Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: leaf blowers...

Bought an E-GO blower. Used it a couple times... works really well with the turbo boost... works pretty meh without.

Said fuckit and now just plan to mow and mulch the lawn twice a week and call it good. Use the blower to keep the patio clean and clear.

Bought a Echo small gasser with the vac function. Vac works well enough todo a quick sidewalk clear after work. I have a massive maple that takes probably 4 hours to blow, rake, bag, haul… I usually wait until I get a big late October wind storm and do it all at once.

Also… Search Jong… there’s like two or three blower threads…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    Yup. This 100+ yo maple at the top of the driveway is hours in and of itself, let alone the dozen around the yard behind it.

Curious what you're paying for the landscapers to do it, and how many trips they will make as fall progresses?

I have nightmares of Nov snow that doesn't melt before I'm done with the leaves. Grass does NOT like it when that happens.
    Yeah, I have a shitton of trees. I love them until the leaves fall. I just reached out to a friend that is a landscaper to come clean them up when it's time. I have no idea what it will cost. I will have to blow/rake myself just to mow the lawn and find the dogshit! I have one tree (the biggest maple of course) that drops last.

the neighbor across the street asked me if i had any plans for the leaves on my lawn and if not could she have some ?

I said well I guess its ok, so I come home from railing some nice juicy berms at the mtn bike area and she has raked most of my lawn so I think i know how Tom Sawyer felt

my ski bud used to say " how can you walk with all them horse shoes up yer ass ?"
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

get a troy-bilt.....

I have the typical suburban yard, one big ass maple, a couple of medium sized horse chesnuts, and a couple of aspens.

I have a 18V brushless Ryobi blower that I use in the front to get the shit out of the garage and off of the walk and driveway. It has a turbo button and works remarkably well on hard surfaces.

For the grass, I use an Echo backpack blower and a wheeled 5hp blower. Those two work well in the back where most of the trees are.

The 9hp leaf vac takes care of the finer details.

You win.

Realize that there are three different levels of battery leaf blowers. From top to bottom:

Great power, good longevity. 2 batteries

Great power, short longevity. 1 battery.

py power, crappy longevity. 1 battery.

Makita has all three levels.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

So I attended the SMBA work bee and they had me pegged to run a leaf blower, so 2 of us get dropped at the top and blow our way down which is like 4hrs/ 7km of mtnbike trail getting the blow job with a Sthil br 600 which is the most badass blower Sthil makes, that Sthil will move rocks the size of your hand/ sticks branches pinecones ... everything

and the leaves in my yard

are still there
    Last edited by XXX-er; 10-18-2021 at 09:12 AM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know