not negatively impact non-premium customers.

Here's How It Will Work at Killington
    In each maze at their high speed lifts there will be a Fast Tracks lane for people who pay $49 (or possibly more). This will be just one lane out of many for each lift. The lifties will load the Fast Tracks lane at the same rate as the other lanes. They will only draw it down at a faster speed if by chance it backs up, much like the singles lane that many of the experienced people here poach for faster access."

So, rightaway, glorified singles line. Pfffft.

There's an element of Americans who just need to spend more to feel better. Cars are number one example. Billions are wasted every year on the Lexus class, but twice as expensive as what people actually need. Same with clothes and homes. Stupid way to waste your money but, whatever, don't get mad, just pity them. They can't ski powder or the trees, anyway.

So now us local pass holders are considered non-premium. I feel much better now.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Here's how it was explained on an Eastern Facebook page.

"OPINION: Killington's "Fast Tracks" Lanes Are a Nothing-Burger, But Be Warned Industry, If You Do This Wrong Your Faithful Customers Will Definitely Eat You Alive!
    In scanning multiple social media threads about Powdr's move to introduce Fast Tracks lanes at Killington and other resorts, the displeasure expressed is off the charts. I don't believe their implementation will move the needle however. This really is a nothing-burger. It will have virtually no affect on other skiers and riders because Powdr/Killington are merely trying to serve a very limited need and not negatively impact non-premium customers.

Here's How It Will Work at Killington
    In each maze at their high speed lifts there will be a Fast Tracks lane for people who pay $49 (or possibly more). This will be just one lane out of many for each lift. The lifties will load the Fast Tracks lane at the same rate as the other lanes. They will only draw it down at a faster speed if by chance it backs up, much like the singles lane that many of the experienced people here poach for faster access."
    First, "nothing burger" has got to be one of the most annoying expressions of all time. Second, this seems like a BS opinion. The very fact that people paid a premium to be in that line means less people (presumably) will be in said line, thus it will move much faster than the normal lines. So it's not going to slow down everyone else--at least not by much--but it absolutely will speed up those who are willing to pay the premium, and I think that's the bit that chaps most peoples' hides.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    So now us local pass holders are considered non-premium. I feel much better now.
    You are the skiing proletariat. Also, bring money!

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    First, "nothing burger" has got to be one of the most annoying expressions of all time. Second, this seems like a BS opinion. The very fact that people paid a premium to be in that line means less people (presumably) will be in said line, thus it will move much faster than the normal lines. So it's not going to slow down everyone else--at least not by much--but it absolutely will speed up those who are willing to pay the premium, and I think that's the bit that chaps most peoples' hides.
    That is a stupid phrase, to which I blame Stephe A Smith. While that opinion might happen, there's nothing there of substance to back up what will happen. Further, there's been no language on how, exactly, skiers will get priority in the Fast Track line. Will they be boarded until no one is in line? Will they be worked in?

Everyone should just calm their tits and get to making sacrifices to Ullr.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Well yea, it’s essentially an “exclusives only” singles line.