Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Is lack of/awareness keeping things mellow with it? I've not heard anyone even talking about them but I don't think they have it where I ski. Maybe it will be kept under the radar like an invisible stash so it doesn't impact much of anything beyond a couple savvy folks using it. Ignorance is bliss.
    You can upload a pass right at the gates. So, it's almost like an impulse buy for those that feel like dropping some coin on a really busy day. Like TBS mentioned, there aren't a lot of people using it at Bachelor so far. And disclaimer, I ski Bachelor on weekends.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    You can upload a pass right at the gates. So, it's almost like an impulse buy for those that feel like dropping some coin on a really busy day. Like TBS mentioned, there aren't a lot of people using it at Bachelor so far. And disclaimer, I ski Bachelor on weekends.
    Are there big signs there at the gates telling people it's an option?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Are there big signs there at the gates telling people it's an option?
    I wouldn't call it a big sign, but there's a sign at the entrance and a QR Code to scan that allows you to upload and pay for a day of Fast Tracks access.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

^^^ And as soon as the signs dry out, people will hopefully slap stickers across the QR codes…

It was ski-on at Pine and CCX until at least 1pm today (Mt Bachelor), and someone still bought a Fast Tracks pass - takes longer to get thru that ticket reader than just carry some speed thru the maze…

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    ^^^ And as soon as the signs dry out, people will hopefully slap stickers across the QR codes……
    Stickers with QR codes that take people to a goatse website! Brilliant!!

I was thinking of BBI stickers…

Seven year wait to get a base camp pass….

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

GSA stickers

I was thinking of BBI stickers…
    Well that's kind of... boring, dontchya think?

I dunno, they’ve been used here before…
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E50342FB-D82A-4608-ACD2-117DCC65CC62.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	473.2 KB 
ID:	401841

Quote Originally Posted by DeepHelmet View Post
    I've been skiing at Snowbird for a very long time and I've never really felt like my day was affected by SS passholders. .
    Every big pow day in the tram line has been 'affected' by the SS passholders - every one. You've NEVER 'really felt' affected by them? OK. You've never been bumped a tram by them - after waiting for an hour or two early in the morning for first or second tram or third tram? That's impossible.

And "Sneak on at the end of the powder day" -why would anyone care then? It's early morning that matters. Are you saying the trams are full super late in the day and people don't get a last run? I'm confused.

I dunno, they’ve been used here before…

Name:	E50342FB-D82A-4608-ACD2-117DCC65CC62.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	473.2 KB 
ID:	401841
    Whomever this guy is, he seems to really like weed.

Name:	6A47A909-CE54-41DF-B5B4-026F90A39287.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	612.0 KB 
ID:	401843

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    Every big pow day in the tram line has been 'affected' by the SS passholders - every one. You've NEVER 'really felt' affected by them? OK. You've never been bumped a tram by them - after waiting for an hour or two early in the morning for first or second tram or third tram? That's impossible.

And "Sneak on at the end of the powder day" -why would anyone care then? It's early morning that matters. Are you saying the trams are full super late in the day and people don't get a last run? I'm confused.
    I copied and pasted this here so you didn't have to go back and read it. Here's what I wrote "maybe some mild grumbling on the tram deck when they sneak on at the end on a powder day". That means at the end of a loading cycle, not the end of the day. At Snowbird the end of the powder day is generally around 10:30 AM if the whole mountain is open. And if you're waiting in the tram line for two hours, you're doing it wrong. And no, I've never been cut off on a tram loading by SS pass holders. In my experience the lifty will usually hold them back when they show up at the tail end of loading. Maybe you just have shitty luck, or maybe you just wait in the tram line too long. Or maybe I'm just really lucky (not likely). There are only 50 SS passes available, so keeping in mind they're not all there every powder day (minimal impact), and also keeping in mind corporations will give them out to employees (a little more impact), it's really not been a factor for me. Like I said above, maybe you're just doing it wrong.

And by the way, your post has absolutely nothing to do with the fast pass issue. If you're going to try and compete with someone that spends an extra $150 per day to skip lines that's one thing. If you're trying to seek equity with someone throwing down $20k plus for a season pass, then good luck dying on that hill. Snowbird gives exactly zero shits about you. ETA: they give zero shits about me as well.
    Last edited by DeepHelmet; 01-19-2022 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Well that's kind of... boring, dontchya think?
    Better?
    Scammers in a few big Texas cities have been putting fake QR codes on parking meters to trick people into paying the fraudsters. Parking enforcement officers recently found stickers with fraudulent QR codes on pay stations in Austin, Houston, and San Antonio.

San Antonio police warned the public of the scam on December 20, saying that "people attempting to pay for parking using those QR codes may have been directed to a fraudulent website and submitted payment to a fraudulent vendor." Similar scams were then found in Austin and Houston.
    https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...kers-payments/

My main question is why would Snowbird make available the fast track pass and still expect people to buy a Base Camp pass, which is way more money and gives much less access to skipping lines? Yeah you get a private locker room but who cares. Line skipping is the main reason for paying more money. .
    Is it just a locker room or do they get an actual locker? Because that’s between $1200-2000 here depending on location and amenities.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Is it just a locker room or do they get an actual locker? Because that’s between $1200-2000 here depending on location and amenities.
    It’s a locker room with a pretty big locker that fits couple pair of skis, boots, and a sitting area. I think they have boot dryers in them. Not as posh as the SS locker room which is stocked with snacks etc, but it’s nice.

I copied and pasted this here so you didn't have to go back and read it. Here's what I wrote "maybe some mild grumbling on the tram deck when they sneak on at the end on a powder day". That means at the end of a loading cycle, not the end of the day. At Snowbird the end of the powder day is generally around 10:30 AM if the whole mountain is open. And if you're waiting in the tram line for two hours, you're doing it wrong. And no, I've never been cut off on a tram loading by SS pass holders. In my experience the lifty will usually hold them back when they show up at the tail end of loading. Maybe you just have shitty luck, or maybe you just wait in the tram line too long. Or maybe I'm just really lucky (not likely). There are only 50 SS passes available, so keeping in mind they're not all there every powder day (minimal impact), and also keeping in mind corporations will give them out to employees (a little more impact), it's really not been a factor for me. Like I said above, maybe you're just doing it wrong.
    I never said I get cut off at the tail end of loading - they load ASAP or mid load - and I miss the tram because of it. No matter what I 'do' it happens. Happens to you, I just don't think you understand if they load at the start or end, they take up space.

And by the way, your post has absolutely nothing to do with the fast pass issue. If you're going to try and compete with someone that spends an extra $150 per day to skip lines that's one thing. If you're trying to seek equity with someone throwing down $20k plus for a season pass, then good luck dying on that hill. Snowbird gives exactly zero shits about you.
    No shit I was just talking about trams and SS holders. I didn't even say I get mad at the system, I'm calling out your bullshit that it doesn't ever effect you. Yeah I've gotten frustrated, that's my problem.

Why are you being a smug dickhead?

Damn, early morning anger.
    Everyone I know is one edge right about now. Inversion, high pressure forever and current shit going on locally in the news. Yeah, need the white stuff pronto.

It’s a locker room with a pretty big locker that fits couple pair of skis, boots, and a sitting area. I think they have boot dryers in them. Not as posh as the SS locker room which is stocked with snacks etc, but it’s nice.

Thousands extra $$$ a season for a few bags of Cheetos in a warm locker - sign me up

After actual on the snow skiing perks, the locker room gear storage and place to hang out and eat our sammiches was probably my favorite perk about working for the ski school. Now that I'm old and weak I'd probably pay a pretty nice premium for a locker if I lived close enough to ski more often. Not 5 figures but certainly 5 not to have to carry gear from the parking lot for every ski day.

I would mention w/r to fast tracks, that thanks to COVID and the WFH mentality, the ski weekdays to avoid the crowds isn't working out as well as it used to..

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    If someone creates a Maggot Assistance Fund or something similar, and QR code stickers that deposit into that account, I’m confidant the Powdr resorts locals can put them to good use…

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Damn, early morning anger.
    Everyone I know is one edge right about now. Inversion, high pressure forever and current shit going on locally in the news. Yeah, need the white stuff pronto.
    Cocaine!

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    I never said I get cut off at the tail end of loading - they load ASAP or mid load - and I miss the tram because of it. No matter what I 'do' it happens. Happens to you, I just don't think you understand if they load at the start or end, they take up space.

No shit I was just talking about trams and SS holders. I didn't even say I get mad at the system, I'm calling out your bullshit that it doesn't ever effect you. Yeah I've gotten frustrated, that's my problem.

Why are you being a smug dickhead?
    Wasn't trying to be smug, but I've definitely been guilty of being a dickhead before. When I said "it doesn't affect my day" I meant it doesn't really bother me. Of course I've been moved back a tram because of the line skipping, that kind of goes without saying. I try really hard not to let things I have no control over piss me off, and sometimes I'm successful.