Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ug. Praying K2 corporate respects the brand.

https://blisterreview.com/industry-n...uct-collection

Today it was announced that the Full Tilt name and brand will no longer be used starting next year during the 2022-2023 season, but many (potentially all) of the actual products themselves will live on under the K2 brand and name. (Full Tilt was created by Jason Levinthal under the K2 Sports umbrella back in 2006.)

The world is perfect. Appreciate the details.

Tech talk JONG!

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

UGH jong

edit to add: Hilary Lindh (with an H) cares.

edit to add 2: pray for Full Tilt
    now a complete tool

Bring back the Koflach brand, perhaps?
    Forum Cross Pollinator

https://www.koflach.com/en/parsepage...ge&sqlpam1=259

1988 - Acquisition of Koflach by Atomic. ATOMIC is the first full-service provider in alpine winter sports. Shoes, skis, bindings and poles develops and manufactures its own production facilities.

skiJ

( Koflach didn't go anywhere - it just became part of the 'Atomic family' -- )

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Tech talk JOOG!

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    FIFY

Does k2 own the flexon brand? I thought they did but Iím probably wrong.

I think the best respect for the brand would be to use that name.

K2 bought flexor, created full tilt. What does respect the brand even mean? Keeping making boots in weird colors? Sponsoring stoners?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    K2 bought flexor, created full tilt. What does respect the brand even mean? Keeping making boots in weird colors? Sponsoring stoners?
    No kidding, it's just a business that did an amazing job rebranding old Raichle boots that weren't all that good when they were brand new.
    People here are typically assholes (it's part of the charm) - dan_pdx

Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post
    No kidding, it's just a business that did an amazing job rebranding old Raichle boots that weren't all that good when they were brand new.
    You can say you didn’t like them, nobody can dispute your personal preferences, but tons of success in World Cup DH, World Cup moguls, and all over freeride is irrefutable proof they were (are) actually quite good.

And god dammit if we all have to start hoarding them again, like in the between-Raichle-and-Fulltilt times, or God forbid I have to go on another multi-season odyssey of trying to make other shitty boots try to fit and ski like a flexon, I swear man, that may just be “the end of my meaningful ski days” in the parlance of our little forum.

Agreed. Fortunately I bought mine new last year, a light year, so, I have some time.

After hoarding up to 15 pair of old school Raichle Flexons, a boot that worked well for me, ex racer and mogul fiend, for fit and control, I finally succumbed to change.
    But I loved those boots.

I changed, mostly due to disliking my touring boots which killed me and didn't provide control. So I tried on a few and ended up with some Roxa R3 130s.

Not only did they fit snug out of the box, but the control was better than the Flexons and the R3's progressive flex was just what I like. So I started using them as my in bounds boot as well.

I do find the rebranding confusing. I had thought that FullTilt was well established in the younger markets. But maybe some market study shows that K2 is a better brand?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    But maybe some market study shows that K2 is a better brand?
    Or they are trying to legitimize the already craptastic K2 bootline with a legit boot?
    I know this will screw up some retailers as far as distribution based on conversations I've had as an existing Raichle Flexon/Kneissl/Full Tilt dealer that does not carry any K2 branded product anymore.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Probably more of a cooperate consolidation from the penny pinchers. They don't want to have to pay two marketing teams, athletes, reps... though most guys do Line and Fulltilt under a K2 rep.... maybe we will see Line absorbed as well?

My last winter at the shop we made a move to pickup Line and Full Tilt, the main rep was really pushing for us to just take on K2, I wonder how long this has been in the making.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    Or they are trying to legitimize the already craptastic K2 bootline with a legit boot?
    I know this will screw up some retailers as far as distribution based on conversations I've had as an existing Raichle Flexon/Kneissl/Full Tilt dealer that does not carry any K2 branded product anymore.
    Ooh, yeah, that's gonna suck. There is a good store here that carries Full Tilt but not K2 and a decent big box-ish store here that carries K2 but not Full Tilt. I'm sure one of them is psyched.
    Happened when Trek completely absorbed Gary Fischer.
    But in Missoula, we seem to have much better bike brand - uhhh - penetration, than ski stuff. Only good thing about Scheels opening up here is they might have some decent Lange/Dynastar stuff we didn't have in town before.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I hoarded for years as well (even had the kneissl version) but a weird foot injury has me in overlaps

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Happened when Trek completely absorbed Gary Fischer.
    That's my inspiration behind the OP. Look what happened to Gary Fischer.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    After hoarding up to 15 pair of old school Raichle Flexons, a boot that worked well for me, ex racer and mogul fiend, for fit and control, I finally succumbed to change.
    But I loved those boots.

I changed, mostly due to disliking my touring boots which killed me and didn't provide control. So I tried on a few and ended up with some Roxa R3 130s.

Not only did they fit snug out of the box, but the control was better than the Flexons and the R3's progressive flex was just what I like. So I started using them as my in bounds boot as well.

I do find the rebranding confusing. I had thought that FullTilt was well established in the younger markets. But maybe some market study shows that K2 is a better brand?
    Pretty sure Roxa made both Raichle and Full Tilt boots

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    Pretty sure Roxa made both Raichle and Full Tilt boots
    I don't know if that's really the proper lineage, but it is a fact all this stuff comes from the same village in Italy.
    The hierarchy is probably highly cyclic.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Not surprised. Brand failing to adapt (it was always based on having a low overhead and just selling people old shit), while their core target market changed from park skiing to backcountry
    Sales have slumped over the last ten years, they poured money into an absolute fuckshow of a touring boot while neglecting the one boot their customers actually cared about. Meanwhile the brand tried to remain relevant by accumulating and increasingly expensive team, something which was avoided early on.

K2 will probably keep a few core models as K2 branded products for a couple years and then hope no one really notices when they divest the rest down the road.

Edit: Roxa has been making fulltilt boots.

craptastic for you, but amazing for me, on my fourth pair of FT, only boot that fits me proper, low volume and narrow, right ramp angles and forward leans. Already scouring for hoarding opportunities. On those new FC 130 can you replace the grip walk with the regular replaceable rubber din soles (the ones that came on old seths and current tom wallisch)? Time to buy up 12 tongues, wrap pro liners and wallisch or FCs
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    He got insanely rich and turned in to the self-proclaimed elder statesman of hipster bike dipshits? It took Trek like twenty years before they got rid of the GF line, I highly doubt if K2 will dump FT's popular models right away.

I don't know that K2 has any responsibility to "respect" the brand, being a rebranding of existing technology, but they aren't going to just get rid of the damn things.

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    Ding ding ding!

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    You can say you didnít like them, nobody can dispute your personal preferences, but tons of success in World Cup DH, World Cup moguls, and all over freeride is irrefutable proof they were (are) actually quite good.
    Name:  OMRW3VWFBO6WWDE5FUWB3PAHWU.jpg
Views: 563
Size:  60.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Look what happened to Klein!

(Does anyone know what happened to Gary Klein? )
    Forum Cross Pollinator