Anybody use backpacking united?

Found the boots I want for a couple hundred less than here in the states but their website doesn't make me feel confident.

https://www.backpacking-united.com/us/

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using TGR Forums mobile app
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Never used them , but a quick search indicated they're the online store for a well established German retailer. seems legit.
    http://www.pohl-handel.de/

I ordered a pair of boots from them a couple years ago. Order arrived in a week or two. No issues.

Cool thanks!

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using TGR Forums mobile app
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

I ordered from them last winter - everything arrived pretty quickly but just pay attention to your credit card statements. I was charged more than indicated by about $60, they stated it was a currency conversion error with their website, but they ultimately did refund the difference.

I am in the middle of a bad experience with them right now. I ordered my wife some expensive heated boots for about $100 less than prices I could find at US stores. Unfortunately, they sent me a pair of last year's, low volume, non-heated boots that lists for a couple hundred less than the ones I ordered and paid for.

I contacted the company and was told to mail them back and that they would send me the right boots and also refund my return shipping ($86 USPS to Germany). At this point the boots have been in German customs for two weeks, the right boots have not been sent (claim they have to order them from the manufacturer) and I am out over $400. I am now losing hope that I will get the right boots, a refund, or my shipping costs back. Really started to think this was an intentional bait and switch and they know there isn't much their US customers can do about it.

Hopefully your order goes smooth, but if not, don't expect much, if any customer support from Backpacking United.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
    I ordered from them last winter - everything arrived pretty quickly but just pay attention to your credit card statements. I was charged more than indicated by about $60, they stated it was a currency conversion error with their website, but they ultimately did refund the difference.
    I had a similar issue with Telemark Pyrenees. I don't think I'll shop from Europe again unless the prices are wildly lower, not worth it to save just a few bucks

Just a tip, pay with American Express.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I bought some boots from them last year for about $200 less than anywhere else I saw online, US, UK or otherwise.

The boots arrived in a couple weeks, no issues with payment or what I was charged. However, if you look on Reddit, there are lots of people that have had negative experiences buying from them.

I think one of people’s main gripes is you can’t pay via PayPal. So like Rideit said, if you have an Amex, use that.
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. The winds will blow their freshness into you, and the storms, their energy. Your cares and tensions will drop away like the leaves of Autumn." --John Muir

"welcome to the hacienda, asshole." --s.p.c.