Old Bike Parts exchange

I have a set of shimano rim brakes that are integrated with the shifters. I'll update with pictures if anyone interested. 3X8.
    A couple mavic ceramic 26" rim brake wheels built with bontager hubs and shimano free wheel. The shifters look new. The rims are true and only used by light kids.

If you need them they are free, or I'll ship them for what it costs. If you want them I'll take pictures.

It seems like a waste to throw them out, but I will never use them again. These were take off on a trek that I lightened up and put disks brakes on for a kid. Now sold, and the guy who bought it didn't want or need them.

Keep this thread going for anyone else still keeping bikes rolling that are too old for current inventory shortages.
    Last edited by Canada1; 10-11-2021 at 01:43 PM.

Anyone need a non boost 100x15mm Fox thru axle QR bolt? No more 100mm in my house.

this is a cool thread

and free is good cuz I'm seeing all kinds of old/worn out bike parts on FB that people are calling "vintage" and asking for money, I don't get it

I havent seen a used condom advertised yet but it must be coming
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

this is a cool thread and free is good cuz I see all kinds of old/worn out " vintage " bike shit on FB that people want money for

I havent seen a used condom advertised yet but it must be coming
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I have a possible use for the integrated brake levers/shifters if they are right. Pics would be great to make sure they'll work.

Would be going on my mid 80's Fuji Thrill townie. The right hand Exage County SLR controls have reached the end of their life so I've been restricted to only a front brake for a while now, although it does still shift.

Love this bike.

Super stable with the big tires (can cruise standing no hands without a thought)

I'm a block from the couple of local stores. milk, cheezits for the kiddos who demand them, etc and >1 mile from work with a gravel rail trail to and from.

The bar mounted bottle holder is perfect for a coffee from home (as long as it has a lid) and serves me well.

And yes, I need new grips. Cleaning hasn't worked.

Been mine for over a decade now and ready for (another) rehaul. BB has been making some noise. I repacked it when I got it but there's something going on there.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211011_144058.jpeg 
Views:	33 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	388622Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211011_144041.jpeg 
Views:	34 
Size:	200.6 KB 
ID:	388623
    Last edited by JayPowHound; 10-11-2021 at 01:23 PM.

Brand new Kenda Nevegal 2.2 x 26" free to a good home.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Jay Pow,

I'll take some pictures tonight and get them posted to you. I think they will work. Newer than yours, but less heavy duty.

I have some road 10sp shimano cassettes if anyone needs one.

Anyone holding old time pedals?

ROC ATAC carbon is what I think I want but feel free to tell me I'm wrong. Going on my steel commuter.

Always interested:
    swept back commuter bars, rise and wide, or, flattish and narrow, Nitto/Soma/etc. 1"/25.4mm bar clamp
    1" threadless stems with low rise. I sometimes see them listed as 'track-style'
    Dura-Ace 7400 seatpost
    Last edited by ghosthop; 01-10-2022 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post

Always interested:
    swept back commuter bars, rise and wide, or, flattish and narrow, Nitto/Soma/etc.
    I have a set of On One Mary bars, if you're interested. 31.8, 660mm width IIRC, aluminum.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Currently free to a good home;

Couple of 10sp cassettes (ask me about gearing)
    Gravel drop bars (flare at the bottom)
    Non-drive side crank arm - Dura-Ace 9100 172.5
    Non-drive side crank arm - Cannondale Si 172.5

ROC ATAC carbon is what I think I want but feel free to tell me I'm wrong. Going on my steel commuter.

Always interested:
    swept back commuter bars, rise and wide, or, flattish and narrow, Nitto/Soma/etc.
    Dura-Ace 7400 seatpost
    Nitro Arc bars and Mustache bars? What do you want?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Currently free to a good home;

Couple of 10sp cassettes (ask me about gearing)
    Gravel drop bars (flare at the bottom)
    Non-drive side crank arm - Dura-Ace 9100 172.5
    Non-drive side crank arm - Cannondale Si 172.5
    Nitto Dirt Drops? I’ve got a couple pair

I’ve got boxes of ‘80s and ‘90s road parts. Shifters, derailleurs, brakes and levers etc. Suntour, some Shimano and Campy. Multiple cranksets.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    A couple mavic ceramic 26" rim brake wheels built with bontager hubs and shimano free wheel. The shifters look new. The rims are true and only used by light kids.
    Thanks for creating this thread.

I believe I could use the wheels if you still got them, would be happy to pay ship and $beer for the trouble. 26’’ wheels are tough to come by around here and I’ve got three 26’’ers that go in and out of being rideable but are still in use.

I have a fair amount of used extra parts for ‘95-‘01 26’’ MTBs, if anyone has a need for anything reply to me here and I can dig around. Think v brakes, seat posts, front derailleurs etc, mostly XT level.

Anyone got an 11-sp cassette (Shimano/SRAM) ideally with a 28?

Probably doesn't fit the "old" theme, but yaneverknow

I might. I'll look tonight. If I do it is one we replaced and then kept in the bin in case something broke.

Always interested:
    Dura-Ace 7400 seatpost
    I've got one of these

http://carverbikes.com/parts/cockpit...bon-handlebar/

not for free, but 60 shipped? little use - narrower than my tastes run as it turns out, even on the townie.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

got a 26" 2.5 DH DHRII and a 26" 2.7 DH DHF

they would not be cheap to ship currently, but in decent shape and free for the asking otherwise.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I have a set of On One Mary bars, if you're interested. 31.8, 660mm width IIRC, aluminum.
    thanks, we are a 1" steerer tube household and confined to 1"/25.4mm bar clamps. I updated my post.
    If I ever run into old school 26mm porter bars I've been known to live dangerously

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Nitro Arc bars and Mustache bars? What do you want?
    If by Nitro Arc you mean Nitto Promenade, I'm interested. I used to run no-name bars that were slightly more swept Noah's Arc and they were the best. Stolen off the street June, 2020.

Now that you mentioned it, I think the Mary bars are 25.4. I can measure if you're interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    I’ve got boxes of ‘80s and ‘90s road parts. Shifters, derailleurs, brakes and levers etc. Suntour, some Shimano and Campy. Multiple cranksets.

Any thumb shifters?

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Anyone got an 11-sp cassette (Shimano/SRAM) ideally with a 28?
    I should have some, let me look tomorrow.

thanks, we are a 1" steerer tube household and confined to 1"/25.4mm bar clamps. I updated my post.
    If I ever run into old school 26mm porter bars I've been known to live dangerously

If by Nitro Arc you mean Nitto Promenade, I'm interested. I used to run no-name bars that were slightly more swept Noah's Arc and they were the best. Stolen off the street June, 2020.
    Yeah, they’re nitto bars. Bought from Rivendell around 1999.