Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Getting foamed up at Bootech next week. I'll report back. I'm coming from a Sidas PU foam liner in a Hawx Ultra.
    Depending on how you like your Sidas liner, you can go one of two ways: if you like that rock-solid, super tight fit then ask your boot-fitter to pump in more foam than the recommended amount. If you didn't like how your Sidas fit (meaning: it was too tight, you got too cold, etc.) then go with the recommended amount of foam. Looking forward to hearing how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by onenerdykid View Post
    What size is your foot? Remember that a boot is only "100mm" on its reference size, in this case 26/26.5. As you go up in size, the last gets wider by 2mm and as you go down in size, the last gets narrower by 2mm. So in size 28/28.5, a Hawx Prime is 104mm wide. Just something to be aware of.

Also, it's very easy to gain width in a boot, so I am not too worried about that for you. But, like you said, your instep is quite high and this is often the tricky limiting factor. Without being able to see your foot in a boot this is a total guess, but I think this would be quite possible given our High Volume tongue option. I've fit some fairly monster feet in a Prime with the Mimic Professional liner & HV tongue combo.
    Size =25.5

Quote Originally Posted by Jongle View Post
    FWIW, my feet are 106mm wide with narrow heels and a size 24.5 Hawx Prime fits me will with very minor work (spot heating the forefoot area of the shell with a heat gun while wearing the boots).
    I mentioned that I had to use Sportmachine as my boot, since Speedmachines killed me in the instep area even without buckling down, and that's the next volume size up in Nordica.

Quote Originally Posted by Bite Me View Post
    Size =25.5
    Yeah, now this is getting trickier. It might work to put the Hawx version into your Sportmachine, but my fear is that it won't fit correctly in the bottom of the shell since it fits a 98mm boot too. Without having done the experiment, I would unfortunately say it most likely won't work that well for you.

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Matt, what's the bottom of the liner like? Standard strobel sole?

Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post
    Matt, what's the bottom of the liner like? Standard strobel sole?
    Standard strobel sole, just like our other liners.

@onenerdykid - from your experience do these numbers strike you as someone with either high instep, or otherwise someone you wouldn’t recommend the Club Sport Professional to? I’m good in the lightweight touring boot department, and for a change wanted to give a heavier alpine boot a try for my daily driving. After listening to your most recent conversation with Blister it seems like the “suspension” of a 2400gr boot is what I’m after. The only problem is my feet don’t play nicely with race fit boots. I understand that the Hawx lineup would be best considering my foot, but the weight of the Hawx isn’t in that same ballpark, hence the question.

Attached is the scan data from the Fischer app:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2345.JPG 
Views:	178 
Size:	174.7 KB 
ID:	390242

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by tharmor View Post
    @onenerdykid - from your experience do these numbers strike you as someone with either high instep, or otherwise someone you wouldn’t recommend the Club Sport Professional to? I’m good in the lightweight touring boot department, and for a change wanted to give a heavier alpine boot a try for my daily driving. After listening to your most recent conversation with Blister it seems like the “suspension” of a 2400gr boot is what I’m after. The only problem is my feet don’t play nicely with race fit boots. I understand that the Hawx lineup would be best considering my foot, but the weight of the Hawx isn’t in that same ballpark, hence the question.

Hey Tharmor - on the face of it, your scan doesn't look incompatible with the boot but it will come down to the skills of your boot-fitter. The combination of proper footbed, stretching & grinding, and a Mimic Professional liner + HV tongue will be the best way to ensure a high success rate with your foot + CS boot combo.

Quote Originally Posted by tharmor View Post

Not Matt, but you have a high instep - Verifyt and Fischer scan results are very similar, and the average for a 25.5 foot with Verifyt is something like 63mm to 68mm. Not sure about fitting the Redster CS as Matt hasn't yet sent me a pair, but a Hawx Ultra would be a good start for your foot (narrow last with relatively tall instep).

Just saw this video on the professional series which shows the foaming process in case anyone was curious like myself.

https://youtu.be/itqSyYh9EIQ

Atomic Mimic Professional Liner

I’m not sure these are going to cut it for me. The heel hold/pocket is lacking compared to my Sidas. It even feels looser than my regular Mimic. I have a 25 shell and we added enough foam for a 27.

Name:	IMG_5587.JPG 
Views:	244 
Size:	160.3 KB 
ID:	390934

Name:	IMG_5586.JPG 
Views:	239 
Size:	207.6 KB 
ID:	390935

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    I’m not sure these are going to cut it for me. The heel hold/pocket is lacking compared to my Sidas. It even feels looser than my regular Mimic. I have a 25 shell and we added enough foam for a 27.
    Sounds odd. It shouldn't be as tight as a traditional bottle foam liner but it should be noticeably tighter than a stock liner. The normal experience I've heard from just about everyone is just like the OP's...

Are you sure all of the steps were done correctly? Heating in the oven, toe caps, etc.? And you normally don't use a custom footbed?

I was super stoked to try these but checked Atomic's B2B in Canada today and every size BUT 27 available. Hopefully it's an error in delivery ETA's but showing 0s into next year.

Is it me or does it look like it is wrinkled up in areas. Almost like these was not enough foam injected

Name:	CAFC0A18-94F5-4496-B893-9A52F7F7AE81.jpeg 
Views:	133 
Size:	317.1 KB 
ID:	390974

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    I was super stoked to try these but checked Atomic's B2B in Canada today and every size BUT 27 available. Hopefully it's an error in delivery ETA's but showing 0s into next year.
    Should be some still coming in, but stock (on everything in the world) is going to very limited this year.

Quote Originally Posted by phatboy64 View Post
    Is it me or does it look like it is wrinkled up in areas. Almost like these was not enough foam injected

Name:	CAFC0A18-94F5-4496-B893-9A52F7F7AE81.jpeg 
Views:	133 
Size:	317.1 KB 
ID:	390974
    What you've circled is where the tongue goes- it's the indent from the tongue during the foaming process, which all foam liners will have.

Oh ok. Makes sense.

ONK, Regarding footbeds. If I get a liner foamed with my current footbed and decide for whatever reason to change that footbed out at a later date is that going to be an issue?
    Two examples:
    One, I get foamed with an Instaprint and at a later date want to switch to something a little lower volume like a superfeet "carbon"
    Two, I get foamed with a superfeet "carbon" but later want to switch to a different superfeet with the same volume but with a less aggressive arch like a "black"

Quote Originally Posted by phatboy64 View Post
    ONK, Regarding footbeds. If I get a liner foamed with my current footbed and decide for whatever reason to change that footbed out at a later date is that going to be an issue?
    Two examples:
    One, I get foamed with an Instaprint and at a later date want to switch to something a little lower volume like a superfeet "carbon"
    Two, I get foamed with a superfeet "carbon" but later want to switch to a different superfeet with the same volume but with a less aggressive arch like a "black"
    With any custom-made liner, you most often want to stick with one footbed. Because Mimic Professional is molded around your foot, any change in foot position, ankle position, etc. is usually not ideal as your foot/ankle will no longer sit in the original spot that the liner was made in. Small changes are ok, but large changes (i.e. completely different thickness or level of support) would most likely cause fit issues. So, I would suggest getting the footbed that works best for you and sticking with it.

Makes sense and that is what I thought..getting a pair foamed on Friday super stoked..

I had a pair of Mimic Professional Hawks liners foamed on Wednesday.
    I’ve been in a foam liners since 1999. I’ve been through sone good foams, and some bad. I have a Surefoot line with close to 500 days on it, and is still stiff and supportive, but it’s been pulled in and out of my boot too many times and is ripping apart. I recently had a new Surefoot liner made, and was not happy with it, it was too soft and not supportive enough for what I want. So I figured I’d try the Atomics.
    I’m a I’m a 27.5 wide Lange 130 Free.
    I had the shop use the full amount of foam, there’s a suggested 26/27 line, and a 28/29+ line on the foam injector, and had them shoot it all for me.
    It turned out pretty good, there is some excessive sticking and material above the tongue that I’ll need to cut out to accommodate my high instep, but it felt pretty good.
    I skied them today, the heel hold is great, it feels like it pushed my foot forward in the boot, making it a little snugger in the toe box. Lots of material and support above/in front of my ankle to stabilize my foot, I think I just need to sort the instep/tongue area to be super happy.
    I’ll give some more feedback after I ski them some more.

16 days into my set — fucking love them. That’s all. Great heel hold. Formed to my foot perfectly. I now ski with my boot on the next step on the buckles but it doesn’t cut off blood supply! Snug and perfect.

Atomic Mimic Professional Liner

Mine are great too. A little too much instep volume still, so I am waiting on the thicker “Low” Volume Tongues. Probably could have used another squirt or two due to my low volume feet, but it’s performance is still far beyond what I’ve experienced in the past (intuition liners)

Great heel hold and power transmission while providing ample room around the toes, this is my first season I haven’t gotten black toes, they fill up the volume required without pushing my foot forward or with excess foam and material around the toes. That combined with the updated shell and this is the best performance out of a boot I’ve had since a head raptor B3 RD.

Last edited by Stewy30; 01-17-2022 at 12:56 PM.

How do I get my hands on a Redster CS Professional?

I agree with all the above feedback. I put a pair along with the dual strap in a pair of Mach 1 130 LVs, I have about 15 days on them and couldn’t be happier, solid hold, snug fit with no pain.