Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewy30 View Post
    Mine are great too. A little too much instep volume still, so I am waiting on the High Volume Tongues. Probably could have used another squirt or two due to my low volume feet, but it’s performance is still far beyond what I’ve experienced in the past (intuition liners)

Great heel hold and power transmission while providing ample room around the toes, this is my first season I haven’t gotten black toes, they fill up the volume required without pushing my foot forward or with excess foam and material around the toes. That combined with the updated shell and this is the best performance out of a boot I’ve had since a head raptor B3 RD.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Sounds like it's off to a good start for you. Helpful tip - when looking at the V3 Tongues, associate the name of the tongue with the resulting fit you are looking for. High Volume Tongue = High Volume fit, just like with boot shells. If you need more space, go High Volume. If you need less space go Medium Volume or Low Volume, depending on what tongue you already have.

Anyone here move from a wrap to mimic?

Quote Originally Posted by onenerdykid View Post
    Sounds like it's off to a good start for you. Helpful tip - when looking at the V3 Tongues, associate the name of the tongue with the resulting fit you are looking for. High Volume Tongue = High Volume fit, just like with boot shells. If you need more space, go High Volume. If you need less space go Medium Volume or Low Volume, depending on what tongue you already have.
    Yup you’re right, that’s what I specified. I just keep on getting them mixed up in my head!

Does anyone know anywhere in SLC that carries and can fit these liners? I've called every shop in the SLC area listed as expert boot fitter on Atomic's site and none of them had them or could fit them.

Quote Originally Posted by DigSki View Post
    Does anyone know anywhere in SLC that carries and can fit these liners? I've called every shop in the SLC area listed as expert boot fitter on Atomic's site and none of them had them or could fit them.
    Track down the Atomic sales rep, ask him which shops ordered the Mimic Hawx Professional Liners.

AFAIK they don't exist. I tried to get a warranty on my destroyed Mimic Liner and I got an old Platinum Liner instead. If you find one, I'd be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by abcdethan View Post
    AFAIK they don't exist. I tried to get a warranty on my destroyed Mimic Liner and I got an old Platinum Liner instead. If you find one, I'd be interested.
    abcdeFU, we are talking about the Atomic Mimic Professional liner. New this year, it’s an aftermarket foam injected liner.

my bad

I have a pair of 28.5 mimic platinum liners if anyone is interested. Have maybe 5 days on them. $75?

Quote Originally Posted by DigSki View Post
    I'm told that Sports Den in SLC brought them in, have the tools and the training. Not sure if they have anything left though, but definitely give them a call.

Also, if in PC, check out either Jan's or Jackson's Basecamp.

Quote Originally Posted by onenerdykid View Post
    I'm told that Sports Den in SLC brought them in, have the tools and the training. Not sure if they have anything left though, but definitely give them a call.

Also, if in PC, check out either Jan's or Jackson's Basecamp.
    Awesome, thanks onk. For anyone in SLC/PC, I just called Jan's and they do have plenty in stock for $299. Also I called Sports Den, they said they got the machinery but probably won't have the tools until next season...wasn't exactly sure what that meant, but figured I'd pass it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Track down the Atomic sales rep, ask him which shops ordered the Mimic Hawx Professional Liners.
    Great idea, I had not thought of that. I reached out to him on LinkedIn, I'll post if he tells me anyone else in SLC has these available just so people have the info.

Quick review on mimic professional liner. Purchased a pair of Hawx 130 prime boots with the mimic pro liner and I couldn’t be happier. I have a very wide (108mm) but low volume foot and I’ve only needed a small stretch for the 6th toe on one foot. Compared to the 6–8 stretches on my previous Mach1 130 the atomic needed significantly less work even with the LV prime shells. The mach1 was a great boot for me, skied them for 5 years but decided to go another route after wearing out the third pair of liners.

I pm’d Onenerdykid, described my foot then took his advice and had my boot fitter inject the entire tubes of goo when molding. I could feel it filling the space above the ankles and then filling in wrapping around to the top of the foot. With every boot I’ve ever owned I’ve quickly needed L pads to keep my ankles down, eventually even a second pair due to my narrow ankles.

After 15 days of skiing I have zero ankle movement and the boots are phenomenal. They flex almost the same from 5 - 45 degrees and are exceptionally comfortable for such a precise fit. The flex is progressive and powerful both forward and laterally with more rebound than my old mach1s. That being said, those tecnicas were more damp and I really liked that feel too. The Hawx gives more energy back and I’m enjoying feel more and more.

My feet have never been this comfortable in a boot, and I am absolutely locked in with zero play or movement. I have every reason to believe the liner should have decent longevity, but I’ll report back if that changes.

Quote Originally Posted by tenB View Post
    My feet have never been this comfortable in a boot, and I am absolutely locked in with zero play or movement. I have every reason to believe the liner should have decent longevity, but I’ll report back if that changes.
    Your review makes me excited to try mine soon. I called Jackson’s Base Camp in PC last weekend, purchased the last pair of 27.5 Mimic Pros they could source through Atomic.

I’ve got an old pair 26.5 Ultra Hawx 120s shells extensively punched for my big toe length, sixth toe width, and Haglund’s deformity in the back for each heel. The toes are CAST converted too so I don’t really want to ditch the shells unless I have to. I’ve been using Zipfit 27.5 Grand Prix (which I liked but aggravated my Haglund’s more and more over time) and an Intuition HV 27.5 (very good heel hold initially and warm, but packing out after around 100 days of use) over the last two seasons.

Hoping the Mimic Pro is the sweet spot for me in between the aftermarket liners mentioned above.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Getting foamed up at Bootech next week. I'll report back. I'm coming from a Sidas PU foam liner in a Hawx Ultra.
    Real interested in how this went. I’m also in no put comfortable and love the locked in feel. Looking at this Mimic, I feel there is nit enough foam to lock your foot in.
    How did it work?
    I went to the Ski Shop and asked them what would happen if the liner didn’t work. I got a shrug and a comment about, your stuck with them.
    Not the answer I wanted especially if I paid full retail.

Has anyone transitioned yet from zipfit to mimic pro foamed liner? Be interested to hear about any differences you may feel.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DGamms View Post
    Your review makes me excited to try mine soon. I called Jackson’s Base Camp in PC last weekend, purchased the last pair of 27.5 Mimic Pros they could source through Atomic.

I’ve got an old pair 26.5 Ultra Hawx 120s shells extensively punched for my big toe length, sixth toe width, and Haglund’s deformity in the back for each heel. The toes are CAST converted too so I don’t really want to ditch the shells unless I have to. I’ve been using Zipfit 27.5 Grand Prix (which I liked but aggravated my Haglund’s more and more over time) and an Intuition HV 27.5 (very good heel hold initially and warm, but packing out after around 100 days of use) over the last two seasons.

Hoping the Mimic Pro is the sweet spot for me in between the aftermarket liners mentioned above.
    Get out of the hawx if you have haglunds

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    Real interested in how this went. I’m also in no put comfortable and love the locked in feel. Looking at this Mimic, I feel there is nit enough foam to lock your foot in.
    How did it work?
    I went to the Ski Shop and asked them what would happen if the liner didn’t work. I got a shrug and a comment about, your stuck with them.
    Not the answer I wanted especially if I paid full retail.
    Like most aftermarket liners, you really ought to make sure you have the right shell for your foot. This isn't a band-aid for a shell that is too wide or too high volume for a foot. If your shell is right for your foot, you will be stoked.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Get out of the hawx if you have haglunds
    Interesting thought, what makes you say this?

The Hawx has a super aggressive heel pocket. It gives you awesome heel hold but can also just smash the shit out of your heel. The Salomon SMax is similar.

One issue is the way the boot completely collapses when you overflex it. This is especially bad overtime because the Hawx becomes very soft after a season or two. When it overflexes, it bites your heel. I stiffened my boots to help with this.

Grinding your boot board to drop your heel and give clearance on the protrusion can help.

I punched my heels. This is tricky because it pushes the walk mode bar out and can make the lever not lock in properly. I straightened this out by punching the other side of my heel. I'm guessing that boot now has a degree or two more forward lean but oh well. I have killer heel hold and no crazy pressure on my heel spur.

Everything golden said. If you have haglunds just get something else, it’s not worth it getting worse. Other boots have just as good heel hold, but without the aggressive achilles indent which catches the haglund bump during deep flexes.

Thanks all. Sounds like some of you are talking about the Hawx XTD and others about the Hawx Ultra.

I did have to give up on the XTD in a 26.5 for me mostly because of the Haglund’s. Hard to punch it around the walk mode lever in the heel.

But the Hawx Ultra is easy to punch back there. Overflexing is maybe an issue, but I do like the feel of my Ultra 120s with a Booster added and aftermarket liner added. Of note, my Haglund’s was just as pissed off in the old Lange Freetour XT 130 LV and the original Cochise 130 too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	74B610B2-4DE4-4115-A20C-6D64E8D5A779.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	445.3 KB 
ID:	404468

How do you like the 120s? I have been thinking about getting the Professional liner and putting it in some 120s or even 110s, as the new 130 was stiff as hell for me. The pro liner is a sweet option. Might even stick it in my ProMachines.

Quote Originally Posted by ejj View Post
    How do you like the 120s? I have been thinking about getting the Professional liner and putting it in some 120s or even 110s, as the new 130 was stiff as hell for me. The pro liner is a sweet option. Might even stick it in my ProMachines.
    For me at 5’ 9”, 150 lbs, not an ex-racer, and with low volume ankles/heels/calves, I like them a lot. The lateral flex is stiff enough, the cuff wraps my chicken legs well, and the forward flex is soft off the top but nicely progressive.

My Mimic Pro injectable liner just came in yesterday so I’ll be trying the new liner in the old shell soon and will report back.

Thanks all. Sounds like some of you are talking about the Hawx XTD and others about the Hawx Ultra.

I did have to give up on the XTD in a 26.5 for me mostly because of the Haglund’s. Hard to punch it around the walk mode lever in the heel.

But the Hawx Ultra is easy to punch back there. Overflexing is maybe an issue, but I do like the feel of my Ultra 120s with a Booster added and aftermarket liner added. Of note, my Haglund’s was just as pissed off in the old Lange Freetour XT 130 LV and the original Cochise 130 too.
    Boots with ski/walk modes are always going to be trickier to fit than fixed-cuff, alpine boots. As DGamms showed, it's quite easy to adapt the heel of a regular Hawx boot. All of the Ultra & Prime shells uses a very heat-moldable PU so punching the area is quite successful.

Really great work with the professional boots! I just got foamed mine hand the experience with them while skiing was amazing! I like really much how the boots are holding the knee so I can keep the boots comfortable tightness without making the boot too stiff for me with the two upper buckles.

How ever I had some issues in two areas and both feels like I would need just a little bit more space there. First one is tailor's bunion and it's actually the same with problem that I have had with my older Hawk Ultra boots and it have been solved perfectly just with a normal memory fit process. For that are I used pads while foaming and after foaming was ready shell was also modified manually but it seems that these were not enough. The second issue is with malleolus that I didn’t expect at all and thats why I didn’t use pads there while foaming.

So I have two questions:

1. How should I try to refit the boots? Just the normal memoryfit process or something else? Can that do something bad for already foamed liner? Should both the shell and liner be warmed up?

2. How situations were some shell fitting is needed should normally be done? If memory fit process have been earlier enough is it possible to do that first with the liner without the foam?