Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    We've got 190k on the 4.7 in our '04 GX470.

It leaks gear oils from the t case but is otherwise mechanically great.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk
    Same tcase leak with a 2004 v8 4 runner with the same drivetrain. Common. Just keep 'er filled.

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    2014 Tundra 1794 with 125k on the clock.

SR5 tundras are utilitarian. Get one of the better trims and you wont be disappointed. Average 15-16mpg.

Others have mentioned that 16+ tundras that aren't base model come with the larger gas tank (36 gal vs the stock 24 gal). That is my only want.
    I have an 18, with the highest level SR5 package with the center console, big tank, etc.. Other than leather seats it is pretty well loaded. Power everything, radar cruise (even base model Tundras have that now). You’d be at least a Lariat in a Ford to get a comparable kit.

56k on mine, at least 20k of which is towing a Malibu wake boat (just did a 2800 mile trip towing the boat back east) at about 6k gross. Not a single problem. I just put new tires on it.

Toyota’s make great financial sense buying new, and not great financial sense buying used. I paid 38k with tax for mine and got 0 percent interest back in 18. Dealer offered me 38k in August during my last service. That’s a free car.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by gearhunter View Post
    I am surprised that my 1997 Ford Crown Victoria gets better gas milage. Hahahahahahah.
    My friend's 5.7 has never broken 15 mpg around town.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post

Toyota’s make great financial sense buying new, and not great financial sense buying used. I paid 38k with tax for mine and got 0 percent interest back in 18. Dealer offered me 38k in August during my last service. That’s a free car.
    I mean I bought my used and my dealer just offered $42k at my last service… so by your logic they’d pay me 6k to drive it for 1.5 years. Idk I think it’s a case by case; usually when you drive a truck off the lot that’s new you’re gunna loose. But with the chip shortage that’s screwing up everyone’s math.

Whoever said to buy from the flatlands, that’s sound advice — shipped mine from Michigan!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I would hate to have a loose truck.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Good advice. Do NOT buy your Toyota or Subaru anywhere near the mountains. That's like buying the grossly overpriced food at the hill.
    This used to be the case, not so much anymore, especially with Tacomas. They are popular and expensive everywhere now.

My 2020 just crossed 25k. I could probably sell it for a few thousand more than I bought it for, especially to a private party, but I like the truck and plan on having it for a long time. If I sold it, anything else would be a compromise and just not make sense. I'm sure the popularity will take a dive when electric trucks like the Rivian become more prevalent.

2006 Tundra crew 145000. Love it. Upgrading to toytec suspension in November as the stock is done. Has a 4wheel camper in the back 6 months of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    I paid 38k with tax for mine and got 0 percent interest back in 18. Dealer offered me 38k in August during my last service. That’s a free car.
    Geez! That's insane!

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    This used to be the case, not so much anymore, especially with Tacomas. They are popular and expensive everywhere now.

My 2020 just crossed 25k. I could probably sell it for a few thousand more than I bought it for, especially to a private party, but I like the truck and plan on having it for a long time. If I sold it, anything else would be a compromise and just not make sense. I'm sure the popularity will take a dive when electric trucks like the Rivian become more prevalent.
    Craziness. You're probably right. SO glad I'm not in the market for a truck. It's nuts out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    I am rocking a 2014 Tacoma 4dr longbed with just under 60k miles on it. Never done a thing to it other than oil changes and new tires. When I got in 2014, I sold a 2004 Tacoma with 120k on it that I never put a dime into other than oil/tires/windshields.

I have no intention of getting rid of my 2014 anytime soon, but if they came out with a hybrid Tacoma, I would be falling all over myself to get one. This is coming from someone who is also rocking a loaded 2021 hybrid AWD Sienna. It gets ~36mpg all the time and is an absolute pleasure to drive. If I could get similar mileage with a 6' bed it would be an absolute no-brainer.

That's exactly why I'm interested in the new tundra. If that doesn't pan out, I'll wait for the hybrid tacoma.

If they made something like the Rav4 Prime (plug in hybrid) in 4runner or Taco form I would be all over that. Just trying to stretch my V8 4runner's life until that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    I would hate to have a loose truck.
    You know what they say about fast cars and loose trucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

2001 Tundra had 340,000km on it when I sold it, it is still being used to pull a horse trailer/farm truck to this day. I had a love/hate relationship with it due the recalls and nothing is our fault attitude at the dealership but it was a good truck.
    I'm now on my 7th Toyota so I guess I've forgiven them.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

I have a 2012 Tundra Crewmax Platinum. Brown leather interior, nav, heated and cooled front seats. Picked it up in 2019 with 97,xxx km. I’ve got 150xxx on it now, and all I’ve done is put tires on it and change the oil(and gas, lots of gas).
    People bitch about the box, but nobody complains about the reclining rear seats.
    I tow our trailer in the between May Long and Thanksgiving, and throw the canoe on the roof in between trips.
    I think this winter I will replace the shocks and service the brakes.

It’s been a great truck. I’d get another one in a heartbeat.

I spent the previous 20 years driving domestic trucks for work and have no reason to buy one of them.

It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Pshh... Only 150K? That's barely broken in for those things.
    Totally. I've got an 11-year-old so I think I'll likely just ride it out and hand it off to him when he's old enough to drive. Although, it's a 4dr long bed with a topper with tinted windows so kind of ups the difficulty level on learning to parallel park

I think the price of fuel will drive hybrid or F-150 E acceptance give it a few more years, once I can drive to the yukon I'm in, it would be nice to be able to plug in the E bike on a trip
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

My old '98 Taco had 280k on it when I sold it for $6k a few years ago. Bought it ten years earlier for $10K and 80k miles on it. So not a bad investment, I changed the oil, changed the timing belt a few times, got a tune up, and tires, and that was a about it. It had some rust issues around the roof/ windshield, the cigarette lighter didn't work, and my Seasons in the Abyss CD was stuck in the CD player, which I was fine with I swear I still see it driving around sometimes.

2011 Tundra TRD Limited with 69k. Fully loaded, leather, all the goods.
    Tires, oil change, new windshield, that’s it.
    In town I got 14.7-12.9. Hwy gets 17.
    Rides like a dream.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

'01 Tundra. 397k. Just normal maintenance and repairs. Radiator, sensors, cat converters etc..

Just got back from 3 days of dirt roading the eastern Sierra looking for fall colors in it. Love my truck

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

'99 4runner purchased w/110k, now at 230k. Mine has a hood scoop and manual transmission, which means I get approached by way more random dudes than before I owned it so if you're into that definitely get something with a hood scoop. It's been fine, but has yet to fix itself or give me blow jobs like I was promised. I've done:

02 sensors F&R
    Clutch master cylinder
    Clutch slave cylinder
    Coolant temp sensor
    Lower ball joints
    F&R suspension
    Starter motor contacts
    Rear axle seals
    Window motor
    CV axle x2
    Valve cover gaskets
    Fluids, timing belt, accesory belts, etc.
    Needs a front wheel bearing soon - those are pressed in (fuck)

They're good trucks, but lots of brands make good trucks these days. 10yrs ago the info available on Toyota enthusiast forums far surpassed the other manufacturers, which made DIY comparatively repairs easier. Now that everything is on Youtube it's not much of an advantage. My Chevy Express AWD as been less needy so far (220k), but I'd wager it's chances of major component failure are higher. Buddy's 1st gen Tundra lost a transmission due to radiator failure so watch out for that.

09 4runner 4.0. Bought for 14k in 2019 with 92k on the clock. Absolutely immaculate condition, single owner, garage kept in AZ (0 rust). There’s 126k on it now and there’s no doubt in my mind I could sell it for 18k+.

Consistently get 20mpg mixed and closer to 21mpg @ 70mph highway driving. Could probably milk out 23mpg at 60.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    The $20 headlight refresh kit from any auto store actually works, much to my surprise. 20 minutes of work, tops. Totally worth it.
    Even after doing all the DIY versions of this? I did the whole wet sanding, polish deal following youtube videos. They looked good for like 24 hours and then hazed again. It's like the actual lens plastic has been oxidized all the way through.

I bought the lens refab kit. Did my old truck and the daughters car. They would last about 4months then I would have to do them again.

My 10yo Taco has 97k km (~60k mi). Only gas, oil and tires so far. The brakes are getting low, I'll probably do them soon. Nice thing about Tacomas is they depreciate slower than the Tundra. I saw a 2012 Taco with 140k km for $30k cad, mine was $32k cad new.