Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    only about 20k kms on my Taco, it made more sense to buy new than used, I generaly keep vehicals a long tie

I had a beer with the tacoma salesman last night so I asked how was business, he said people are not impressed when you tell em it will take 2 months for their truck to show up

I have seen 4 out of 6 vehicals in the bike area p-lot be Tacoma's, same with the Back country ski area lots of tacoma's,

in compro the sledhead P-lot will be full of large american PU's and there will be garbage thrown everywhere
    Fernie is much the same. I've never seen so many Tacoma's (specifically) in town, mostly new.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I have no idea what they go for now. But a few years ago (just looked, almost 7 years ago), got my 06 Sequoia with 125k at auction for $12k. Was worth every penny.
    That's about the same time I bought my 04 Tahoe when it had 110,000 miles. Paid $8,500. As I said it just passed 300k.

I know Toyotas are great vehicles, but I do not think they are worth the premium price.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post

I know Toyotas are great vehicles, but I do not think they are worth the premium price.
    I don’t think they are either. I went shopping for a new to me used truck last fall and winter. I drove every make and trim level of half ton pick ups available. The Toyotas were very underwhelming in their interior trims even at the higher levels. They rode no better than ford nor as well as my Ram Sport. When the Tundra first come out they were the leader at the time. All other manufacturers stepped up and now have surpassed them imho. The Tundra sat on their design for to long while others surpassed them, my Ram has way better lines. My tow capacity is 1k more, more hp/tq, better fuel economy, 8spd tranny about 6k less in price as well.
    If you’re set on a Tundra, then buy one. I wasn’t set on any truck but the Ram just stood out. It was tough call between it and the F150 with the 3.5 ecoboost. Just couldn’t find one with the trim package and color I wanted. Don’t regret my decision at all as my Ram is a hoot to drive and I’ve been offered 7k more than what I paid.

07 tacoma with 255k on it..regular maintenance. Been carrying a fwc fleet full time for the last 4 years with no problems

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

2007 Sequoia - 158k. Offroad and tow regularly. Love the vehicle - 10/10 recomend.

Fuel economy is not great @ 15 mpg. At the same time,...whether we are towing, wheeling, or cruising at highway speed, doesnt seem to matter. It's always 15 mpg.

What is the milage on your Tacoma or Tundra?

2005 Tundra with 185k. Sits mostly during the week when I drive my econoshitbox (Corolla) to work. But it doesn’t need to. I just love the 6.5 bed and the full size backseat so I want to drive it to the mountains forever, so people can know I’m a hudge extreme mountain sports/lifestyle brand.

Sold a 97 4Runner with a stick (original clutch) and 320k to another radcore broheim who wanted to off-road it.

He rolled it in the first 6 months. Last I heard she’s still going.

Just borrowed my pops '04 Tundra. Over 350K on the clock and runs like a champ. Only basic maintenance but did finally have it's first alternator swap. No big deal for that kind of mileage.

So yeah. Are they good? Definitely. Crazy reliable, BUT I still don't they're work the insane premiums for high mile examples. Toyota trucks are one of the few times I think might be worth buying new. I'm not paying damn near full MSRP for a vehicle with like 100K.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

They may not be worth the premium, but it's a closer call when you factor in resale.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

2008 Taco I bought with 111k on the clock in ‘18. I’m at 150k now. Zero issues other than routine maintenance. I don’t even really want it anymore but it’s so bomber why bother selling…

Quote Originally Posted by kathleenturneroverdrive View Post
    2008 Taco I bought with 111k on the clock in ‘18. I’m at 150k now. Zero issues other than routine maintenance. I don’t even really want it anymore but it’s so bomber why bother selling…
    Pshh... Only 150K? That's barely broken in for those things.

Quote Originally Posted by gearhunter View Post
    Fernie is much the same. I've never seen so many Tacoma's (specifically) in town, mostly new.

Thanks everyone for your input.
    I think down thar in america vehicals don't get so beat up & rusted like they do up here,

if you get further narth than kamloops its a whole different level of fucking up a vehical and there is no way around it

thats why you don't see many trucks with shit hanging off of them like in that thread, cuz whatever you hang out thar will just rust away or get blown off by a passing snowplow
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1633918993.187972.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	665.0 KB 
ID:	388558
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1633919466.379565.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	205.6 KB 
ID:	388560
    Traded in our 04 4Runner V8 with over 365k mi for a new one. Routine maintenance and no big ticket repairs. Interior was still in good shape. Such a special car.
    Snowmobiling is not a crime.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Ram
    Holler when you get to 100k, 200k, doubt any of them get to 300k.

Tundras keep going, definitely a selling point for some.

https://www.motortrend.com/features/...the-tear-down/
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

200K+ on my 4.7L (in a LX 470)

Strange times in the truck world for sure. Picked up my ‘18 limited with 32k in June 2020 for $36k T/T/L. It’s wild to see what things are selling for right meow.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by wkd-rdr View Post
    Holler when you get to 100k, 200k, doubt any of them get to 300k.

Tundras keep going, definitely a selling point for some.

https://www.motortrend.com/features/...the-tear-down/
    My last Ram I sold with 278k worry free miles. The new owner reached out last week and said it just went over 300k. Lots of Ram’s around here with those kinda miles since Dave Smith is 30miles away. Tundras are good trucks as are any of the Big 3, or you could get a lemon with any of them as well. There, I holler’d.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    Strange times in the truck world for sure. Picked up my ‘18 limited with 32k in June 2020 for $36k T/T/L. It’s wild to see what things are selling for right meow.
    The local dealer has been pestering me to sell my 19 tacoma back to them. Strange times indeed.

I'll never sell mine, but this strikes me as accurate.Name:  yota owners.jpeg
Views: 344
Size:  104.5 KB
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Traded my 12 tundra in last year. Bought it for 22k with 40k miles on it, traded it in with 150k miles and got $16k for the trade in. I used it hard for 5 years, cross country twice, towed a bunch, and basically paid 6k for 5 years of use. Changed the oil, changed the pads once and bought tires. I did have an issue with the 4wd actuator at around 125k miles, it was an ongoing issue that got annoying. Seems water would get inside the weep hole and then freeze, and the 4wd wouldn’t kick in. Other than that, I love the truck. Traded it in for a 2018 Tundra with 18k miles, and my payment somehow only went up $40 a month. I’ll hang on to this one for a while. I think there’s a somewhat fine line between having a good trade in value and driving it forever.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

The price point diminishes if you travel to flatlands. Flew out to SD to buy my 06 Tundra with 135K.

Quote Originally Posted by whipski View Post
    The price point diminishes if you travel to flatlands. Flew out to SD to buy my 06 Tundra with 135K.
    Ditto. actually struck me as an arbitrage opportunity. Picked ours up in SD for 7500 (07, 150k). Could have flipped it and made decent $ the moment we got home.

2014 Tundra 1794 with 125k on the clock.

SR5 tundras are utilitarian. Get one of the better trims and you wont be disappointed. Average 15-16mpg.

Others have mentioned that 16+ tundras that aren't base model come with the larger gas tank (36 gal vs the stock 24 gal). That is my only want.

Quote Originally Posted by whipski View Post
    Good advice. Do NOT buy your Toyota or Subaru anywhere near the mountains. That's like buying the grossly overpriced food at the hill.

I've been looking right across Canada so I am on board with that advice. Many thanks everyone for your input. With the resale and longevity I am almost 100 percent sure I'll take my time and find one somewhere in Canada and bring it back to BC if I cannot find one here. I am surprised that my 1997 Ford Crown Victoria gets better gas milage. Hahahahahahah.

We've got 190k on the 4.7 in our '04 GX470.

It leaks gear oils from the t case but is otherwise mechanically great.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk